Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Completed Priest Career - Adult and Teen

by gk4495 Posted 30th Jul 2005 at 4:43 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2005 at 3:01 AM by gk4495 : Updated/Debugged Career

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:43 PM
Great job!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 6:48 PM
What, no Pope? You got some kinda problem with popery?

Seriously, though, neat idea. I like it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 10:20 PM
Haha - I work as a trainee youth pastor. We always get real annoyed when people ask us when we're gonna go get a "real job" with the adults. Its a totally different career track.
But yeah, i'm gonna download it. Thankyou!
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gglibertine
What, no Pope? You got some kinda problem with popery?

Seriously, though, neat idea. I like it.

Umm...I think you mean Papacy...But you are right, you cannot have a priest career without a Pope :Panda: :Panda:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelofFire01
Umm...I think you mean Papacy...But you are right, you cannot have a priest career without a Pope :Panda: :Panda:

Well... true. LOL Except that you can only have one pope so unless you want only have one priest in the entire neighborhood, you kind of have to give a little. Besides when the game is loading it says it is "blurring reality lines" so I guess this is one of those blurs. LOL. Enjoy.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 11:45 PM
How come you can't become the Pope? Or the Anti-Pope? Or the Anti-Anti-Pope? I think that would really be cool.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:30 AM
You coud put that inthe elders career bit if its diffrent from teens careers so you can make the guy that been inthe busniss since a kid a pope when ther old.
#9 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:13 PM
does it overwrite the business career completely or can you still play both...? I will download if I can keep my business career
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 3:04 AM
Uhm i think since he said it will not overwrite any careers so I dont think that they will. And another thing, I'm a Catholic and there is no deacon. That is the Mormon religion. <@:~)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychoboi50
Uhm i think since he said it will not overwrite any careers so I dont think that they will. And another thing, I'm a Catholic and there is no deacon. That is the Mormon religion. <@:~)

You are correct. It will not overwrite any careers. It has its own unique GUID.

On the other subject, anyone who is not the celebrant at mass and who wears their stole sideways across the chest like a Boy Scout sash is a deacon. That is not an ordained postion, you are correct, but I included it in the career path so that there was better continuity. Also, more than the Mormon's have deacons in their orders. United Methodists, for example, ordain their clergy as deacons before they ordain them as elders and elect them into full membership into the Annual Conference.

As I stated in the original thread the career is *loosely* based on the Catholic heirarchy so as to appeal to a larger gamer crowd. Thus there is no pope and some accomodations have been made. Now if you want those changes removed for your own game play let me know via PM and I will be glad to personalize your career for you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 10:14 PM
I only said the Mormon religion as an example. I do know that there are other religions with a deacon but not their names. When I said there was no Deacon in Catholicism I meant that it was not an ordained position because I thought you were implying that it was. I apologgize for any misunderstandings.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 12:10 AM
Does it have it's own work uniform that your sims wear when they go to that job?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 2:21 PM Last edited by Aurelia : 9th Aug 2005 at 2:25 PM. Reason: add note
Can you do an Orthodox version? Especially since our priests can be married! (only if they are married before they are ordained, I ain't gonna even try to explain it, it's all on the web--and yes we have deacons) I can get ya a list of the ranks..or a link to them...if you have time. I myself have no clue about doing careers.

oh yes...is this ep compatible? and I did see a very good priest outfit on tsr at one time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aurelia
Can you do an Orthodox version? Especially since our priests can be married! (only if they are married before they are ordained, I ain't gonna even try to explain it, it's all on the web--and yes we have deacons) I can get ya a list of the ranks..or a link to them...if you have time. I myself have no clue about doing careers.

oh yes...is this ep compatible? and I did see a very good priest outfit on tsr at one time.

Yes, this is EP compatible.

If you want to PM me with list of ranks I'd be happy to take a shot at creating the Orthodox version of the career for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrLevodevo
Does it have it's own work uniform that your sims wear when they go to that job?

Unfortunately at this time we are limited to the default careers uniforms that Maxis has provided. I am working on "cracking" the uniform issue, but have not been successful as yet.
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 1:49 AM
This is a great I dea, I will try it out
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelofFire01
Umm...I think you mean Papacy...

Nope, I meant popery. (It's not my fault. I'm a writer -- I'll take any excuse to use an obscure word. )
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gk4495
Unfortunately at this time we are limited to the default careers uniforms that Maxis has provided. I am working on "cracking" the uniform issue, but have not been successful as yet.

So am I. Got anything useful on it? So far I've formed a theory, but putting it into action is proving a challenge.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
So am I. Got anything useful on it? So far I've formed a theory, but putting it into action is proving a challenge.

Well, to be honest, at this point I feel a lot like Edison when he was working on the light bulb. So far I know a lot of things that *don't* work.
#21 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 3:37 AM
I like the career but it seems that whenever I have a teen and they age into an adult they get put into the athletic career. I have University too. It has happened a couple times so...... I don't know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 2:56 PM Last edited by gk4495 : 13th Aug 2005 at 3:15 PM. Reason: Additional note to previous poster
Quote: Originally posted by libertygirl2007
I like the career but it seems that whenever I have a teen and they age into an adult they get put into the athletic career. I have University too. It has happened a couple times so...... I don't know.

Really? Hmmm.... not sure why that would be. I will look into it and see what the deal is. Thank you for letting me know.

Edit: OK... I think I have it fixed. I got my game to duplicate the problem and it did indeed want to go to the athletic career. I do believe I found the problem and have it fixed. Let me know if you have any other problems with this.
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 1:59 AM
I feel really stupid. When you first came out with this, I liked the idea and "thought" I downloaded it. Ever since then, I haven't been able to find the career in the paper or on the computer. So I came back to the thread today to re-download it and found out I hadn't even downloaded it in the first place...ugh. Anyway, I have a question. Will a sim ever have a want to get a job in this career track?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrLevodevo
I have a question. Will a sim ever have a want to get a job in this career track?

My experience with custom careers is that Sims do not get a want for any of the custom careers. Default careers are the only wants that pop up.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 4:28 PM
Actually I thought the same thing that my sim would never want to work for the custom careers. But, I just married one sim to the maid and she has a want to work at Wal-mart. It is a blank want but when you move the cursor over the want it says to get a job a wal-mart. Isn't that kind a funny I thought so, so yeah eventually one sim will want to work in a custom career.

simmywade
Page 1 of 4