Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted for a no-jealousy-at-all behaviour package.

by LizzLove Posted 30th Oct 2004 at 2:54 AM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 9:09 PM by mike19

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 255 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#26 Old 2nd Nov 2004 at 10:57 AM
Well, I think that it'd be great if it was done so that any sim with multiple loves automatically didn't exhibit the jealousy thing, and also, that no Sim would ever fire a jealousy trigger for that Sim's rightful spouse, period: It makes absolutely no sense that the person who the sim is having an affair with becomes all jealous and claims this is "cheating" if said sim then kisses his actual wife. This would definitely be much more complicated to make, though. But totally awesome.
[ Edited Tue Nov 02 2004, 02:58AM ]

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 2nd Nov 2004 at 6:14 PM
Having multiple romance sims together on a lot is also dangerous, they start flirting automatically and then someone get mad at each other, I have had this multiple times now, it will be a larger and larger problem then the sims starting to know each other better and better. I could live with the woohoo problems, they are solvable but automatic flirt is hard to avoid except turning away guests and micromanage your sims in social events.
Problem is not jealousy actually but lack of courtesy, don’t flirt with another sim or accept flirt if a partner is present, this is important because the neighborhoods are small compared to a small town.
But I believe this would be impossible to solve with a hack so no jealousy is better, to remove jealousy only from romance sims would be better.

Three events; my male sim auto flirted with a girlfriend after a meal wile the lady in the household was present.
The male sim was greeting visitors and they start flirting, both were girlfriends of him and he got mad at them, invited one sim and she had a friend with her.
Last, inviting a girlfriend to the shopping center for public woohoo, exiting the taxi and saw another girlfriend flirting with another man, waiting to the first girlfriend entered the shop started flirting with the one present to restore the friendship, the only fun thing was watching the other male get mad :o)
#28 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 3:21 AM
What happened to the jealousy mod download. I searched and found it here but the link is dead.

Thanks for any help
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 4:14 AM
Works great for me . . . did a lot of experiments all with expected results .. one family i ran for two days. A guy with two girl friends living together. They now have four kids and both girls are PG again. I dont now how much longer i can test this family because there getting hard for me to manage. LOL
Field Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 4:14 PM
Tested this and love it :o)
Have to build a harem now :o)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 7:03 PM
Can I ask a technical question? In the 'Trigger - Jealousy - Sim' resource, why is the 1st instruction returning FFFD (true) instead of FFFE (false)? Is it meant to just skip the rest of the instructions and then catch the jealousy elsewhere? Thanks.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 8:22 PM
No problems at all here, even had one sim woohoo the maid in the middle of the living room in the love tub while surrounded by 6 other 98/98 to 100/100 relationship sims.
Instructor
#33 Old 4th Nov 2004 at 2:58 AM
Hi, I just tested out your no jealousy patch and it's great! I had my remarried sim guy kiss his wife in front of his original two children and they didn't get jealous and kept their relationship w/dad! Yay! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Nov 2004 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jtravers88
Can I ask a technical question? In the 'Trigger - Jealousy - Sim' resource, why is the 1st instruction returning FFFD (true) instead of FFFE (false)? Is it meant to just skip the rest of the instructions and then catch the jealousy elsewhere? Thanks.

Good catch! This may be why sometimes we get a little relationship loss. I may have done the same thing I did in the twins hack, make a change, hit commit file then change. Ack! x)

I fixed that one and one other that was the same. I will start testing them tonite. I am testing my Polygamy hack now, so I will be able to give it a real workover.

Once I can did into the behaviour files a bit more I will try to do something a bit more refined, but as you saw, mostly I just abort the code at the first line. This worked very well with the sims1 and ended up being the only real safe way to have no jealousy at all.

Once I am sure what all the calls are doing I will release a revised version more like my Sims1 hack. That is instead of just doing nothing the observing love interest will not only NOT get jealous, but actually like the person their lover is kissing (or whatever) even more and go up and give them a hug or kiss too.

(it was too funny btw if you had more than one lover 'catch' you, you could end up with a love chain real quick)

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Nov 2004 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
That is instead of just doing nothing the observing love interest will not only NOT get jealous, but actually like the person their lover is kissing (or whatever) even more and go up and give them a hug or kiss too.

