Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Blinds Set #2

by Ailias Posted 12th Aug 2005 at 5:47 PM - Updated 12th Aug 2005 at 5:49 PM by Ailias

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 5:53 PM
yay first, thanks I like the fact you can put them in the bigger windows, Thanks keep the good work!
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 6:00 PM
Wow, another beautiful blinds - thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 6:48 PM
Thank you :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 10:38 PM
Thank you! I'll get the recolors going! I like the way these look and I'm glad you made them to fit other windows! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 11:37 AM
Thanks for this great blinds!
I love them.
Thanks for sharing
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 12:06 PM
Very nice indeed! Have you considered using the automated blind and curtain bases at simlogical? These would be even more fantastic if they would open and close by themselves

I'm not trying to show off or anything, I just thought you might not have known about them and would like to. Only single tile available at this time though - I must get round to doing a two-tile base.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 2:01 PM
Very nice indeed! Have you considered using the automated blind and curtain bases at simlogical? These would be even more fantastic if they would open and close by themselves

I'm not trying to show off or anything, I just thought you might not have known about them and would like to. Only single tile available at this time though - I must get round to doing a two-tile base.
========================
Hello, Inge! Glad to see you in my threads again and thank you for an advice!
Im aware of your autoblinds but never had an idea to clone non-default objects to prevent conflicts with their authors

If you permit - I can try!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 2:33 PM
The autoblinds and autocurtains were especially designed to be used as base objects for cloning and will not cause clashes when remeshed providing you clone properly and allow SimPE to update your meshnames when it offers to do so, and use a new GUID of your own.

For your purposes I would advise using the curtain base, not the rollerblind base, because they have two meshes - open and closed - and slatted blinds like these definitely need to be a different shape when they are open and closed. So if you already made a mesh where your blind is raised and one where it is lowered, you can import those meshes exactly as they are into the cloned curtain base. Obviously the UVmap will need to be adapted, that's all.

I have an illustrated guide to help you if you want to set up a diagonal, or to not use one whatever you prefer.

I hope you decide to do this, because I would *really really* love slatted blinds that open and close

(NB anyone is welcome to make recolours for the existing blinds and curtains too, and of course you don't need new GUIDs or anything to worry about for a recolour)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 5:00 PM
Ok thank you Inge!
Admiring your creativity!
Instructor
#11 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 5:20 PM
wow, that looks awsome!
#12 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 7:03 PM
Awesome Thanks!!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 4:52 AM
Yea! More blinds!!!! TY!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 3:52 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:26 AM
Thankyou so much I have wanted these for so long
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:57 PM
:cdance: Very nice, Ailias !!! :clap:

Thanks so much :gidea:
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 1:22 AM
What do you think about redesigning my room????
Well, you're an artist, I must say...
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 12:54 AM
Default cute.
you have a knack at finding the unnecessary necessities in making sims life seem more realisitic. i love your stuff!

[COLOR=Magenta]i am perfectly imperfect.[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 6:09 PM
thx alot
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 2:27 AM
Gorgeous blinds
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 2:03 PM
Excellent job!!!
Thank you so much
Scholar
#22 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 11:27 AM
thanks again

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 6:41 AM
Thanks for your collection!
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 4:11 AM
Even though I hate venetian blinds in real life, I *love* them in The Sims(mainly because they don't fall apart every time you try to pull them up). I admire your talent. Thank you!
Instructor
#25 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 12:32 AM
There are too few double blinds around! Thank you so much for these, they look fantastic.

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Page 1 of 2