Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolor for Grand Trianon - UPDATED 08/06/05

by dolldrms1 Posted 13th Jul 2005 at 9:46 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2005 at 3:38 AM by dolldrms1 : added new set plus pic

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 10:17 PM
Looks very nice, I've come across a lot of wood textures that I personal don't like, the grain of the wood is either to big or not enough detail will try thanks for sharing.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 11:43 PM
This recolor looks great, thank you for sharing it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toriamos
Looks very nice, I've come across a lot of wood textures that I personal don't like, the grain of the wood is either to big or not enough detail will try thanks for sharing.

I agree with you, toriamos, which is why I spent about 3 hours creating this wood. I would be interested in your feedback. I know that grain and detail are personal preferences but I worked very hard on this to get just the right balance of both, for my tastes anyway. I am curious as to whether or not this wood works for your tastes and, if not, what you would have liked to have seen done differently.

The above paragraph goes for anyone else who downloads as well. I'm always open to feedback and/or constructive criticism to improve my work.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 4:14 AM
I love recolours of new meshes. It makes me want to SING!

Good thing you can't hear me ; )

Thanks for the quality textures too.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolldrms1
I agree with you, toriamos, which is why I spent about 3 hours creating this wood. I would be interested in your feedback. I know that grain and detail are personal preferences but I worked very hard on this to get just the right balance of both, for my tastes anyway. I am curious as to whether or not this wood works for your tastes and, if not, what you would have liked to have seen done differently.

The above paragraph goes for anyone else who downloads as well. I'm always open to feedback and/or constructive criticism to improve my work.

Your wood texture is very good, it looks very good in the game. Detail is very sharp and the size of the grain is right. I Like it a lot, hope you do more and thanks for sharing your work. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:25 AM
I love this color. Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:45 AM Last edited by dolldrms1 : 14th Jul 2005 at 5:49 AM. Reason: additional comment
Quote: Originally posted by toriamos
Your wood texture is very good, it looks very good in the game. Detail is very sharp and the size of the grain is right. I Like it a lot, hope you do more and thanks for sharing your work. :D

Thank you for coming back and letting me know what you thought. I had wondered about it off and on since you had posted. I am glad that the wood met with your approval.

As for sharing my work, I LOVE to share anything that I feel enriches my game. Does that mean there could be a couple of things no one will ever see...could be

Thanks to those sharing feedback. It's always nice to have.

For luis: Sing in simlish, no one will ever know if you mess up,
Creators of the "Grand Trianon"
#9 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 9:34 PM
Dolldrms1, the flashing blue problem that some users have experienced is not related to the EP.

The recolour package *must* contain recolour for all the 4 subsets; that's because some objects use the so-called "slave subsets": when the new "frame" colour is applied to the object, the game looks a matching "glass", or a matching "metal" inside the same package; and if the slave subset isn't found into the package, a flashing blue texture is applied.

The slave subset tecnique is used, for instance, by the double beds (the glass is slave of the frame) and all the doors (the metal is slave of the frame).

Therefore, please remove the first package: it's a mangled recolour that can only cause troubles.

As for the second package, on the contrary, is very well done. Good work!

To prevent flashing blue objects you need to install the FLOOR MIRROR

-----------------------------------------------------------
The "Dream Team" members:
Atavera, JWoods, Numenor, Peter_halland, Raquelcesar
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The "Dream Team"
Dolldrms1, the flashing blue problem that some users have experienced is not related to the EP.

The recolour package *must* contain recolour for all the 4 subsets; that's because some objects use the so-called "slave subsets": when the new "frame" colour is applied to the object, the game looks a matching "glass", or a matching "metal" inside the same package; and if the slave subset isn't found into the package, a flashing blue texture is applied.

The slave subset tecnique is used, for instance, by the double beds (the glass is slave of the frame) and all the doors (the metal is slave of the frame).

Therefore, please remove the first package: it's a mangled recolour that can only cause troubles.

As for the second package, on the contrary, is very well done. Good work!

Thank you so much for clearing this up! The first package has been removed and my heart felt apologies to anyone that may have had a problem with it.
Creators of the "Grand Trianon"
#11 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:24 PM
You've made a very good work. Congratulations, this recolour is officially rewarded with the Dream Team Seal of Approval!
Mesh Maestro
#12 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:18 AM
Dolldrms1: My recommendation is to download, by "right clicking/save picture as" the emblem above and including it in your first post to let downloaders know it(your re-color) meets the high standards of the "Dream Team"... Nice job...

Also thanks for including the comment about the "Floor Mirror"
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 6:07 PM
This looks so nice! I've decided to download the Grand Trianon after seeing how your set looks. Thank you for sharing! I've been snooping around at the various recoloured sets and its very impressive that the recolours file is so small! Its amazing that all of the objects' textures are linked together like they are! I have been working on cleaning out files in my game because of game load time but for all of the pieces you get and the small sizes of recolours its a must have set! hehe Bunk beds...now thats something we've wanted since Sims 1 and here it is! It was done with The Sims Online so I've never figured out why Maxis hasn't created it for the offline version!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 10:16 AM
Sissimoody, If you think you like Grand Trianon by just looks, just wait until you play with for awhile, Yes, it is wonderful to have bunk beds!
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 6:13 AM
it looks all very nice and thank you for sharing this.But where do i find the bunkbed? 'cause it doesn't show up in my game
janine
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by janine
it looks all very nice and thank you for sharing this.But where do i find the bunkbed? 'cause it doesn't show up in my game
janine

I've just returned from a business trip and saw this message. I hope by now that you have located the bunk beds but if not, click on the link in my first post to get you to the Grand Trianon set. The bunk beds are in the Loft bedroom but please note that for them to show you still must download the floor mirror from the mirror bedroom set.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 5:45 AM
oh wow, this is a magnificent set! i really love the dark wood in bedrooms, its just such a lovely colour! a very, very, VERY good job.
shiny!
retired moderator
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:56 PM
It keeps telling me the black set isn't on the server.. strange