Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis-made noserings and necklace . . .

by Siren Posted 18th Jul 2005 at 9:39 AM - Updated 13th May 2010 at 6:01 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 9:42 AM
I love them! Damn you maxis for not including these, and thankyou for retrieving them!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 10:30 AM
What a great find!
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 1:03 PM
What is Maxis thinking??!! They should include these sort of things!! Why hide it! >
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 1:09 PM
Wow, great find! Thank you for mining this stuff. Oh, those sneaky Maxoids.

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 1:36 PM
GREAT FIND!!!

I wonder why Maxis would hide so much stuff? Maybe to unlock it in further expansion packs and make us think they just made it? Well, I for one am glad that there are smart ones out there like you to find the behind the scenes things that Maxis is hiding from us. GREAT JOB!! :clap:

Thanx Bunches,
TickleYu (Teresa)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 1:42 PM
thanx so much,I love the jewels I have download so far for my sims.im not sure but I think maxis is going to put accessories in the night life expansion pack,if U look on the pic of the cover, the woman sim has ear rings.im so glad U found these,I belive a lot of files r already lost in the game,maxis I belive put a lot in the base game to be brought out in to futrue expansion packs,but anyway than so much.cant never have to many jewles.Happy Siming.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 1:48 PM
Wow~ It's really amazing~~ It's really a great find~~ Thanks~!

My Free Sims2 Site:
www.sims2bnp.com
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:11 PM
Thanks for finding, these are great!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:24 PM
Wow! If you are able to, can you put it in zip?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM
Thanks i love it do they have hidden hair...:D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:17 PM
Thanks for the great find!
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:25 PM
Thanks a lot for your work and for the results of it! THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 5:54 PM
very nice, thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 6:31 PM
Thank you for finding these--great work!
Scholar
#16 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 8:25 PM
wow, these are great!
Maxis needs help if they thought these wouldn't be worth amending and adding to the game...
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 12:21 AM
I think they left it behind because of some mistakes.
If you look closley to the nosering its floting under the nose (not much)
The neckles is a bit strange its like some1 made it from iron wire and its too high it should be lower around the neck.

But the items arent deleted.... Why did they left it?
The only thing is its not visible in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 5:42 AM
Wow! If you are able to, can you put it in zip?

Your wish is my command, Zippy.

Thanks i love it do they have hidden hair...

None that cannot be unlocked in CAS with boolProp.

The only thing is its not visible in the game.

What do you mean by that? These accessories appeared in BodyShop, CAS, and the mirror for me while I tested them; in what way do they fail to appear in your game?

Thank you to all who have replied (except, of course, Madcat2000) for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoy these new accessories, and I hope I can unlock more for you soon.*

*On that note, I would like to ask again if anyone can help me fix the positioning of the other accessories? Any ideas, guys?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:16 AM Last edited by nikita489 : 19th Jul 2005 at 8:26 AM.
You should check out the jewelry box on this site (not sure if it's still here as it's been a while). It basically does the same thing (makes the hidden jewelry accessible for Sims). I haven't used it in a while but you might be able to find the textures there. Also, you could try looking for the Material Definition files (should be in the Res/Sims3D folder) to find out what texture it's using.

Oh, the jewelry box was made by psychotik (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong, you can run a search on "jewelry box").

And just a note on the reason Maxis left it out. They put a lot of things in the game that haven't been "unlocked" yet because they I'm sure they didn't really anticipate so many fans would go around poking in the files. Ownable cars that won't be "unlocked" until NL have been in the game since Day 1. As have jewelry. The ability for toddlers to get out of their cribs, etc. I think what most likely is the case is that they will release it in a later expansion but just put it in the game now for some issue of convenience or other.
Instructor
#20 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:26 AM
if you open SimPE and go to object workshop..im not sure which one it is..but if you go to other..then find the wedding ring..the mask is one of the not-pictured ones above the ring..this is the way it is when i open it..but im not sure its the same for everyone..i would think so..but anyway..that have all the textures for the mask in it.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 5:43 PM
I love you!!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 10:38 PM
WOW. You rock! Stubid Maxis, Why did you have to hide these! If it wasn't for Siren they might have been hiden forever!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 7:09 AM
thx sooooo much! I really like your find!!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikita489
You should check out the jewelry box on this site (not sure if it's still here as it's been a while). It basically does the same thing (makes the hidden jewelry accessible for Sims). I haven't used it in a while but you might be able to find the textures there. Also, you could try looking for the Material Definition files (should be in the Res/Sims3D folder) to find out what texture it's using.

Oh, the jewelry box was made by psychotik (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong, you can run a search on "jewelry box").

And just a note on the reason Maxis left it out. They put a lot of things in the game that haven't been "unlocked" yet because they I'm sure they didn't really anticipate so many fans would go around poking in the files. Ownable cars that won't be "unlocked" until NL have been in the game since Day 1. As have jewelry. The ability for toddlers to get out of their cribs, etc. I think what most likely is the case is that they will release it in a later expansion but just put it in the game now for some issue of convenience or other.

You're right. It's like a couple of hidden lights which could be part of a Superstar kind of EP.
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 10:15 PM
Okay, I have to ask: Why didn't you fix it so it can be put on with glasses? All you have to do is change the bin property in Mesh Overlay XMLs to something other than 0xF. I set it to 0x51 since 0x50 is Isselda's earrings and 0x53 is Isselda's watch. Now my sim wears earrings, glasses, and this necklace.

Siren, thank you so very, very much for finding the necklace. I truly enjoy it (once I editted it to work with glasses).

"Why did maxis leave it out?":
Read the first post again:
"Disclaimer number two answers the question of why Maxis didn't include these accessories in the game in the first place: When sims wearing the nosering adopt exaggerated facial expressions ... the nosering will occasionally pop out of their nose."

If that is insufficient, I can expand upon why developers leave "unused" data files in our games, and it has nothing to do with "future expansion packs".
Page 1 of 3