Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Sims 1 Antique Stove - Requested Mesh

by hed Posted 21st Jul 2005 at 12:43 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2008 at 8:40 PM by -Maylin-

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 12:45 PM
cool I´m first!
I like this. I´m from Kasachstan, and we had that one in the kitchen too. really crazy!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 1:09 PM
thank you!!very nice!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 1:09 PM
This is really nifty. My great grandmother had one of these. Thank for sharing.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 1:20 PM
Ah memories :D
I love seeing the best of the Sims 1 in the Sims 2, so thank you.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 2:07 PM
Wonderful!!! This will fit so much better in some of the houses I have.
Don't worry too much about the oven door, as I have seen other custom meshes of stoves with the wierd animation too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal:
Bluegenie2 Designs

Sims:
LIU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 2:17 PM
thankyou soooo much!! My mother in law still uses one like this!They have so much character
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 2:53 PM
Hey it looks like one of the old objects I had in the original SIMS!
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 3:09 PM
I like the antique stove Will go good in a rustic like cabin or elders home. Thank You for sharing.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 3:19 PM
thank you, it's gorgeous and will go into my new farmhouse.
xo
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 3:58 PM
That's fantastic!! thanks :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM
Finally! My Victorian sims can eat! Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:16 PM
Oh i love this thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:39 PM
I requested this a long time ago too. Thank you for making this!! Any chance of you making the refrigerator to go with it? :gidea:
Instructor
#15 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 6:05 PM
:lovestruc I think I love you! :lovestruc

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#16 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 6:00 PM
i never really played Sims 1, but i like that people are trying to bring those objects over. i also like that this one is a "period-type" piece. we need more themed pieces.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 6:38 PM
I love your Antique Stove.... Thanx.... :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Macey246 : 21st Jul 2005 at 6:52 PM. Reason: forgot to mention how many I have :p
hed, you are my hero :D

I have about 7 more Sims 1 things I want for sims 2, I have pics of every angle and each one has a .txt with the origanal price name and catalog description.

Would you be willing to try?

If you are Send me a pm and we can arrange something
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 6:58 PM Last edited by Macey246 : 21st Jul 2005 at 7:03 PM. Reason: forgot to add the price
Here is the origanal name and description

Quote:
Title: Olde Thyme Restored Oven

Description: The kitchen stove was the canvas on which the Victorian iron artists cast their masterpieces. Olde Thyme restores them to their former beauty. Rivaling modern stoves for efficiency and ease of use, these ovens surpass all others in terms of beauty and sophistication. Nickel trim. Lard drawer.

Price: 1600

:D

How do I add this to your stove?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 7:07 PM
Oh Wonderful! I was missing this stove deeply. Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:02 PM
This is gorgeous I love it! I have been hoping someone would make a stove like this for a while...and I think I also had one very much like this for my sims1 game, I loved that one too!
#22 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:46 PM
I would love the old childrens outside play set that was in the old sims games. It would make a park setting look so much better then those ugly metal swing sets don't you all think? Deeme
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 9:21 PM
Thank you sooo much for making this!I've wanted one for a while now, but I myself am no mesher.I think you did a great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMom4Ever
I requested this a long time ago too. Thank you for making this!! Any chance of you making the refrigerator to go with it? :gidea:

I've cloned the fridge and I'm about to start on the mesh, looks a bit daunting. The doors are going to be the most difficult. Ahh the challenge of it all.

If you know of any good pics of the original fridge, could you post the links for me.

Cheers,

Hooroo,
hed
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 1:39 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jul 2005 at 6:57 PM. Reason: Pull pics from TMOG
Here is a shot, see "Rosie's Place"
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery...964&uid=1469730

And another "Kitchen"
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery...786&uid=1469730

We also had alternate fridges (if you manage to get the fridge and door working) that looked like pantries of sorts, like the one in the "Kitchen" here
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery...355&uid=1469730

That tall brown cabinet was a fridge, and the fire thing next to it, a stove. As the stoves in sims 2 have the oven thing happening, I think the 'medieval stove' that was posted here at mts2 is probably a better alternative.

Exnem created a working fridge with a door:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42959

Perhaps he/she could give you a few pointers, might also apply to the stove

EDIT: DUH, here's the TMOG pic, that's as close as you can get. Both side views are identical, as is common in the game. And here's the old description:

Olde Thyme Victual Preservatorium
Before electricity, keeping food cold was an art form in itself. On the outside, the Preservatorium proudly displays the rich, decorative iron and zinc work characteristic of the period. On the inside, a controlled reaction of barium hydroxide octahydrate and ammonium thiocyanate yields a controlled endothermic reaction that chills the food, while leaving only faint whiffs of ammonia and water condensation.
Screenshots
Page 1 of 3