Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Adult Rock Musician Career

by Nave Posted 27th Jul 2005 at 2:43 AM - Updated 28th Jul 2005 at 1:09 AM by anonymous : edited title

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 3:00 AM Last edited by chris_robey2000 : 27th Jul 2005 at 3:07 AM.
I would be willing too help you write the chance cards,if your still looking for help in that area!As far as converting it to the ep poojkins,is very talented with her careers,and would probably convert this for you.Just pm her.Btw I love this career,however I do have the ep,but would still like to help out if I can.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 7:10 AM
cool Carer, and just in time for RockStar INXS! Very kool! if u still need help writing chance cards I will help u
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Nave : 28th Jul 2005 at 2:33 AM.
well thx for the reply, that really helped the creation of the career. Laziness is not the reason the descriptions are blank, I am having trouble thinking of something good to put there. WHILE I am thinking of what to put I didnt think it would hurt to have people testing it to find bugs while I finish the writing part of it.

As for having it EP ready, I didnt know how to til about a hour ago and I am having a friend test them to make sure they are selectable in his EP game before I changed the file. Im just trying to get alil help with my First career, not have a mod whine about me uploading it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 5:46 AM
awsome iv been wanting my sims to be rockstars
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 6:11 AM
I really love this career but I have to wait for the chance card and EP compatibility. Btw, good job!
#7 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:33 PM
I've always wanted this one. Thumbs up.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 2:32 AM
i'll wait and hopefully you get around to writing the description and chance cards and making career clothes and a reward.

It's best to finish the career before putting it out.
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 6:07 PM
Hi! sorry about it but it doesn't work in my game... I can't have access to my sims.
It disapears when I remove it from the download folder... I already have the equestrian, magician, and novel writer carreers so maybe there is a conflict?
Hope it will help you
good luck
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 10:43 AM
I, will also wait for you to get this fantastic career EP-Ready and perhaps write the descriptions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:29 PM
ok folks, the 3 descriptions that were missing are done, just waiting on the person who is helping with the chance cards. I think I ahve it EP compatible now also but I dont have EP and my friend who does is on vacation. I dont want to upload the new update until I know if it works in EP or not.

The update should be soon, just waiting on my friend to return from the beach and waiting on the nice person who said they would help with the chance cards. After that I will try and convert to other languages.
#12 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:24 PM
i have an idear for da Job reward:how about a silver guitur that makes females fall in love whith U note: I SUCK!!! at spelling
#13 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 6:54 AM
Symphoni Rock Guitar

Fun +4
Creativity
#14 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 8:03 PM
I can't wait for the new one. I don't have EP but I'll wait for you to be done with it which would probably be best.

As for the reward object I think something like drumset, guitar, or bass or something along those lines would be great!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 8:36 PM
How about an acoustic guitarr as an reward?

Anyway, since I have the EP Ill have to wait=/
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 12:17 AM
this is pretty cool, but i think if you were really popular, you'd make more money and work less hours....like, if you were on tour or something, you'd only be working for about 2 hours. but then again, i'm not a rock star so i don't really know. really creative idea, though ^_^
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 1:51 AM Last edited by wizard4278 : 18th Aug 2005 at 3:37 AM. Reason: Had another idea
Just a suggestion, for a reward how about a "Grammy" type award, that like gamuel suggested, gave you the chance to instantly pick a love interest from anyone in the community.

Oh...Oh....Oh I just had another idea for a reward. Re-vamp the school bus into a tour bus. It could be used like the taxi to visit community lots.

