Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Original Sims 1 Hacker Career

by BMWsRock82 Posted 11th Jul 2005 at 5:21 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2005 at 5:23 AM by BMWsRock82

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 8:46 AM
I'm the first to download this great. I'll test it later.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:37 PM
awesome, i've always wanted this, THANKS
#4 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 6:00 PM
We'll this is my first time getting anything off this site so hopefuly it works
#5 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mel75Ilke
I'm the first to download this great. I'll test it later.
= well i'm just like you
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 6:28 PM
does it have a unique guid
#7 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 8:40 PM
I just downloaded it. I shall do the testing in a bit.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 7:42 PM
Installed it and it overwrote the Business icon. Now there are a lot of funny things happening for my sim with this career (cancelling out of sleep, overwriting her work hours and pay, etc). I've removed it and these funny things are still happening. Her hours and pay are back to normal but there still some weird stuff going on.
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joeandmichelle
Installed it and it overwrote the Business icon. Now there are a lot of funny things happening for my sim with this career (cancelling out of sleep, overwriting her work hours and pay, etc). I've removed it and these funny things are still happening. Her hours and pay are back to normal but there still some weird stuff going on.

I havent had funny stuff happening but it overtook the business career, which I dont like. Im deleting as well until this problem is resolved. However I liked everything else about it, just dont want that career to be overwritten.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 10:21 PM Last edited by SuperFly : 18th Jul 2005 at 10:32 PM. Reason: add in the corrected files
Quote: Originally posted by BMWsRock82

NOTE: FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DO NOT HAVE THE EP, DOWNLOAD HACKER, FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH THE EP, DOWNLOAD HACKER_EPREADY!!

BMWsRock82, I must admit, I sometimes find your creatings rather confusing. If a career is EP ready, it can run on either TS2 and on University. You do not need two files. I am in the process of testing it to see if it clashes with any careers. I will update when I find out.

Yes, the careers did clash, so I put in a new GUID for the EP ready one only (its the only one you need). I will post them here. Please not, none of the original career details have been changed. :D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hacker_epready.rar (255.5 KB, 101 downloads)
File Type: zip  hacker_epready.zip (328.5 KB, 92 downloads)

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:21 PM
This career still overwrites my business career.....
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 3:50 AM
Yes Finally I Waas Begging Ts2 For The Sims 2
Field Researcher
#13 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 5:49 AM
Help! I have the EP, and I downloaded this.
It over wrote the business job.
Went to ColledgeVille and my students don't have the option of ''colledge'' when you click on them. They can't go to class! They CAN'T do school work!
What happend?
Anyway........ I desided to delete it, so I did but the job is still there! Even though the file is gone!
Also when I do the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat and click on my sim they don't have the option to ''Plan Outfit''.
HELP HELP HELP. Thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 11:31 AM
It overwrote my buisness career :confused:
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:21 PM
I fixed my problem!
I discoverd there were extra files in my downlads folder.
Before I had just deleted the files in my desktop folder.
Any way I sent all my files to the rescycle bin and deleted them !
I then downloaded the zip file from SuperFly. And gusse what?
I have a buisness job AND the Haker Job.
I feel good!
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:18 AM
forgive my ignorance....
do I put "career" files in downloads folder or else where specifically ??
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 8:38 AM
mouse, could you learn to spell please
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 6:35 PM
Do you mind if I tinker with this in hopes of making it a bit more TS2-like? Such as adding chance cards and balancing pay?
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 6:42 PM
In TS1, for this career, wasn't there a chance you would get like... $50,000 at some point?
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Plankhead
Do you mind if I tinker with this in hopes of making it a bit more TS2-like? Such as adding chance cards and balancing pay?

You're right, it's lacking TS2 greed! I loved this career on TS1, but could the salaries be doubled?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 10:35 PM
Thank you. I think you should make the pay higher though, so it is a bit more realistic. Great job though. I don't know the first thing about making a career, but I loved the hacker career in TS1, so thanks. :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xen_Antares
I havent had funny stuff happening but it overtook the business career, which I dont like. Im deleting as well until this problem is resolved. However I liked everything else about it, just dont want that career to be overwritten.

I have to agree with that since there are sims who have a lifetime goal to reach the top of the Business career. It also takes away the chance cards of the Business Career. Good attempt but the bugs need to be resolved.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 12:58 AM
Cool, i'll remember to try it out as soon as I restart Sims 2.

Nice job, deserves another Thanks button point

Would you like here of the terrible night, when I bravely fought the, no? All right.
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 4:35 PM
You should have put some pictures...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 5:36 PM
Thank You
Page 1 of 2