Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 2:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets
Default Custom Careers in NL?
If this post is in the wrong place, please tell me where it does need to go, I've been trying to figure it out forever.

I haven't been able to get custom careers to work in my NL game at all. I don't have UNI, just NL. I took out all my hacks and careers and then just added in one career to test, and the game loaded, but then I couldn't get a house to load. So...are custom careers dead? Will I never have a teacher in NL? Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 2:37 AM
As per one of the Maxis' supporters, they had to change the behaviour tree in NL. And from what I have read on different sites, there's a massive conflict between custom careers and this new BHAV. Right now it seems you have to wait until the creators of these CC re-write their files.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:46 AM
I've used my custom careers with NL installed without issue so far. That may not be the case for everyone, just my experience as of now.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 7:08 AM
It might be that some work and others don't. Just to be safe, don't use them.