Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Bed Beta Testers Needed v0.63 (updated 10/05/05)

by LizzLove Posted 7th Aug 2005 at 4:46 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2005 at 6:19 AM by LizzLove : Updated with bug fixes and added Nightlife support.

423 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 419 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 17
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:49 AM
Dayuum ! i hope the bugs get worked out of this soon . we've been needing something like this for a while ! thanx for taking the time to share !
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:22 AM
Wow, seems like this is going to be a very impressive object. To do all that must be one heck of a complicated workout. This must have taken months to do

Will test soon
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:24 AM
Uni only......? You had my hopes up...

Or perhaps I could use this as self-justification to get University... Hmmm...

Yes, I'm clearly behind the times and totally out-dated, I have to get University before Nightlife comes out! Hey, it's working already!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate Pi
Uni only......? You had my hopes up...

Or perhaps I could use this as self-justification to get University... Hmmm...

Yes, I'm clearly behind the times and totally out-dated, I have to get University before Nightlife comes out! Hey, it's working already!

Sorry about the Uni only, the original Sims has only two tier menus. Uni added three tier menus. I tried to do it as a two tiered menu, but Ack!! I ended up with like 4 levels of "more". And that was when I had only a few menu items. You should still be able to use it as it is, but you won't be able to change the settings. ;(

I might try the two tiered menu again if enough people need it, but it will be very messy.

Lizz
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:32 AM
Hey, thanks for releasing (and, by that same key, creating, working on, etc...) such a high quality object. If any absurd bugs pop up, I'll let you know (though it's been fairly heavily tested).
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:38 AM Last edited by carlydunham : 7th Aug 2005 at 5:41 AM.
thanks ill test it out soon!!! btw is this compatble with the latest inteen and insim?
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:51 AM
It's worked like a charm but with two lock-ups! The first happened when I tried to sell my old bed. That didn't occur again, but the second was when I tried to move a waterbed with unmade sheets.

If I make a log file or whatever on future crashes, could you use them? Even if I don't have university? I mean, since I don't think anything crash-related is tied to the menus...

I'd like to help out as much as anybody! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
thanks ill test it out soon!!! btw is this compatble with the latest inteen and insim?

Your welcome, and yes it is compatable with Inteen. Jase and I worked very hard on making sure that it would be. Where needed I call right into Inteen (if you have it installed).

There should not be any problems with Insim as we don't overlap any code that I could find.

It is also compatable with TwoJeff's Casual Romance (Manual selections only), and Crammyboy's (CBOY) nudist mod (The bed parts). As for others it won't break them at least, though some may not affect this bed.

A warning you really should be sure you are running some sort of no-jealousy mod with this bed. Remember that sims WILL use this bed on their own, and if you have visitors over they will use it too. In swinger bed mode they will woohoo etc all on their own regardless of their relationship. So the sparks could really fly if you are not careful.

Lizz
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate Pi
It's worked like a charm but with two lock-ups! The first happened when I tried to sell my old bed. That didn't occur again, but the second was when I tried to move a waterbed with unmade sheets.

If I make a log file or whatever on future crashes, could you use them? Even if I don't have university? I mean, since I don't think anything crash-related is tied to the menus...

I'd like to help out as much as anybody! :D

Yes log files will help, I only need the first 3 sections of the log file for the most part.
I will check out the moving an unmade bed. I cannot imagine why that would cause a problem, but you never know with Maxis.

I have to go to bed now, I have to go into work tomorrow for a while. I will check back here before I go, and of course after I get back. Have fun all.

Lizz
Forum Resident
#11 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:21 AM
This is great.

Henry
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:01 AM
I did some persistant testing (at least for the brief amount of time since it was posted) and I was unable to reproduce any crashes. I even moved those unmade beds around alot in different places, went just fine. Must have been a random mishap of our dear Sims 2 engine...

By the way, the relationship defaults seem to be on Swinger for me, and of course I can't check or change that... At any rate, total strangers are cuddling and woohooing for me, despite having no hacks that would encourage such.

My sims seem to get out of bed naked half the time, in underwear half. I've found no consistant explaination; the same two sims in the same bed turn up random results. I'm not complaining though; it is unpredictable and hence interesting. Or perhaps I'm just easily amused?

On last nit-pick: The bed's pie menu does not change according to pie menu mods. (for "Woohoo") I feel dumb for pointing out an obvious yet unimportant problem and offering no solution of any sort. I assume it would be easy to mod this in SimPE though?

Well, enough complaining. This is truely a masterpiece! The community is indeed lucky to have Pescado to make our games run smooth and LizzLove to make our games interesting!
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:59 AM
thanks so much! you're amazing! I wish I could try it now, but I've gotta leave in the morning.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 9:38 AM
Unbelievable!!! I installed the beds in a household for single men. I had to immediately lower the advertising from medium to low because they weren't going to work. I hate to think what would have happened on high.

So far, the only problem I have seen with the mod is that changes to options occur within the action strings for a Sim. Because of this, they don't seem to take effect until the Sim has finished doing whatever it was doing.

Other than that. I have to say that this was really worth waiting for!!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 9:59 AM
all that watching and waiting paid off. I will try this tomorrow since today will be a busy dat\y. got to go earn some money.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 10:13 AM
Like everyone else, I've been patiently waiting for this! Thanks Lizzlove!
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 12:38 PM
Thank you for making such a wonderful bed. It works in my computer without university. I don't have university installed. All the menues show up and all of them work. I'm not sure about the advertising menue as I don't know what it's suppose to do, but all the other menues work fine. Thankyou again for a great looking water bed!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voyager7
So far, the only problem I have seen with the mod is that changes to options occur within the action strings for a Sim. Because of this, they don't seem to take effect until the Sim has finished doing whatever it was doing.

This had to be done this way, I tried it so that they would do it instantly. This caused a lot of problems as everything would drop from their que as soon as you changed an option. Just the way the Maxis code handles things. It is all or nothing, so I choose all.

Lizz
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Voyager7 : 10th Aug 2005 at 4:42 AM. Reason: still had things backwards regarding threshold
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
This had to be done this way, I tried it so that they would do it instantly. This caused a lot of problems as everything would drop from their que as soon as you changed an option. Just the way the Maxis code handles things. It is all or nothing, so I choose all.

Lizz

Understood.

BTW, I have to confess that I got a bit confused about the Gender Preference Threshold and I've been setting my beds all low. I'd better fix that or my single ladies won't have any of the single men to choose from.

Finally think I got it with gender preference settings. Setting to low option was really what I wanted. My mistake was filling my singles flats with one sex in each. They developed a preference for what was available.
#20 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 3:24 PM
Wow very complex, thanks !

I would like a new option: Household gets money when a sim woohoos with someone not living in the house. So my Sims can "work" at home :bump:
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 3:31 PM
OMG.....THANK YOU!!!

it will be amazing watching my sims make these decisions on their own!
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 3:35 PM
Thank you very much LizzLove.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 3:56 PM
awesome job. LizzLove! These is your best creation yet. I've been waiting for a long time for this. Ha,ha, I'm so impatient.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:48 PM
"Oh, ma'amba!" This is great! I don't have Uni but will download anyway as it seems your default settings are pretty much what I'd choose. Thank you so much for adding some unpredictability to the mix. I'll let you know if anything glitchy happens.

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:58 PM
Wow! I downloaded this and tried it out. Worked great for a romance sim. She even had a house party. Instant roof-raiser it was.

Great work!
Page 1 of 17