Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Sick Meter

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Jul 2005 at 9:13 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2005 at 6:39 AM by dizzy2

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:19 AM
how would they study health or become interested in it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:21 AM
They don't have to study it. Their interest depends on how well they are cared for.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:28 AM
thats awesome.. i have a massive epidemic in my neighbourhood at the moment... it'll be nice to know who actually is sick (i lose track!)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:25 PM
Nice! This will help even though my sims vertually never get sick,

This is not my site, i still don't have one (yet).
www.christiangoth.com
Inventor
#6 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 1:54 PM
Thank you so much!
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 3:12 PM
Thanks! this is a really needed part of the game!
:sick:
But doesn't it make more sense if they get more interested in health the sicker they get?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 4:13 PM
great it bugged me that when they became sick I could not see when they were getting better. thankyou
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 5:10 PM
Nice USEFUL hack. Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
Thanks! this is a really needed part of the game!
:sick:
But doesn't it make more sense if they get more interested in health the sicker they get?

My thinking on the matter is that the closer to death they are, the less they care about *thinking* about health. You always find lots of other things to care about if you are in that condition, and it promotes the topic among those who were recently suffering rather than those who are *still* suffering.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:51 PM
Why not just use the same meter that is used for learning, rather than using the interest bar?
As nice of an idea as it is, most people don't even look at their interests to begin with. So it would be another quiet sign, rather than one that is obvous and catches the eye.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:31 PM
That's kind of the point, Mihr. I don't want it to be obtrusive. Plus, if I put a big fx meter over their heads, what do you do when they want to study or fix something?
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:03 PM
I don't understand is it how intrested they are in health that affects how sick they are or is it how sick they are that affects how interested in health? Help please!!!
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fergofrog
I don't understand is it how intrested they are in health that affects how sick they are or is it how sick they are that affects how interested in health? Help please!!!

This hack, if I am correct, shows you how healthy a sim is. I believe it is in the intrests section because it is the most appropriate section. A full meter= sim healthy, empty meter= sim is pushing up daisies. :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 5:26 AM
Thanks. My sims are practically invulnerable to sickness because I take a very good care of them, however once SimMe's husband, who has all Cooking skill points and whom I envy because I can't do anything more sophisticated than a sandwich, got sick because of... food poisoning while eating his own Lobster! And no matter how much I made him go to bed he always got up to vomit and I forgot to lead him back and I was afraid he'd die! He survived, but you never know...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Simsmomma : 5th Nov 2005 at 12:59 AM.
great hack ...i am downloading it now.....

is there anyway to make some hacks that causes more death ..none of my sims ever die until they are old and end of time when in RL people die all the time, ...i would like to see more causes of death in the game.....like now for some reason my female sims can have misscarriages( not sure if that comes with NL or some hack that i have DL. but it makes it more Real like since not every baby makes it to full term. ...

eg father dies of an unexpected heart problem or mother dies trying to give birth to baby, or teenager dies for some other reason like cancer ....children die from child deseases. hope this post is allowed here.. but would like to see some more causes of death instead of always heathy and happy
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 1:08 AM
I'm so glad none of my sims have miscarried -=shudders=- I had it happen in real life about a year before I had my daughter, and it was terrible... I wouldn't want children dying due to cancer, either. I'm planning on becoming a social worker, but I wanted to be a peds nurse until I decided to be honest with myself. I just know I couldn't handle seeing the sick children. So sad. :sadpanda:

(I even cry when the Disney channel shows Raven talking to the Make-A-Wish kids... could be more emotional due to being preggy, but I know it'd bug me anyways.)

Anyways, the main reason I wanted to post here is that, while I agree that I think they should be more interested in health if they're sick (interests seem to determine what sims talk about, and don't sick people usually complain about being sick? I know when my b/f is sick I never hear the end of it, lol.), but either way, this is an awesome hack, and I'll make sure to download it (I've never had a sick sim yet, but you never know...)

Children:
Future step-son Jake (7yrs)
Sage (7m)
??? (Due April 15th, 2006)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:10 AM
clever idea! - thanks - I have an epidemic I can't clear up that looks increasingly buggy. This should help me see what is going on.

I learned from experience that until you get a message, the sim is still sick. But I have a lot with 2 sims with a cold and flu respectively who have been lying in bed for days while the 3rd family member has had 'flu twice and got rid of it in no time flat. If I send the guy with the cold to work, he comes back with a "cold" mesage. This is all at the same time you understand! makes no sense. Elsewhere I cure Miss sim, go to another lot and invite her over and she turns up with 'flu.

I'd actually rather have a bar over their head if you were up for doing a second version.... When they are sick you don't usually do any skilling with them and play the other sims in the family, just checking back occasionally to make sure they are still in bed. Fishing about in the sick sim's interests might get irritating. It would also help to spot sick sims on community lots and allow you to avoid them or quit without saving. Now that's a cheat and I wouldn't normally do it, but my epidemic is getting really irritating.

If you want to rationalise the health bar choice, you could also say they get more interested in health so they don't get ill again! My sims would all be obsessed with health after this epidemic!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 2:19 PM
OK - I've tried it. My sims get to 10 on the health bar long before the game message saying they are well. Were you expecting that? I've learned from experience that unless you get a message, they are still spreading germs wherever they go. So I don't trust the bar method.

Practically - It was a pain hunting around interests to check on a sick sim - I'd definitely prefer a bar over their heads.

DK if it makes any difference but I have base game only. No TSU and no NL
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 1:10 AM
Just a curiosity question, because maybe I'm not understanding. Shouldn't it be the other way around? When they aren't healthy Sims go "Oh no, I'm not healthy! I should work out/rest/fix that!"? I.e. - the more sick they are the less they want to be sick?
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 5:39 AM
The worst thing is getting the flu during the first trimester of pregnancy. what with all the getting up to throw up and/or eat food, plus having twins (!!!), my sim didn't get better until the kids became toddlers and she could rest. And her husband lost his job! Stupid bad moody kids....
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 4:37 AM
Useful work! Thanks

Let darkness embrace thy soul
it lights thy way brighter than the sun!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th May 2009 at 1:09 AM
Great! My legacy family is in quarintine right now, so i really need to know who is sick, and who's not. Thanks! :-)

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 2:31 AM
Wow Thanks it's easier to keep track of if my sim is sick!!=D