Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Sitter 1f

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Aug 2005 at 12:41 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2005 at 8:12 AM by dizzy2 : Update

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 1:17 PM
Omg thank, you,the nanny is worthless.This is much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 1:35 PM
thanks a bunch :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 2:07 PM
I love the idea of having a sitter. Would your "appropriate sitter" list include teenagers too?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 2:20 PM
I hate the old nany's! Thankyou. Only thing I would like u to change is can u have both so I can still kill the nany's for fun?
I love u lol
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 4:09 PM
This is really really cool. I've gotta try it!

Quote: Originally posted by crystlfire
I love the idea of having a sitter. Would your "appropriate sitter" list include teenagers too?

If it was tried with a paperboy, obviously.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 4:35 PM Last edited by crystlfire : 29th Aug 2005 at 4:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Damage Inc356
If it was tried with a paperboy, obviously.

After looking at the screenshot better, I do notice that there are teens on that pic. BUT, the paper boy is a child, not a teen. Dizzy2, that could be why he ran away.

"It's never to late to make a new beginning!"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 4:37 PM
So it doesn't work with the no social worker hack?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 5:54 PM
That is sooo cool!i was just thinking of that,that someone could make a hack where they call baby sitter then like teenagers show and you can pick so weird great job and thanks!:D:D:D:D:D:D
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 7:06 PM
did u try it with ep?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 7:10 PM
I always wondered why Maxis didn't include this in the game. Most 'normal' people don't have enough money to hire nannies. I know that I've babysat a number of times, and it's a perfect job for teens! Thank you so much for this, it should be great. :jig:
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 7:54 PM
Thanks! I really want to babysit to get a little income but I'm not allowed coz ' its a big responsibility and if anything happens to the kid.. bye bye to me!' LOL SO its nice my Simmies get a chance...
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crystlfire
After looking at the screenshot better, I do notice that there are teens on that pic. BUT, the paper boy is a child, not a teen. Dizzy2, that could be why he ran away.

The paperboy is most definately a teen, unless having a job allows him to make out with older Sims on the front porch.

Considering I get very annoyed taking care of the children, and constantly hire nannies to do it (no matter how mostly useless they are), will this delete the nanny option from the game? I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but I'd like to know before I test it. Having a babysitter option is a great idea.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnet Avi
Considering I get very annoyed taking care of the children, and constantly hire nannies to do it (no matter how mostly useless they are), will this delete the nanny option from the game? I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but I'd like to know before I test it. Having a babysitter option is a great idea.

This deletes the ability to hire a nanny.

The nanny, in my experience, does not "take care" of the kids. The nanny utterly neglects and abuses them. If you enjoy that kind of thing, feel free to keep using that bug-ridden crap.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 8:18 PM
Does the sim that you hire (non-NPC) actually get the money? I mean when you go to their place will their simoleons have increased by $50?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 8:32 PM
Thank you so much, this is a great idea. I've been using christonlov's npc nanny ever since it came out, but it's always annoyed me that there was no additional charges (only the initial cost of the object). I like the idea of keeping it real with a charge each time they are called/used. I will definitely try it out.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 9:05 PM
Wow! Fab...the Maxis Nanny is so annoyingly useless!!! Thanks a lot!! :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 9:38 PM
I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like the nanny? I guess I haven't really had a chance to see how she does...
Forum Resident
#19 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 9:40 PM Last edited by rubytuesday : 29th Aug 2005 at 9:45 PM.
I have the "Call Anyone" game play hack done by you and love it. Will this interfere with that? I dont know about anyone else liz, but the nannys will leave your children alone and the social department will come and take them away. Had that happen to me. She comes to the house at times shes not needed and simply will not take care of the children very well.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 11:31 PM
this sounds so cool,

so do I have to delete my zcarrington social worker mod, {that keeps you from having your kids taken away,}

before I install your hack? thanks.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 12:52 AM
Oh I can't wait to try this out. I got in so many fights with the nanny just today. I don't know why they even bothered to put her in the game if she's more of a pain then anything. THANK YOU!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 2:59 AM
I don't know about the zcarrington social worker mod, but this defintely conflicts with Inge's "no welfare" mod. I need to provide an alternate anti-social worker mod for those of you who rely on that.
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 7:48 PM
oh my god i love it can you perhaps try to make it so teens in the neighbour hood can babby sit
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 12:29 AM
It wont work for me... everytime she goes to the phone and clicks on sitter the action disapears... do you know what I'm doing wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aurora_ae_c_a_l
It wont work for me... everytime she goes to the phone and clicks on sitter the action disapears... do you know what I'm doing wrong?

No idea. Works for me.

Did you have a scheduled nanny before? What other social worker and/or nanny hacks are you using?
Page 1 of 5