I'll be quiet now :mute:
#18 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 8:09 PM
DeathAgent_NightStalker
Quote: Originally posted by Nave
Name of career: Rock Musician
Type: Adult Set
Version: 1.0
Reward: Currently Unknown

Base Career: Criminal
GUID: 0x000F1C01

Overwrites a base career? No
Pre-EP compliant: Yes
EP1 Compliant: No
EP1 Required: No

Languages: English Only

Level 1: Roadie/Groupie - $150, 8am – 3pm
Level 2: Equipment Manager - $225, 10am – 4pm
Level 3: Autograph Signer - $300, 9am – 2pm
Level 4: Rock Star Assistant - $500, 6am – 2pm
Level 5: backup Guitarist - $650, 12pm – 4pm
Level 6: Lead Guitar - $900, 1pm – 8pm
Level 7: Lead Singer - $1200, 1pm – 8pm
Level 8: Rock Star - $1500, 10am – 6pm
Level 9: Rock Legend - $2000, 11am – 8pm
Level 10: Rock God - $3000, 9am – 7pm

Ok this is the first career I have made, Some of the job descriptions are blank, all the chance cards are from the base career and there is currently no reward object. The icons work and you are able to select it from the newspaper, that is currently all I know. I am working to finish the descriptions and the chance cards.

As for a reward object I could use some suggestions. I am wanting it to be something custom made and not in the game without adding it. I was maybe think a leather bed that maybe does the same as the Love hottub, but dont know. if anyone has any suggestions for a reward object let me know.

Im not the most talented writer in the world so I am willing to accept any help with the descriptions and chance cards.

Last but not least Im not sure how to make this career EP1 compatible, if anyone can help me out there it would be greatly appreated.

Almost forgot to add, I wasnt able to set the work clothes right only because I dont know what each one of the options look like. For now I set them all to none, was wondering if there was maybe a site out there with pics of all the clothing u have as options to choose. Also I was wondering if you could use custom made clothing for work clothes?
for the career reward you could make a cool musical instrument like a saxaphone or anything else musical?
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 5:11 PM
Urmm.. i Wanna be a Rockstar! Yeah ^.^
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 8:53 PM Last edited by falloutboy9111 : 22nd Aug 2005 at 8:55 PM.
the reward object should be like a double-neck guitar heres a link to what it could look like [url]http://www.edromanguitars.com/featured/dbl_neck.htm (the third picture)

Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 9:52 PM
I can't wait to see the finished version of this career. It'd be great for one of my sims.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 1:36 AM Last edited by lol : 30th Aug 2005 at 1:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by chris_robey2000
I would be willing too help you write the chance cards,if your still looking for help in that area!As far as converting it to the ep poojkins,is very talented with her careers,and would probably convert this for you.Just pm her.Btw I love this career,however I do have the ep,but would still like to help out if I can.

I too wish to write chance cards.

Here's one...

A roadie has trashed your guitar (or microphone or whatever depending on what part your sim is) while trying to carry it onto the truck, and now they've bailed on you. Consider them fired, but how to you personally plan to take care of it?

A. Have them found and teach them a lesson
B. Shrug it off and buy another

Consequences:

Good consequence: You find the roadie, but it turns out that your roadie used to be your favorite groupie, so you let them go. However you still show some negative feelings towards them and they decide to take you out to dinner because they feel bad. Later they take you home and you sleep with her. Rock N' Roll.

Bad consequence: You fail to find the roadie, and later you find another one of your guitars missing. You know it was them, and later someone emails you a link to Eway that shows your guitar on auction for five thousand simoleans. The two guitars that are now gone were your favorites (and of course the most expensive), so you spend another three thousand on an exact replica of the auctioned guitar.

Reward would be a guitar (perhaps double ncked as mentioned earlier) with like a billion amps behind it, and you could customize what song to play. Or something. I don't have Uni yet, so I don't know too much about it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 2:38 PM
Loves it! :clap: just downloading it!

Thaannkkk yooouuuu!!
Keesha233
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 9:08 PM
That souds cool but could you also upload a.zip one plese?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#25 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crazyfoxman182
That souds cool but could you also upload a.zip one plese?

You can get rar unzipping software from www.rarlab.com- its free and easy to use.
Page 1 of 3