Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Street Garbage Can

by Targa Posted 25th Sep 2005 at 4:52 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 11:58 AM by -Maylin-

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:38 AM
nice for those that may need it
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:46 AM
well, i don't know that i need it right now but it's a good idea. don't know what maxies was thinking of because i haven't seen one of those ugly metal trash cans in years.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:20 PM
Very clever! But it's not very useful to me at the mo...cool!
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 10:28 PM
Given that one of my favorite communities is primitive, I can certainly make use of this. There's something a little jarring about a metal trashcan next to the dirt path of a lot full of huts. Thanks.
#6 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:46 PM
i do have 1 question, though. how would we know when the trash can is knocked over and needs to be picked up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 2:55 PM
The pile of garbage that spills out will be visible.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 4:50 PM
WOW! I absolutely love it, Thank you Targa, I really hate that damn rubbish bin, great work.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 4:29 PM
This is perfect for my neighbourhood... It seemed so unnatural having the trash can in front of my castles and elven mansions... I am definitely getting this! Thanks for another fantastic hack - you help make my neighbourhood more 'realistic'! :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:51 PM
Sounds great! I dont think ive installed a hack before, which folder should i stick it in?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:15 AM
If it works without Uni, why does the thread say it's required?

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 9:52 PM
I have tested it with the base game. Works perfectly. Thank you for getting rid of the stupid can. :D

Love, softness, madness...
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 2:16 AM
Great idea! I want to make an apt. building and don't want the can in front of it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th May 2007 at 6:36 AM
Thanks so much! I'm just downloading stuff for Enblith's Royal Kingdom Challenge, and was wondering what I would do about the trachcan!

I have the right to act my shoe size.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 11:49 AM
Terrific idea!! I can't live without this as I think the metal can is so unattractive...trying to hide it drove me nuts,so thank you for this very appreciated hack!! Works beautifully!!

Peggy (Irisflowerp)
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:02 AM
I've absolutely no need for it, but I must say: the idea is BRILLIANT! If we were rating points here, you'd get one more than the maximum allowed for this one.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:09 AM
1 Question though, can i choose for it to be visible or not? Like, I have one house i want it there and then i have a castle i don't want it there. Can i have both?