Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Auto Lateral Phone Calls

by dizzy2 Posted 9th Jul 2005 at 7:46 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:54 AM by Christy1077

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 7:48 PM
This is quite useful thank you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 9:36 PM
Thanks Dizzy2, and I agree, this mod should make calls easier for all.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 10:19 PM
I don't quite understand maybe it's better if it turns out I like I'll end up downloading it and there being no more memory on the computer.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 10:42 PM
Will try it, mainly to see if it works with the caller-id function in the DMA Teleporter. I suspect they may clash, but will let you know once I've tested it.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 1:54 AM
Wonderful! I've been wishing for this!
Thanks so much!
-RabidAngel

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 5:41 PM
Love this hack! thank you
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 5:44 PM
Works really well. I like how you used some real good text for the callers to "say" as well.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 6:23 PM
I'm definitely going to try this! Any chance of adding call barring and silent ring? I want to stop Orlando Bertino calling everyone in the entire neighbourhood daily, whether he's met them or not.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 6:31 PM
I think that kind of thing is more in the nature of how Pescado's phonehack works, although it may be possible to work around it.
Inventor
#11 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 6:46 PM
I like the concept, but not for me! I still love your hacks!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#12 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 10:41 AM
The dialog was convenient if the sim in question is home, but may or may not be too busy to be bothered, but yes, it is kind of pointless if the sim in question is not there at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 2:33 AM
Very true, but now if they are too busy, I just cancel the interaction. I don't get an annoying dialog that decreases the fun of the game.

* Death to all dialogs! *
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 3:49 AM
When I added this after installing NL, I immediately stopped getting all those irritating "Why haven't you called me?" calls, so needless to say I put it down to this mod. It wasn't Pescado's phonehack as I've not added that back since NL.

As soon as I added the patch, the calls started again, so now I am somewhat confused. Is there anything in this mod that will stop those calls, or was it just a coincidence? I really do want to find something that will do that (and only that) as the phonehack alters too many other things that I prefer to have in the game.

Oh, while I'm here, is there any way that this mod can reject calls that come for sleeping Sims in the same way it does for Sims off the lot? At the moment it doesn't, which means the phone is basically tied-up for an hour unless the Sim is woken-up, which isn't usually convenient. Alternatively, maybe the usual box asking if the Sims is available could come-up when they're in bed, so we have the choice of whether to wake them or not.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 9:07 PM
It was a coincidence.

Tempting, but I like not having my game interrupted by Maxis design flaws. The phone line will likely get tied up if you have more than 3 or 4 sims per phone, so I think the real solution here is to get a new phone line (which, unfortunately, means getting a cell phone).
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:05 PM
so all it does really is remove the "is so-n-so home?" dialog where you have to press yes or no? if thats the case, then i see purpose for this hack only when the intended sim is not home. if the sims is home, id rather have a choice to answer yes or no cause what if the sim is home but does not want to speak with the calling sim. is it possible to do that? thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:24 AM
It is possible. No, I won't do it. It's not necessary (considering that canceling the action to answer the phone is just as involved as a dialog), and it interrupts the flow of the game (i.e. makes it less enjoyable).
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:42 AM
I've used this with the dmaTeleporter, and I have found no conflicts wtih the Caller ID function.

Also I discovered in Uni (and I think it's still the same in NL) that if a sim answers an incoming call, whether via cell phone or land line, no other sim can make outgoingo calls until that sim has hung up. But when no sim is on an incoming call, they can all make as many outgoing calls as there are sims in the household. That's why I've just about quit letting my sims answer the phone at all and just have them make outgoing calls to their friends. I love Pescado's autoyakyak for this.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 4:14 PM
and let me say.. a must2have =)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 1:42 AM
thanx ..im gonna try this out ..looks very interesting ...i have alot of kids sims that call as soon as the kid sims in the family i am playing goes off to school ..and im left thinking " hey, why are these kids calling, they are suppost to be in school."
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 5:46 PM
Hi I have tried this out using nightlife and as of now I have had no problems, I love this hack cause its nice to not be interrupted by popup boxes every time the phone rings. Plus as an added bonus if the Sim isnt at home that the phoner whats to talk to them then its just "Oh he/she isnt there ok ill call later, bye" Awesome, awesome mod thanks dizzy2!

XanderGC
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:24 AM
This is very creative and convienient, thank-you.
Just out of sheer morbid curiosity, have you ever thought about making a telephone hack for Prank phone calls, like they have it on the Sims 2 on gamecube?
Lol!
Just wondering out-loud.
I was just imagining a funny hack like as such, as I was playing the Sims 2 on gamecube this morning.
True, some people wouldn't find that funny, but on the other hand, in the Sim world, one can pretty much get away with anything.
Keep up the great work.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Tigerlilyb : 1st Dec 2008 at 2:29 PM.
I really love the concept of this hack but I had a few major problems. I have a lot of other custom content but none that effects the phones, even still it could have been a clash.
The hack works, and sims can still autonomously use the phones, but if I order them to they will 'jump' and the command disappears.
I have all EPs up to date and all SP's also, I wish I could tell you more. If no one else has had this problem then I apologise.

Edit: Never mind, it was a different hack. Apologies ^^;