Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neon Studio 54 sign

by Samekh Posted 10th Aug 2005 at 6:26 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 7:34 PM
Thank you for making this. Don't really know what Studio 54 is, but it would still make a great neon sign for a club.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 8:29 PM
oh this will go wonderfully with nitelife! lol thanks babe!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 9:36 PM
Very cool, theres definetly going to be a 54 in my sims futrue now.

As for what 54 was doggyfizzle, it was a nightclub in New York. It was the it spot of the 70's. It was also home to drugs, sex, embezzlement, tax fraud etc. It was also the basis for a great movie named 54 starring Mike Myers (in one of his most underrated roles) as the club owner Steve Rubal(i think thats the last name).
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 9:58 PM
wow i love it! thanks
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 2:57 AM
Shinyyyyyyyy! thanks! :Pike:

(\__/)/ "What do I look like, a book of quotes??"
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 11:05 AM
Oh WOW = thanks for making this! It is a 'lil piece of history that will make my disco nightclubs so HOT!

It was an excellent movie, has an excellent soundtrack - and this is very cool :ds:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 4:00 PM
I thought about it hard and I think I have an idea why there is some transparency (instead of an obvious tube omitting light like there should be) so I'm making another one but I'll try and make it bigger and with a seperate guid so that it will be an alternative, even if my theory is wrong.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 7:54 PM
It didn't work, now I have a bigger version of the original that still isn't right! I think the principal problem here is a very technical one. It's to do with GMAX, which I love and is an extremely proficient program compared to some of the others but it A: can't export information about the Normals that SimPE can read and B: must contract the material information from either a direct export from SimPE or a clone of a direct export.

Darned Normals. Stick with it kids. I will improve this if it kills me.
#10 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 11:14 AM
It looks adorable. The right thing for my night club. Thank you. :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 4:14 AM
My dad put the alarm system in Studio 54 back in its Hayday. Great job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Samekh : 20th Aug 2005 at 7:36 PM.
That's a great family history to have!!!! It's not a brilliant job I made of this mesh. Maybe someday I'll get to the bottom of what I did wrong but, for now, I'm very pleased you like it. I'll better it sometime I promise.

I've been asked to do one that said just 'food' but, channel four have a logo advert full of neon signs and one of them is 'diner' (all capatilised but that would look threatening here), in brick red. I thought that would be a 'compromise' maybe. I'm tinkering on with lamps now, quite obsessed with them really, because I thought they would be hard but they aren't that bad and that's why I'm tinkering. Four tile N.S.E.W, tables and bathtubs have been put on hold for the time being .
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 6:16 AM
Now I need to make a coke spoon necklace to go with it.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th May 2008 at 4:30 AM
Very cool. I just saw this used in a sim music video.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 11:48 PM
Fantastic!

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 2:48 AM
Very nostalgic! Excellent work on this! I look forward to downloading it for my game. Thanks for sharing! :lovestruc