Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Welcome To Retroville! A FULL Neighborhood Themed Set*Now with B&W cars!*

by The Mod Squad Posted 25th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM - Updated 29th May 2008 at 8:09 AM by MTS2Staff : Fixed inline image

478 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 20
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 12:48 AM
I Love It!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE IT!! I am so glad you put all your time and effort into this, because it is just the jump-start my sims needed! Outstanding, excelent, amazing work on everything. I hope you create another themed sims community soon! Thanks again!
-legallyblondesim

Check out my Sims2.com page at http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php for awesome stories and other uploaded sims!
MY WEBSITE OF BEATLES FUN (still under construction): www.geocities.com/beatlemaniacraze
Test Subject
#202 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:50 AM
Yeah . . . the fifties, good times, good times.
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 2:57 AM
Default Located Conflict In Set With Game
I had posted earlier in regards to the conflict I had after installing all the objects from this set. After deleting them all. My problem was corrected, and I was able to load Bodyshop/Create A Sim.
JWoods, gave me information/tip to remove the two Hotel Signs, which I did and installed each set one at a time, and checked the game after each install. The game is working with all downloads in place, with the acception of the Bates Sign. Thanks JWoods for your help.

Everything looks great in game. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Mesh Maestro
#204 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 3:08 AM
ladydrb58: Seems you beat me to it...

Anyone having trouble with a blue "Create-aSim screen please remove the "Bates Motel" sign. There seems to be an odd error in the file I haven't found yet. I rebuilt the entire package and redid the re-color, they will be available for downloading shortly. I am sorry for inconvenience or trouble I may have caused anyone with this odd error.

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladydrb58
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem after installing the complete set. I downloaded the set today, which is the only download that I have installed today. Went into the game, checked out all the houses, went into create a sim to find the charters, and Create a Sim would not load, gave me a big blue screen. I went into Clean Install, sorted my files by date, took out all the files for todays date, which were all the B&W set, loaded my game, and now Bodyshop/Create a Sim is back. Could you please tell me what in the set may be causing this conflict. I really love all the great creations that you all have grouped together, and would really love to create a neighborhood with the old style objects.

Again, I truly appreciate the hard work you all has put into this unique set. Something, I could never have done.

I having the same problem...will try deleting and reinstall the files
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#206 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 6:58 AM
Hey everyone-Bates Motel sign is now fixed and an additional greyscale recolor added...sorry for any problems, please delete the old file and replace with the new one....thanks
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 7:24 AM
Sweet merciful CRAP! This is *great*!!!

THANK YOU!

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#208 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 10:09 AM
Wow... I go on a holiday, and when I arrive back I find this waiting for me! Thankyou to everyone in the Mod Squad, I love these! Great work!
Test Subject
#209 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:12 PM
:bow: Just 1 word--> WOW

tnx! just what my game needed!!

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry........
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:33 PM
This Is Fabulous!
Test Subject
#211 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 5:04 PM
I know my post is a little down the line but......

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 10:42 PM
is there a place where i can get WinRAR for free? i don't like to get stuff off the internet if you have to pay for it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#213 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:02 AM
You can download 7-zip for free: it manages both zip and rar, and many other formats.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods
ladydrb58: Seems you beat me to it...

Anyone having trouble with a blue "Create-aSim screen please remove the "Bates Motel" sign. There seems to be an odd error in the file I haven't found yet. I rebuilt the entire package and redid the re-color, they will be available for downloading shortly. I am sorry for inconvenience or trouble I may have caused anyone with this odd error.

I'm still having problems with the "blue "Create-aSim screen". I first removed the "Bates Motel" sign...that didn't correct the problem. I then remove all files assosciated with "Retroville"..still have the problem...HELP!!!!
Test Subject
#215 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 3:26 AM
Hi I am having a problem with the houses I downloaded. When I place them in my neighborhood I get these big blue flashing things on all of em. What can I do to fix this please?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#216 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 3:37 AM
The blue flashing things are the greyscale trees.... This is one of the things that CEP usually doesnt change. You either have to use colored trees instead or live with the blue in neighborhood view ...
Test Subject
#217 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 3:43 AM
ahhh okay tyvm, was freaking out there ahhh is my vid card going out AGAIN now i can breathe thanksss
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#218 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 9:19 AM Last edited by boblishman : 1st Aug 2005 at 2:25 PM.
ok Guys....the Minigrandfather clock is fixed (attached above). Uses the same filename so will overwrite the original file.

Sorry for the problem :confused: ...now this (new) clock will NOT disable actions for all clocks.

LyricLee: would you please replace the downloads in the original threads (plus the 'set' download)...thanks.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bobl_mini_grandfatherclock_ep2_col_en_fixed.zip (111.7 KB, 97 downloads)
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#219 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 9:36 AM
Updated...thanks bob
#220 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:23 PM
These objects look so cool! Thanks!
Test Subject
#221 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 5:48 PM
hey!!! were download the chimney???????
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:26 PM
i dont like to buy stuff off the internet. so is there a place on the internet for me to get WinRAR for free?
Test Subject
#223 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:37 PM Last edited by birene : 1st Aug 2005 at 7:48 PM.
Okay, it's official now. You guys are totally (sim) nuts in a very very good way. The things you come up with, really... Almost made me cry, well, my overstuffed Downloads folder definitely wept. Also after downloading and installing all the good stuff, I was almost actually - for an odd our or so - considering to recolor the aprox. 7356 left maxis items in Retroville style. Don't worry, I gave up after having done twenty.

If anybody is interested in some grayscale hobby (band) stuff, a gray kitchen playset (mesh by nikita489) or the cheap plastico chair use the links.

I already made a little neighbourhood in a neigbourhood with the lots and created some B&W sims in CAS. Thereby I found a problem with the grayscale dark skin recolor. I don't know if it's just me, but maybe the pictures I have attached can explain a bit.

When using the gray dark skin the transitition from head to body seems off with many clothes. First I thought I had found a pattern (it looked like only the specifically made meshes and maxis default worked properly with the skin but not any other custom clothes), but after investigating further the "fitting" or not "fitting" of the skin seems totally random. Maybe someone has an idea what might be the problem. :confused:
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
#224 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poohjc2002
i dont like to buy stuff off the internet. so is there a place on the internet for me to get WinRAR for free?

I've already answered you, a couple of posts ago: get the free and very flexible 7-zip.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#225 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 10:53 PM
Birene, thats very Very strange, Ive never had that problem with any of the skins formt his set in my game... maybe try removing them and redownloading, see if that helps at all
Page 9 of 20