Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Fun in Reading Book << UPDATED 09/08/2007

by monique Posted 10th Sep 2005 at 10:37 AM - Updated 8th Sep 2007 at 7:15 AM by monique

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 2:49 PM
Does this make studying from a book fun too?
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 3:15 PM
Thanks for making this for me now my bookworm sims can actauly have fun reading.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 5:46 PM
Monique,

Thank you for much for making this. Now I just have to hope that it doesn't conflict with a couple of other hacks I have which pertain to reading. I have Inge's hack which makes their skills and interest go up while reading for pleasure. And I also have the Homework Sometimes Faster, More Fun hack. I can't remember whose hack that is, but I think I found it on this site.

btw, Anshin Laguno, the Homework Sometimes Faster hack makes studying for children and teens go faster and if the sims serious personality level is fairly low (about 4 or less) than they actually get a small amount of fun from doing their homework. But that hack apparently can conflict with some other hacks made by Inge which involve homework. So if you have other homework hacks than be careful. You will have to choose which one you like better.

Again, thank you so much for making this, Monique. I will report back if I find any conflicts.

Simsane
Inventor
#5 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsane

Again, thank you so much for making this, Monique. I will report back if I find any conflicts.

Simsane

Keeping an eye on this one, sounds like a good hack. Hope it does not conflict with the few you mentioned.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 1:10 AM
Hi all, if you are going to click on Bookcase or Book there are options there "Read Book", "Study...", "Ask to Read ...", "Write Diary" this hack will only effect on "Read Book" and "Ask to Read". And it has also an effect on doing "Read Book" when relaxing on bed.

About Homework (I also have Homework Sometimes Faster hack installed in my computer), dont worry about it, It's nothing to do with Homework, homework is a separate object and not a book.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Hi all, if you are going to click on Bookcase or Book there are options there "Read Book", "Study...", "Ask to Read ...", "Write Diary" this hack will only effect on "Read Book" and "Ask to Read". And it has also an effect on doing "Read Book" when relaxing on bed.

About Homework (I also have Homework Sometimes Faster hack installed in my computer), dont worry about it, It's nothing to do with Homework, homework is a separate object and not a book.

It works for me, and I did notice the bed thing which is nice. (best place to read in my opinion) Anyways thanks for this
#8 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 5:15 AM
Thanks! I'm doing a woman's rights challenge and its really hard to get the founder's wife's fun up quickly enough to keep her happy, without a tv!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 8:45 AM
Monique, I agree that this hack does not interfere with the Homework Sometimes Faster, Funner hack. As far as interfering with Inge's hack that raises their skills/interests, I can't really tell since I can't tell if Inge's hack is actually raising their skills/interests anyway. She had more than one hack to choose from and I think I downloaded one that would not actually raise their skills/interest a whole point but would make it so that when you had your sim do a skill building thing that it would build more quickly. Which does seem to be the case. Also, her hack was also supposed to affect the "Read in Bed" but I can't see any problems/conflicts so far using both. All I do notice is that your hack works beautifully, my sims now actually get enjoyment from reading. That always drove me nuts since when I'm not playing the Sims or here on this board then reading is what I do for entertainment.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 4:18 PM
Great Hack. Thanks a bunch.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 9:22 PM
Does "No EP" mean no EP is required or that it's not compatible with any EP?

I don't see why it shouldn't work with Uni or NL (I have both) but still wanted to ask first as I have enough bugs in my game already
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 8:06 AM
This is All EP compatible.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 10:57 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer

As I enjoy reading books VERY much myself I love the idea of this hack!!
Am downloading now
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 10:54 PM
Thanks, I thought it was really stupid that they couldn't get any fun from reading- I'd rather read a book than watch T.V. any day!
Banned
#15 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:10 PM
Great mod. Some people love to read and a good book can be really fun. The game should reflect this! Thanks! But is it compatible with NL?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 6:58 PM
How about compatibility to OFB?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:46 AM
Just so ya know... the thread you linked to no longer exists. You might want to put in a description at the top, although, I think the title speaks for itself Great Mod!
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 11:55 PM
Monique this is a very good mod, thank you for making it. Very well done!

Aren't You A Little Low On The Food Chain To Be Mouthing Off?
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 2:37 PM
Thanks for this hack as well as your other work!
Would it be possible to alter this hack so that serious sims get more fun from reading than playful sims? Just makes it more realistic I would think.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:16 AM
this sounds so good.....my sims will not leave the reading along....that is all they want to do even with tv, computers .....I so love this idea....and so glad that is compatible with all eps....since I have not got OFB installed ....will still work
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:53 AM
Thank you for this!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:33 AM
Monique,

You probably get sick of people asking, but since Pets and Seasons changed the game so much, is this still compatible with them. (Actually, I only have Seasons, but apparently the changes took effect in Pets and was carried on with Seasons.) I used to have this hack and I really loved it, but I don't want to put in hacks that are not compatible with Seasons and mess my game up.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 9:05 PM
Thanks a bunch Monique. Now, my Serious sims can start acting like real Serious sims!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 1:04 AM
It always seemed that even my seriousest sims would never get much fun from reading a book. It seemed impossible to raise their fun bar. Thanks to you, now my Sims are much happier! Thanks a bunch for making this!
Inventor
#25 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 8:29 AM
thanks for the BV version.. my sims love to read.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Page 1 of 2