I had that happen once spontaneously (well, mostly cheering). A little surprising, but it worked out well :-)
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 7:23 PM
When it thest this package by itself it worked great, now i can have two married romance sims and maintain thier needs. THANK YOU!!! !amazed When I test this package with the teens can woohoo package again it worked great. But when I tested with the noshoo bed package and the teens can woohoo too package, they jumped out of bed the second I clicked on woohoo or try for baby. As soon as i took out the no shoo package and reloaded the game everything worked fine. I Tought that you should know about this conflict, as many of us are really here to download the packages and items you guys and gals hack for us. Keep up the great work.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 10:49 PM
Your hack works great Thankyou for making the game a little more fun
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 7:55 AM
so...a married sim doesn't have a reaction when/if they catch their spouse cheating? they're just "fine with it?"

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 7:57 AM
*this was a double post b/c the forums weren't loading for a second* it can be deleted.
[ Edited Wed Nov 10 2004, 12:00AM ]

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 8:34 AM
I love this hack! If only someone had come out with it for Sims1. At least now I can make a proper Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice house thanks to this. I have one family where it's one guy living with five women and everybody is in love with everybody else. I've even had them Make Out in front of others and nobody gets mad. Unfortunately, they still get a little freaked when one sim gooses another. I wish I could do something to stop that.

I used the latest version of SimPE (0.10c) to make everyone engaged to everyone else. If there was a Bigamy hack, that would make things easier for me. Lizz, this is a great hack you made. Could you tell me where I can get a tutorial for making my own hacks though?

Hava nagila, have two nagila, have three nagila, they're pretty small.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 2:13 PM
I've loaded your package, and it works great for me.

Somebody, give me some advice. Should I even post if a beta works?

I've got the chatbug fix, bednoshoo, teenwhoohoo, simcutie's power espresso, and I often run the sims2plus3trainer (I don'[t think I got that here but it was made by -=SWAT-Squad=-). And everything seems to work.

Do y'all want to know when it works? 'Cuz it's all workin' great! You are mad geniuses!

Cheers,
Slim
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 5:12 PM
There's a type of jealousy patch I'd love to see, but I have no clue if it would be do-able at all.

I want some sims to be in threesomes, so is there any way to have them not be jealous if romance interactions happen between the spouses, but to be jealous if it happens with someone they're not married to?

Another interesting way to set it up would it be possibly to find a way to set how jealous each seperate sim is (without regard to aspiration, although just a 'romance sims are not jealous, popularity sims are only a bit jealous, family sims are very jealous' setup would work nicely, too).
Test Subject
#43 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 8:27 PM
Where can I find the teen whoohoo? I haven't seen it anywhere
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 6:09 AM
The threesome idea is already possible with the current no jealousy package. I just had one of my super romance sims move in a guy and his wife, then had him knock her up while the wife watched , then the wife and my sim got down to woohoo while the husband watched. !dodge !heart !amazed
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 6:15 AM
I don't know if i should do this, I heard it was deleted. But here is the Teens can Woohoo too package.

[file=e107_files/public/24014_12731_teens_can_play_too.zip]24014_12731_teens_can_play_too.zip[/file]
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 7:28 AM
After generating about twenty babies [my sims have been busy :-)]
I noticed that after I add this hack I noticed that "Try for baby" got a baby about one in five times, where as before it was like 80% of the time. Weird, maybe there are some other factors in the "Try for baby" success rate that I'm not aware of.

Oh well, I >LIKE< that now family Sims have to really really work for that baby. With this hack Family and Romance Sims can finally get along!

Oh, also for my sims using the Love Tub when they did Woohoo it always ran the cinematic, even if it wasn't the first time with that sim. I don't remember the Love Tub being like this (or maybe what I remember was of a Love Tub w/o candles...). A cool bug^H^H^Hfeature.
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 3:27 AM
Thank you! It works great!
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 4:00 AM
!amazed THANK YOU, IT's GREAT!!! My Wealth Sim goes to work while the My super romance sims take care of their wants with the ENTIRE Neighborhood, then when he gets back they are primed for one hell of a night and with some of the romance sims girlfriends (They have a preference too women of 1026)still laying around in piled heaps he gets to try new territory too. What A LIFE!!!!!!!! !amazed
#49 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 8:32 AM
The Patch works great! But I would like to get the jealousy back. I removed the patch from the download folder, and there is still no jealousy. How do I get the Jealousy back?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 2:52 AM
Is there any link for the polygamy hack?
Page 2 of 11