Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Monique's Auto Ordering of Fridge's Food v1.1 *UPDATED*

by monique Posted 24th Aug 2005 at 2:46 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2006 at 10:30 PM by monique

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 2:49 PM
i love it .. i love u :lovestruc
Thaaaaank you :howdy:
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 2:58 PM
This is brilliant! Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 3:15 PM
cool now i dont have to keep goin out for food
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 3:21 PM
I love the RESTOCK menu better :p
TY!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 3:36 PM
Max3D,
I tested it in a family with 2 adults sim and they are unemployed, I left my pc this morning then went out when I came back this afternoon they were still alive. I hope this help you.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 4:20 PM
:-) but if you want to starve them to death, it doesnt work hahahaha
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 4:43 PM
Starving my sims to death? Yes I can starve my sims to death by spending all their cash on hand down to $39 in that way auto ordering of food/pizza will not work then you will happy now seeing your sims dying from hunger. Other options are placing an objects in main entrance door to avoid receiving of order and block their way to fridge to getting of food or prison your sim in room then remove the door.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 6:17 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 12:11 AM
now if only real life worked like this lol.............thanks its great
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 12:25 AM
Awesome, sounds neat!

Some questions:

1) Will this conflict with any other food or fridge related hacks?

Such as twojeffs' low food warning or Inge's magically refilling fridges? Or any of the food serving type hacks (those, I don't think so, but just thought I'd ask just in case)?

2) Will this order food if its low, even if sims are not home? Like, what happens if sims just happened to leave at the top of an hour, off to work or school or whatever, after using up most/all of the food. Then... the hack decides to auto order food and no one is home, will it still order the food?

Theoretically I guess that could be a problem if everyone just left and won't be back until after school/work. Wouldn't the delivered food possibly spoil (Assuming we are not using your no spoil food hack)?

3) Can you cancel out of the action? Or it is always automatic?

4) Is it a fixed amount that it will always purchase? Or in other words, will it Always purchase the maximum amount necessary to fill the fridge? Or will it always purchase only 400$ worth of food, no more no less?

I suppose, if it meets the requirements, as per your designated threshold, then the 400$ will probably fill it all the way up. But... what if your sim only has enough to fill it halfway or partially. Say... they aren't totally broke, but they don't have 400$. Does this mean the auto-purchase will abort, or will it it use up all the money that's left and only fill up whatever they could afford?

Just wanted further clarification. Thanks!

Ste
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 12:44 AM
No this won't conflict with my low food warning or any other hack. It's a completely separate object. Nicely done Monique!

My mods for The Sims 2 can now be downloaded from this site.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 1:08 AM
Hi syberspunk,
Here are my answers to your questions:

1) No, It wont conflicts or clash with other hacks cuz this hack has it own GUID and using local bhavs. It will only acts as a controller or checker.

2) Yes, in my description above, the auto ordering will activate if you meet these 3 things:
first, your stock is below 50 food units (20 for mini-fridge)
second, your sims have enough money
and third, no market basket present on your lot (this is just to avoid ordering too much market basket)

3) No, you cant cancel that action as long as you met the descriptions above it will activate. So it is automatic.

4) In my first version of this, I used a pop up menu (buy menu), then fill qty that you want to order then truck will come, but I changed my mind I want an automatic that it will not ask/bother me anymore and execute ordering right away. Anyway you will only lose 50 food units cuz before it order you have 50 food units + 200 food units (order) = 250 and your fridge (cheap) can hold 200 food units but if you are using expensive fridge that it can hold 300 food units I think 50 + 200, what do you think? but if you are using mini-fridge you will lose only 20.

No problems about your clarification that helps other too.

Thanks twojeffs

Monique
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 3:08 AM
Thanks, I've had so many problems with delivery men getting stuck on my lots that I pretty much stopped ordering food lol. This will help out alot.
#15 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 4:25 AM
thank you
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
1) No, It wont conflicts or clash with other hacks cuz this hack has it own GUID and using local bhavs. It will only acts as a controller or checker.

Awesome. Just so I understand properly, this is a controller then, and not like a cloned/modified fridge?

2) Yes, in my description above, the auto ordering will activate if you meet these 3 things:
first, your stock is below 50 food units (20 for mini-fridge)
second, your sims have enough money
and third, no market basket present on your lot (this is just to avoid ordering too much market basket)

Cool. Could you possibly add another check to see if any sims are present on the lot, to avoid ordering food when no one is home?

3) No, you cant cancel that action as long as you met the descriptions above it will activate. So it is automatic.

Ahh... ok. Well, I was thinking, if you don't add a check for sims present on the lot, then maybe you could add a dialog box that allows the user to cancel it? I don't know which would be easier, the dialog box of the check for sims present on lot. And I dunno if it needs to be mentioned, but it should probably check for sims that are residents, since I don't think visitors or working NPCs would be nice enough to accept the basket for you. Hehe. :P

4) In my first version of this, I used a pop up menu (buy menu), then fill qty that you want to order then truck will come, but I changed my mind I want an automatic that it will not ask/bother me anymore and execute ordering right away. Anyway you will only lose 50 food units cuz before it order you have 50 food units + 200 food units (order) = 250 and your fridge (cheap) can hold 200 food units but if you are using expensive fridge that it can hold 300 food units I think 50 + 200, what do you think? but if you are using mini-fridge you will lose only 20.

Ok, sounds about right. It would probably defeat the purpose of being automated if the user was prompted by another dialog box. That wouldn't be any different than if we just used the low food warning and we manually ordered food. As for the amount, I just wanted to know if it was a specific set amount of if we could choose. That seems fairly balanced enough for me. :D

Ste
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 9:49 AM
that's great and woks perfectly @ uni. too..
so, thnx alot :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 4:20 PM
Brilliant Idea i am always forgetting to buy food. so Thanks.
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 8:00 PM
This sounds really great, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have some other hacks installed, so maybe they're conflicting with each other? I have the quads, insiminator and several careers installed...

Is there anything I'm missing? Do I need to click on something to make it work? Please help!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:10 AM
No, as long as you put this in your downloads folder it will work.
You dont need to click on something just wait and as I said in my previous post once you met all these three conditions it will automatically activate:
1. your fridge's stock is below 50 food units (20 for mini-fridge)
2. your sims have enough money (s/b more than $400)
3. no market basket present on your lot

For easy viewing/checking of fridge's stock you can download this hack:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=78943
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 4:28 PM
Thanks so much!! I never think to order more food or anything, and then when the family's hungry, the sims go to the fridge and Dang! No food. I've had sims die of hunger waiting for the delivery truck! Thanks so much!! :D:D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 11:38 AM
I uploaded v1.1. pls check it out. thanks.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 7:48 AM
have i told you lately that i love you. all your creations are divine. i swear you think of everything i do and have it posted by the time i come back to look for it
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 8:06 AM
Default works it does
worked perfect. no problems that were overly noticable
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 9:48 AM
itsd great but is it compatable with the insiminator?
Page 1 of 2