Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grand Trianon Recolors - FIVE varieties so far!!

by Whytewolfsangel Posted 15th Jul 2005 at 1:20 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2014 at 2:44 AM by HugeLunatic

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
#2 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:34 PM
room looks great thanx
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:38 PM
really cute....thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:40 PM
I have to confess I was a bit disappointed with this set; expected it to be more formal. And very disappointed that the lamps do not appear to be recolorable; the shape is perfect for a house I'm building
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:47 PM
Patzi, the lamps are recolorable using the floor mirror ... and i'm not the mesh creator .. this is only a recolor of the set. If you've got comments about the original set, you might wanna post that in the original thread here

Thanks to the other two nice comments!!

traci
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:52 PM
Really cute! This is a great set for my kid simmies room. Thank you for sharing.

Would it be possible to do this with the Madagascar movie theme?
Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:59 PM
evetsangel - i'll see what i can do ... i'm on vacation for a week lol ... i'll use part of my "time off" to see what i can find that's Madagascar themed!!

thanks for the nice comment!

traci
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 2:40 PM
wow!
Great job I Love the Lion King :P
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whytewolfsangel
evetsangel - i'll see what i can do ... i'm on vacation for a week lol ... i'll use part of my "time off" to see what i can find that's Madagascar themed!!

thanks for the nice comment!

traci

Have fun on your vacation!
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:09 PM
What a wonderful set!!!! Can not imagine all the time and work that went into this recolor. THANK YOU!!!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:33 PM
I'm confused, I thought the usual rectangular rugs were echo/windkeeper or something like that. I see a round rug at Peggy's. Or maybe I need to clean my glasses
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:43 PM
tiggerypum ... thank you SO much for pointing out my error!!! i corrected the link in the main post ... it's on page 19 of Peggy's, not 22 .... i'm sooooo sorry!!!!

traci ~hanging head~
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:41 PM
Cute Set, btw, it's nice to see a kid oriented playful recolor. The beauty of recolors is that we can get many different effects from the same bases.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:42 PM
Looks really great, thank you so much, I love the dark wood, do you plan on recolouring any more of the Grand Trianon stuffies Traci? sure hope you do.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#15 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:45 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 15th Jul 2005 at 4:47 PM. Reason: can't type
The way Grand Trianon works, the recolor she did recolors almost everything in the set. It's a set created in a way that one shot recolors *all* the wood, mirrors, fabric and knobs (I think)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:35 PM
yup ... that recolor can be used for the whole Grand Trianon Set ... but i DO plan on doing more Grand Trianon!! i LOVE that set!!

thanks for all the wonderful compliments!!!

traci
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:56 PM
Great! Kids sets are so much fun!
Creators of the "Grand Trianon"
#18 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 10:41 PM Last edited by The "Dream Team" : 16th Jul 2005 at 12:15 PM.
This recolour pack is not only technically well done, but it's delightful!
And it contains the very first recolour ever made for the GlassCandle and the Vertical Painting, too!
Your application has been accepted: we are glad to reward you with the Dream Team Seal of Approval!

If you like, you can save this image on your hard disk and add it to the front page: you deserved it!

And here's an additional hint about the Paintings (maybe you already know this, but I'm telling you anyway). You may have noticed that a glass is automatically put in front of the picture. If you don't like it the way it is, or if you don't like it at all, you can open the recolour package and edit the Material Definition for the "glasspanel": edit the very last parameter (stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha) and change the default 0.25 value at will; the accepted range for this parameter goes from 1 (completely opaque, the picture won't be visible) to 0 (completely transparent, the glass will be invisible, as if it wasn't there).

To prevent flashing blue objects you need to install the FLOOR MIRROR

-----------------------------------------------------------
The "Dream Team" members:
Atavera, JWoods, Numenor, Peter_halland, Raquelcesar
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The "Dream Team"
This recolour pack is not only technically well done, but it's delightful!
And it contains the very first recolour ever made for the GlassCandle and the Vertical Painting, too!
Your application has been accepted: we are glad to reward you with the Dream Team Seal of Approval!

If you like, you can save this image on your hard disk and add it to the front page: you deserved it!

:bow: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! i RAN to my HTML editor and put it roght up on my front page!!! It's an honor to be honored by the best meshers in the Sims community!!!!!!!

Did i say thank you loudly enough??

i'll go back to hiding now lol :D
traci

Whytewolfsangel ~aka just plain ol' traci~
Webmaster and Creator at SED Sims
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 3:44 AM
Wonderful work!! Would it be possible to make finding nemo set?
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 4:25 AM
Looks great...can't wait to try it out.....Blondietraci
Instructor
#22 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 4:36 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!! I wish there was one with a veggie tale theme. Not that that is a hint or anything. hehe
#23 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 5:58 AM
Awesome! Good job Thanks!
#24 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 6:21 AM
Good Job.... and I love the Lion King!
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 4:02 PM
awesome!~ Thanks
Page 1 of 3