Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

besens ancient overknee boots

by besen Posted 17th Aug 2005 at 7:15 PM

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 7:44 PM
Yeaaaa! More variety for the males. I can't wait to test these. Thanks Besen!
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 9:08 PM
Nice! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 10:43 PM
I am a big fan of your historical meshes, but this one puzzles me.....I just studied costume history and don't remember over-the-knee boots. Which period is this meant to represent?

I don't mean to be rude, just wondering. Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 11:05 PM
Hi Jbloom!

Well... what to say about? In first instance I did this mesh because it was a request. Though, what history period this belongs... I don't know *LOL*. Anyway, I know "Musektiere" used this boots, but they had not real coats - it might have been sort of capes.

I hope you don't mind me doing an outfit that isn't fitting a real history fashion... it was just a wish I fullfilled.

Happy simming!
besen

A day without a smile is a lost day
**besens-sims2**
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 11:57 PM
Oh, no! I did not mean to criticize, just wondering if you knew something I didn't.
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 12:05 AM
this skin is fantastic! thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 12:23 AM
Oh besen these are great, I just watched a movie called "Valmont" set in Baroque France and the lead man wore these exact type of boots. I've also seen them in paintings during this period time.

Besen don't apologize for doing wonderful work even if you can't please everyone.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 12:35 AM
I use these frock coat outfits alot. I really enjoy them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 12:53 AM
Thank you all a lot!

Well, I didn't take Jblooms post wrong way - I knew it was just a question without criticism.

Though constructive criticism always is good...

Anyway, I hope you all have got fun with this outfit!

Happy simming,
besen
:howdy:

A day without a smile is a lost day
**besens-sims2**
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 1:16 AM
Did I misunderstand the 'I neverthougt I'd make another one of these.?Please don't stop making male historical clothing, there is so little of it, and I love what you do. Thank you so much.
#12 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 1:53 AM
:gidea: Thanks
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 1:08 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 10:37 PM
Beautiful meshes as always, besen. Looking forward to test them in game. Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 12:53 AM
JBloom, I'll answer your question since I requested this mesh from Besen....I wanted a highwayman's outfit as in Alfred Noye's poem, 'The Highwayman' and his costume is described as having boots up to his thighs, my history isn't great, but I'm guessing it's mid 1770's.

Besen, beautiful work as always, thank you!

~ Michelle
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 6:28 AM
What a cool idea! I love those boots, very sexy!! Thanks!!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 10:51 PM
The over-the-knee boots were very popular during the Rococco period. Check out Knotel's prints of Frederick the Great's armies. Private gentleman or army officers would wear them to ride in, as would cavlrymen, from @ 1700-1770, when lower boots began to be the fashion.

(By the way, if you ever get bored, I would love some recolours done as officers from Frederick's army. Especially Frederick in his uniform as Colonel of the 15th Gard-Infanterie, and the Galarock uniforms of the 1st, 8th and 13th Cuirassiers!)