Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adult Male Nightshirt Mesh Fixed

by bettye Posted 24th Jul 2005 at 11:57 PM - Updated 3rd Dec 2008 at 2:32 AM by Canoodle

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 12:13 AM
Niiiice. I like it. I do hope you can fix the mapping so that it can handle patterns. That would be great.

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 12:17 AM Last edited by PrincessD : 25th Jul 2005 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Slowness
I love it! Thank you so much. I have been waiting for something like this.

This goes well with some of my period neighborhoods. I know, I keep saying that everwhere! But I love the period pieces, especially the Victorian and Medieval items.

I'm the first to download? Wow. Well, I will test. Thank you, Bettye. =)

EDIT: Oops, look like I took too long to write my post. One of the first, then.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 3:56 AM
nice idea
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 6:26 AM
That's so hot! :clap:
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 9:52 AM
I want! It'd look great for my Severus sim... although his nightshirt was grey methinks...
Anyway, hope you fix it! It looks great! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 10:13 AM
Ah, poor Testor. He looks so sad. You should make him available for download, and we he can have many lives to make up for this bad one.

I may have to use the name Testor von Nightshirt, actually. It sounds like something I would name one of my poor sims.

Anyway, thanks for the nightshirt. I do love it. In my sim world, nothing ever goes out of style. Sims wear clothes from all different eras.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 4:52 PM
Oh, it's so sweet of you to suggest that Testor be adopted all over the place...I'm not sure if it would be right to put him up for download....he is one of the ready-made Sims who comes with the game. I just used him in a hurry because the long hair and beard seemed to go with the nightshirt....but I have certainly become attached to him. But do use the name...so his name will be carried on at least.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:21 AM
Thank you SO much for these, their perfect for my Victorian AND Pirate hoods.
I may have to share my recolors.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 3:58 AM Last edited by sardis2121 : 30th Jul 2005 at 4:04 AM.
Thank you Sooooooo Much! I'm going to find Tester in the game and give him the name in honor of yours. Tester reminds me of a poor lab monkey.
He'll go to a good home.
Should I torture him a little bit first though? :flamer:
Make it accurate?
Fluffy
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 4:11 PM
I find this mesh disturbingly sexy
there's something about a man in a night shirt ...
must be an overdose of Pride and Prejudice again

so, um, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sardis2121
Thank you Sooooooo Much! I'm going to find Tester in the game and give him the name in honor of yours. Tester reminds me of a poor lab monkey.
He'll go to a good home.
Should I torture him a little bit first though? :flamer:
Make it accurate?

It did occur to me that he would not be the same without a major trauma of some sort....but torture him gently, please.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:26 PM
I love it! good job
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 6:39 AM
oh man i laughed so hard when I read your post! ahh that was great!! I usually just skim the posts lol but "poor testor von nightshirt" drew me in. That was just too funny. You should marry him off and let him grow old with a family when your bored hehehe Oh and thanks for the nightshirt its excellent! this will be perfect for my harry potter and wheel of time sims.
Instructor
#15 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:02 PM
Wow great!
I was hoping for this one!
Is it available also for senior please?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 2:09 AM
Default Cool!
Thank you very much. This will be great for my Victorian sims. My brother (in RL) prefers nightshirts to pajamas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tipoual
Wow great!
I was hoping for this one!
Is it available also for senior please?

I had not thought of it, but yes, I could probably make a nightshirt for seniors. I'll give it a try.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Instructor
#18 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bettye

Poor Testor von Nightshirt. His only reason for existence was to test this nightshirt mesh. He had a bed, it came with the job, as well as a chair, but the testing went on and on and so he had to have a toilet, shower, fridge, microwave, table and chair. But the microwave caught fire and even though the fire department arrived with admirable speed, poor Testor was so traumatized that he was visited by the psychiatrist. He is supposedly cured, but he still tends to weep uncontrolably for no apparent reason. I suppose now to make up for his sufferings I will have to give him a real life of some sort. I hate it when I get attached to "expendable" Sims.

LOL! Poor baby. *Patpats Testor* I don't know how people manage to kill off their Sims...I have yet to bring myself to intentionally kill any of them in-game. In fact I have two different versions of a couple of my Sims; I wanted to re-do them with different genetics, and the one looked so pathetic when I used a hack to try to kill him that I relented, age-regressed them both to teenagers, and packed them off to University! Then moved the new versions into their houses. *Grins*

Lovely nightshirt, btw! *Downloads*
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 8:43 PM
Thank you so much! Its awsome. I hope you get it fixed so ppl can do re-colours, but till then I'll use it as-is. I've been wanting a nightshirt for my sims for some time or an oversized shirt, so this is perfect. It will also work great for my medieval sims ^_^

Ratt
Instructor
#20 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 8:01 AM
I love this nightshirt. I don't want to complain but it does something really odd in BodyShop. I haven't yet checked it out in the actual game though.
In BodyShop there is a slice in the neck where the neck mesh seperates from the rest of the body. Does anyone know if it does this in game?
Here is a picture:
Instructor
#21 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bettye
I had not thought of it, but yes, I could probably make a nightshirt for seniors. I'll give it a try.

Thanks!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
I love this nightshirt. I don't want to complain but it does something really odd in BodyShop. I haven't yet checked it out in the actual game though.
In BodyShop there is a slice in the neck where the neck mesh seperates from the rest of the body. Does anyone know if it does this in game?
Here is a picture:

Yes, I know...this is a problem which has been discussed frequently in the meshing forums and has to do with how the mesh is converted to and from Milkshape, which does not recognise things like bone weights. I have asked for advice on this and have gotten some very helpful suggestions...however, the solution is at present beyond my level of expertise....and it does not really show up in the game where I have tested it extensively.

Instructor
#23 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 7:07 AM
Ah. I didn't know it had been discussed. Sorry about that. I wish I knew enough about meshing to help out. Heck, I wish I knew anything about meshing.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 2:23 AM
Great work, but one issue I keep having is that the white nightshirt for the adult male doesn't show up in game . . . I can't buy it. I have the red one, but the white one isn't there . . . :^|
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 2:14 AM
Default White nightshirt now available
Quote: Originally posted by Avialle
Great work, but one issue I keep having is that the white nightshirt for the adult male doesn't show up in game . . . I can't buy it. I have the red one, but the white one isn't there . . . :^|

The correct white nightshirt is now there as a separate zip...enjoy

Page 1 of 2