Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Run To School Bus hack

by monique Posted 24th Jul 2005 at 10:38 AM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 10:57 AM
cool thx for this, my kid almost got to the military school.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 11:15 AM
You can't actually miss the bus normally because of movement rate anyway. The bus will automatically wait if a sim is en-route to the bus.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 11:14 AM
cool thankies! ; )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 1:04 PM
Yeah, JM but, its still a cool hack. Thanks Monique for making this.

Brandy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 1:29 PM Last edited by monique : 24th Jul 2005 at 3:45 PM.
It sounds like not worth downloading this hack if you're after missing of school bus, since your sim have no chance of missing of bus even if you are occupying the biggest lot with lots of terrain from end to end or corner to corner your sim will still be wait by school bus if s/he is en-route to that bus and that's according to our great hacker here, JM Pescado, I didnt know this thanks for the info. But for those who are after seeing their sim running to school bus or adding a little changes to gameplay like me (and that's the main reason why I dug up this code, since I never experienced missing of school bus as JM Pescado already explained why), it's worth to try.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:39 PM
It would add a touch of realism that I like. Can't tell you how many times I had to run for the bus! Thanks, Monique.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 5:43 PM
I like it, kids running to bus get off the lot sooner, and keeps the game moving. I already spend too much time playing the game, now with this maybe I can pick up the pace! I like it!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 9:37 AM
This works great! Thanks a ton for this!!
#10 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 5:54 PM
where do I put this file to get it to work. is it downloads like some or somewhere else like others.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:30 AM
yes, place it in your downloads folder.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:37 AM
i can't download it, i don't understand. mozill
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:39 AM
i can't download it, i don't understand. mozilla tells me it doesn't find it... actually, i really need it, cuz' my teen doesn't go to school even when i tell her to go to the bus. am i the only one who can't download it ?
sorry for my english, i'm french :-)
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:40 AM
uh oh don't listen to me, now it works ! sorry
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:43 AM
Great idea! ^_^!! I always wished they did that =)
Instructor
#16 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 7:37 PM
I think perhaps someone could try to change the code for the bus so that it doesn't wait longer than a little less than a Sim hour even if a Sim is already heading over to the bus. I mean really, what school bus waits a whole hour for the students to get on. The only way it should wait is if the student/s are right there in line to get on the bus...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 11:12 AM
Thanks, good idea and can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 11:42 PM
a good idea an real...all the kids run to the bus in real life
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 11:44 PM
That's one of the best ideas I've seen on this site for useful hacks! Thanks a lot! I will get a lot of use out of this!
#20 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:33 PM
Thanks you. I will enjoy this
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 10:36 AM
Again GREAT MOD THANKS!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:42 PM
okay, so I used to download stuff all the time, but now, after about a year, I've forgotten, where do I put that file that I download from here?

Also, since there's no help FORUM here, that I can find, my kids can't go to school.... everytime I click the school bus, and then click go to school, the action at the top left just disapears.....

PLEASE HELP!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 8:59 PM
Can u make this for work too?
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 3:10 PM
Good job!
But... can someone make my lifewant? I always hated that ugly bus , I hate that ugly bus driver! So... I can't make it, because I don't know how, but I think you maybe can do it... is a mod for NO MORE SCHOOL BUS, with this mod you can go to school on foot (if you have BV) or by car (if you have NL). Please, please, please! I really hate that stupid bus! When it appears, I always delete it, but I'm tired of that... and sometimes my sims haven't car so I have to use the bus AND I HATE IT.
If you can make it VERY THANKS ^^
Good luck!
P.D: Excuse my bad english, I'm argentinian, but I hope you understand what I mean ^^

I'm a BEAST! A beast in a shiny purple tracksuit!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:21 AM
Late for school toast XD