Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Replacement (with veins)

by PatchesSim2 Posted 28th Sep 2005 at 12:20 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2005 at 2:43 AM by PatchesSim2 : Added a Helaene Vampire Red Re-color option, added setion about eyebrows

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 4:52 AM
Thanks a lot! I was just wondering if you could edit this and make the eyes, as opposed to the maxis-looking eyes colored red, something more real that's red... Like Heleane's Eyes. Something that looks rather real, but is still red. That's be awesome if you could do that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:18 AM
ummm ok, I've never seen Heleane's eyes... maybe a link so I know what you're talking about?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:32 AM
Thanks, I'll check this out. Keeping the makeup sounds really good to me.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 8:34 AM
Thank goodness. They look good.
I was afraid of those eyes.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:35 AM
www.haelene.com (lol) I think that's it anyways :P

Me love you long time..
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:36 AM
Nah that's not it sorry..

Me love you long time..
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:53 AM
It's that, except spelled right ^o^
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 12:49 PM
Thank you so much for this! Very Cool!

~ Syn
Inventor
#10 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 4:22 PM
www.helaene.com is the address lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 4:34 PM
Thank you for all your hard work; can't wait to give it a try.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:40 PM
Thanks, this looks much better than my pale vampire skins. I think that I'll use this one if someone makes hack that moves vamp skin under makeup/beards..
Inventor
#13 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 9:22 PM
I removed the one I had and tried yours and it looks really good. I just wish it had a more detailed and realistic eye. I have default replacements for the Maxis made eyes lol

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:45 AM Last edited by PatchesSim2 : 29th Sep 2005 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Added new file above
TSN - Unless Maxis makes a patch that can change this, then I doubt it will happen because they did it to cover up the pale makeups (which are flesh colored) and I don't know if it'd be very easy to assign different layer orders without messing up already created custom stuff. But then again, I'm just guessing.

Ok, I'll see about making a set with the realistic eyes... I have to admit I'm kind of a traditionalist when it comes to custom content (I like stuff that fits with the original feel more I guess), but hopefully this will turn out well. Did anyone notice that the red eyes are slightly transparent, so you'll get different shades depending on what the original color was?

Edit:
I've finished my re-color of the eyes, check the first post.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 3:46 AM
Looks awesome. I support all of you guys that make mods for the Sims and I appreciate all the work you guys do to improve each other's work.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Inventor
#16 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 4:50 AM
*huge hugs* love the new Helaene style red eyes. Downloading it now

Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:20 PM
just wondering if it is possible to make it so that make-up will still show up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elven_Ranger
just wondering if it is possible to make it so that make-up will still show up?
What do you mean? Makeup still shows up but it's covered by the vampire texture, that's the way Maxis designed it (and it's not something that can be changed at this time). You'll see the makeup but it will be tinted slightly blue because of this.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 1:57 PM Last edited by TurboJAzn : 3rd Oct 2005 at 2:19 PM.
Now that is impressive work. Great vampire skin! I love the eyes, too.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 7:39 PM
Yay, the vamp skin with better eyes was exactly what I was looking for, the maxis red eyes just looked plain bad when I am using helaenes' and tuulias' eyes on my other sims
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 3:40 AM
This may seem silly but would you mind posting a pic of what the regular Maxis vamp skintone looks like for comparisons sake? Sorry but I haven't found any vamps in my game yet. I've gone to Crypt-O and Cold Fusion or whatever over and over and nothing.
Thanks either way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 4:36 AM Last edited by PatchesSim2 : 1st Oct 2005 at 4:56 AM.
ok, I'll post the default Maxis skin... hold on

Edit: oh and btw, it doesn't matter what lot you go to downtown... they have an equal chance of appearing on all of the lots.
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 6:19 PM
I want my vampires to have blue/grey eyes. In all vampire movies I have seen, the eyes have been in a shining blue/grey colour.. is it possible to change they're eyes to that colour?

(Gee, my english is really bad^^)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 8:03 PM Last edited by PatchesSim2 : 2nd Oct 2005 at 8:19 PM. Reason: added a second option
Default Maybe something like this?
Quote: Originally posted by Kerrigan
I want my vampires to have blue/grey eyes. In all vampire movies I have seen, the eyes have been in a shining blue/grey colour.. is it possible to change they're eyes to that colour?

(Gee, my english is really bad^^)

Were you thinking something like this?
(in this image, it's actually a set of custom eyebrows that have the eyes added on top of the Maxis original Vampire skin)

Edit: added a second option for the blue eyes, tell me which you like better and I'll make it. I can say that the second one would be really hard to see in the game as you can bearly see the first one (it's a lot lighter than the original Maxis eyes as it is).
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 8:15 PM
I just wanted to say thank you! I enjoy looking at my vampires now. Great job.
Page 1 of 2