Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a twins only hack

by LizzLove Posted 31st Oct 2004 at 4:56 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:55 PM by Christy1077

431 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 428 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 18
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 5:14 AM
I'll try this out on my game LizzLove. I have a newly married couple that have just conceived, so I'll put it in and see if they get twins. Of course there is a chance she may already have conceived twins so we will need more 'already pregnant' testers. Hard to say when the game decides that.

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 6:42 AM
Yet another reason to woohoo the night away :D

Just a monkey
Never judge a book by its movie.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 9:23 AM
Oh twin only hack! Good!

Hmmm.. May I expect complimentary hack of this from you soon?
-- No twin hack..

Caring twin babies was too much for my lazy mother sim.

[ Edited Sun Oct 31 2004, 01:30AM ]
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 10:41 AM
Can you also get twins if you WooHoo twice as much?

There's nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway.
For RAR extractor, go here!
http://www.rarlab.com
#6 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 11:03 AM
I just tried it with a sim that was already pregnant and she only had one child so i dont think it works if she is already pregnant
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 1:21 PM
I have to go to work in a few minutes so I will reply to all of you at once. Btw my test family had a boy and girl set of twins, so I named them Phil and Lill.

star0368 - This is what I expected, the genetics of the child is set at conception from what I can tell, and that makes sense from a programming standpoint. So I expect the patch to only work on NEW pregnancies. The same will go for the gender control patch I am working on.

Braveheart - If you do not have twins then I expect that I am right in the decision taking place at conception.

zx1111 - Great idea, I will do that tonight and post it here. No-Twins-Ever sounds like a lifesaver for busy moms.

Lord Vengeance - Not that I can see. There is a random chance ( 1 in 8 ) of having twins normally. I just made that random chance go away and you always hit the twins jackpot.

Just a quick side note here. All of us doing mods are working with only a little knowledge yet. In Sims1 it took me several months of hacking to really know where the important behaviors were and what they did. I expect Sims2 to be no different. Understand there are thousands of behavior scripts in the Sims2, once we have most of them mapped out and understood the modding process will accelerate and we can be a lot more sophisticated in what the mods do. This is going to be fun time to be a Simmie !amazed

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 1:52 PM
Twin aliens from an abduction. Unless lazlo is made to have twins after an abduction he had twins on me after i installed the twins only mod and he was also pregnant to and just 1 day away from having them.
Banned
#9 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 2:20 PM
i got the women pregnant and she has a single baby no twins and i put the patch in =/

[ Edited Sun Oct 31 2004, 06:28AM ]
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 3:22 PM
Tested with two previous conceptions--one I knew was a single birth because the game crashed on me and reverted to the time just after conception when I last saved. Neither has twins.

I shall try with a new conception later on in the day.

#11 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 3:25 PM
I started from the beginning with two couples.One had twins- a boy and a girl,the other had 1 child.1 out of 2 aint bad in my opinion...i'll keep trying.
Banned
#12 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 3:55 PM
yeh but still this meant to be a hack for twins all time 1 out of 2 isnt everytime
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 4:06 PM
I have several already pregnant sims and will be glad to try this out on them.

I will also try it on non-pregnant new sims.

If this works, I'll be really grateful. Pregnancies last too damn long, in my opinion. At least this way you'd get twice the kids out of it.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Banned
#14 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 4:34 PM
am saying it doesnt work so id liketo hear what other people say
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 4:39 PM
I did get twins - boy and girl - don't know if its from the hack... will try again - she is pregnant right now so we'll see!
#16 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 9:00 PM
Hi,new girl here..*waves*
I also will test over the next 24 hours,I am going to try both with unpregnant subjects,and the 10 females that are already expecting,if that is the way this works.I will reply back tomorrow evening.
Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 11:18 PM
I tried the hack as well and no twins in three births. All conceived after installing the hack.

DS

"Just one more download. I promise!"
Banned
#18 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 11:33 PM
yeh true like i said it doesnt work but noone believes me
Out-of-date, catching up
#19 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 11:35 PM
I looked at this download, and think that I may know what the problem is. I have modified it slightly, but have no idea if it works now or not. Do whatever you want with the file.

[file=e107_files/public/2089_twinsonlyedited.zip]2089_twinsonlyedited.zip[/file]
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 12:28 AM
Report: It doesn't appear to work. Four new pregnancies with only one set of twins (boy and girl). So at best this might increase the chance of having twins.

Going to try the new version by Merola64.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 12:43 AM
Hmmm... for those who have had twins off this hack, do you get a twin announcement ("There are TWO new babies in the family!&quot or two single baby announcements? If you get the two single baby announcements, then it seems like this hack might be playing with the same glitch that has been causing some people to have quadruplets, sextuplets, etc.

Wouldn't it be interesting to find some kind of hack that would increase the chance for sim "litters." I know four to six babies would be a lot of work, but t'would still be fun. LOL
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 12:50 AM
PS - where do we unzip this file to?
#23 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 1:20 AM
I got twins. I got the two new on the way announcement. I have never got twins before this patch so either it worked or it was a fluke. I gonna try again tommorrow and see if it works then too.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 1:31 AM
lotusindigo: unzip to your Downloads folder. It's My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/

You get one announcement. It says "TWO babies..."

Quadruplets would be cool. We need a hack for that.

The new fixed file works! Two pregnancies with two sets of twins. One was boy/girl, one was boy/boy.

Of course, it could be some huge coincidence. I have to go to class now, but will continue testing it later tonight.
[ Edited Sun Oct 31 2004, 05:31PM ]

geocities.com/saramkirk
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 1:59 AM
The original one by LizzLove did not work for me. I'm going to try the one edited by Merola now to see if that works.
Page 1 of 18