Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Wand!

by XxHalfBloodPrincexX Posted 29th Jul 2005 at 5:54 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2005 at 6:53 AM by XxHalfBloodPrincexX

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:21 AM
jjx16 that was very rude.

it looks nice - it would be great if they could hold it....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:24 AM
sorry I already said I'm jot a great mesher.

Helaene - I was going to make it from the remote control but i didnt know if they would be able to hold the remote unless they were clicking the TV
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:24 AM
Those who cant create anything..SHOULDNT SAY ANYTHING..... anyways I think this is lovely..even if its just decor... the litle things are what make homes look so nice. Very good job.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:26 AM
Thank you LyricLee. If I was better at this stuff I would have done something where you could hold it.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:27 AM
It takes alot of work to mesh. Its very difficult. Ive tried and I couldnt do it myself. I think you did great. And you'll just get better every time you do it. Anything Harry Potter is good in my book
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jjx16
that looks nothing like a wand

I personally think it does. Great job, by the way, especially for your first object. I've looked at all of those tutorials and my head just spins hehe. (I prefer using the ol' Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro to do my things; much simpler in my opinion )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:29 AM
Oh I just realized the picture looks bad in the 1st one because i shrunk it. But the site doesnt accept really pic sixed pictures and it doesnt help my moniter is 17 inches....
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:28 AM
Can you do a dark wood recolor? because Harry's wand is not golden, but I love it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ricberbor3
Can you do a dark wood recolor? because Harry's wand is not golden, but I love it.

"NOTE: One of the pictures has a wierd colored wand its liek white and tan..it's not that color. That was before i colored it brown." Try reading up a bit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:34 AM
Well i am alos not a good texturer...(spelling error) but I got it brown. It's nto a great shot but it's brown.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:46 AM Last edited by XxHalfBloodPrincexX : 29th Jul 2005 at 6:56 AM.
I am right now testing the Quidditch Hoops. The only thing is I can't get the hole in the hoops...so I'm kind of torn about posting it...should I or not here's a small preview.

EDIT: Shout I post it or not? No hole, or work at the hole?
Screenshots

That's Hot
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:10 AM
Ive seen one on here i believe with a hole. You should ask someone whos made something similar how they did it. But its a good start
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:14 AM
I did it once. But it turned out wrong because i didn't have the mesh file with it. and the inside of the hoop never shows up. But mabye someone else did it too. well either way I already posted my new one up.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:51 AM
I think that's a great wand. I know I could never do it! :P
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 11:52 AM
That's great! That's basically what shape they are in the movies anyway. I think it would look a lot better if you could find someone who could texture/colour it with different wood styles though... But great meshing! I tried once, and it was hopeless, lol
Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:04 PM
Kool Harry's stuff is back, personally I luv Hagrid, anyway. I luv the wand, now there a number of similar things around for casting spells and like I wander if U asked one of those artists if you could incorp their bits into your creation we may have a working wand. (sorry bit waffly Friday end of the week)
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:35 PM
even though i'm not a fan of harry potter stuff this looks really good, a definate download for any harry potter fan.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:50 PM
I love it! Thanks alot
Do you think you could make other Harry Potter Objects like school trunk
and an owl
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:55 PM
I tried making the quidditch balls last night (the box with them likie from Sorcrer's Stone...But it was messed up mainly the texturing and it was way too big.
Instructor
#21 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:40 PM
finally we got a wand!
thank you!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:08 PM
this is great! Im in the process of making a Hogsmeade neighborhood and I realized how sorely lacking we are in Harry Potter objects. Thanks so much for your hard work! I think this will be perfect in my hogwarts, and I love the goal posts they are going onto my quidditch pitch. Anyone whos curious about what they can do to make hogwarts check out how mines coming.
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...5199#post665199 scroll up
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:08 AM
wow thats aweosme! your awesome! i know i couldn't get one half as nice!! thanks from all HP Fans!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:18 AM
Yea now I have a wand! I do wish they could hold it though!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 7:54 AM
Well, I think it'll be better if the wand is longer. But I still love it~
Page 1 of 2