Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Homework In Bedroom hack ver 1c

by dizzy2 Posted 8th Jul 2005 at 11:55 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:55 AM by Christy1077

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 119 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 12:16 PM
Hey great idea! *downloading*
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 12:54 PM
thanks!!! I've never liked children doing their homework at the garden
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:24 PM
Just what I wanted, thankyou !! x
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:25 PM
Yeah, I always put my homework in my room.

Will this interfere with any of the other homework hacks, like Jenflower's realistic homework hack?
#6 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:43 PM
Thanks. I hated my sims doing their homwork by the mailbox.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:18 PM
Great sims improvement!
thanks
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:26 PM
how do they know where the bedroom is, and which one is theirs? Does this require uni?
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:37 PM
I have been waiting for this!!! Thank You! *smile
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:39 PM
i have to thank you for this, as i've wanted for so long a way to make my sims [lace theer homework in there room. bless ya! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:43 PM
This is the very first hack that I have downloaded.. Thats right I'm a hack virgin...
ANY Whooooo
I hope I did it right, it goes in the download folder like everything else?

*I envision a world where a chicken is free to cross the road with out its motives being questioned*

~*~ Happy Simming ~*~
~*~ . .Blessed Be. . ~*~
~*~ . . ~Ravyn. . . ~*~
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistyravynmoon
This is the very first hack that I have downloaded.. Thats right I'm a hack virgin...
ANY Whooooo
I hope I did it right, it goes in the download folder like everything else?

Yes, it does go in the downloads folder. Thanks dizzy2 for a useful and practical hack! :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:27 PM
thank you Superfly
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:32 PM
Dropping homework anywhere and everywhere is one of the most annoying bugs in the game.

Thanks so much for this hack.

Best,
Doc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:42 PM
I don't think it requires Uni although I haven't bothered to play anything but Uni lately. This mod really should not conflict with any other mod that I know of.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
how do they know where the bedroom is, and which one is theirs?

This uses the fact that the bed adds to the "ownership" a sim has of the bed every time they use it. I just use the standard "is sim the primary owner" routine.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:53 PM
Thanks! My kidsims always put their homework in the bathroom where it sinks below the carpet - sneaky way to get out of homework!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:58 PM
:bow2: you are my he/she-ro!!!
#19 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 6:57 PM
wow, thanks! my first download to.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 8:12 PM
thankyou .my sims took their homework to their parents room and it was begining to bug me so this is a very much needed hack .
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 7:05 PM
This appears to conflict with the homework patch/Reservable desks from simlogical.com: the kids don't use their desks anymore if they're not also in the bedroom.
Will do some more testing on my second (cleaner) system to confirm.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 7:21 PM
This mod *requires* the desk/table to be in the bedroom. If it is not, they will leave their homework by the bed.
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 7:44 PM
I didn't make myself clear

The mod from simlogical.com allows you to set a specific desk for a Sim to place their homework on. In the house I tested this in, I have a study room where these desks are (not the bedroom).
Without your mod, the kids walk to their desks and place it on there. With it, they ignore the desks and place it by the bed instead.

No big problem (and fairly logical come to think of it), but just something to be aware of. Fortunately in most cases I have the desk in the bedroom.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:38 PM
Does this also work for Young Adults at the university? I'm sick of them going to the noisiest, busiest part of the apartment to do their assignments. They insist on the dining room table right next to the people who're eating. They should do the assignments in their bedrooms as well.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#25 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:45 PM
Jordi, I wouldn't have expected the two hacks to be compatible given the description of what this one does. It sounds as if they are both using one of the same BHAVs, edited in different ways. Players will probably have to decide between the two based on their preferences.
Page 1 of 5