Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolours of OpenMe Doors & Windows to match Maxis exterior timbered walls

by hippi Posted 28th Sep 2005 at 9:54 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 1:59 PM by hippi

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:02 PM
Hmmm. Guess I'll just HAVE to get Nightlife. (That's it: force me to eat the last cookie...)
Still, beautiful, and I thank you, even though I can't use it . Reminds me of old "Drench a wench" days at the Faire.
It's a pity that there's a poor section of exterior walls, even here..
Again, thanks. I'll write again after I'm forced to buy Nightlife.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:35 PM
I wouldn't want you to have to eat the last cookie.
I have to say though that I love the Maxis timbered walls but have been frustrated with the lack of matching doors and windows. I love the Open Me set in NL but again they didn't match so I just had to make a set that did

Edit: BTW Sorry for the poor quality of the previews, the set looks a lot better in the game.

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
My sims 2 Yahoo Group
2 Fantastic
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:46 PM
I guess I also will have to get NL. Hope there are many new objects in the new one, this reason alone I buy expansions.

So as soon as I get it I definately will be dL'ing these. What are the original colors of these?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:57 PM
Oh, thanks! I get so bummed when there's no matching furnishings.

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 11:01 PM
I love the new nl open me set and your recolours too. Can you please please make them available to download on WinZIP or sims2pack.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 11:48 PM
Very nice. I love matching things.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 11:54 PM
I love matching things as well! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 1:25 AM
DoomAngelsc: The default colors of these in the game are a rich, darker brown.

These recolors are very nice! I also love the design on your sample house that you're using to show them off... I may actually try to build a house like that in my game. :D

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 3:12 AM
I love things that match. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catsanddogs999
I love the new nl open me set and your recolours too. Can you please please make them available to download on WinZIP or sims2pack.

No I'm sorry, I've already stated in my original post that I do not post other formats because of limited resources, go and download WinRAR or it's equivalent.
If you keep requesting this the mods are soon going to get annoyed at you.
See this post for info on where to download WinRAR http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=61942

My sims 2 Yahoo Group
2 Fantastic
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 1:17 PM
stunning set! thanks so much!
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 3:39 PM
Thank you! I love the new set, and with your recolor, now it's perfect :nod:
Instructor
#14 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 7:59 PM
Don't have NL yet. I decided to wait a few weeks before getting it. I"ll download this and store it in my NL folder for now. Thanks for the beautiful doors and windows.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 8:06 PM
Simply Stunning Avatar...oh and the timber work is of equal beauty.

Great work and looking forward to seeing more from you.

Grey

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 2:50 AM
Thanks!
I hate that Maxis never makes matching stuff! Thanks for helping my simmies live in style!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 9:45 PM
Thankyou everyone, I'm so glad you like them :valentine
WinfieldGrey, thankyou

My sims 2 Yahoo Group
2 Fantastic
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 3:32 PM
great. thanks
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiggercat
Hmmm. Guess I'll just HAVE to get Nightlife. (That's it: force me to eat the last cookie...)
Still, beautiful, and I thank you, even though I can't use it . Reminds me of old "Drench a wench" days at the Faire.
It's a pity that there's a poor section of exterior walls, even here..
Again, thanks. I'll write again after I'm forced to buy Nightlife.

lol * im laughin wit cha not at cha. Bc boy how do i feel ur pain.. lol i skipped Univ. exp.. went str8 for the nitelife. :nod:
now im seeing that the houses i can dl bc i have nite life i really cant bc i need Univ. i was gonna get that last **when wink wink it was super cheap just for the objects ( ive heard alot off comments bout ppl being bored wit the University so i said i could wait... they makin me dip into that cookie jar too. for the Univ. :insane: i didnt wanna but................oOOOokayyyy :salute: i get it..... buy the exp. all of them.. doesnt matter you know u need the objects :haha: (poor me :monkey: )

Btw I LOVEEEeeee this recolor terrific work. cant wait to up load em i was workin on a house right now... that these will work great on. i never knew how much work an detail went into you guys makin stuff for our simmies to enjoy. of course till now i was runnin on a sucky video card an couldnt see much detail. ive always was soo greatful that yall did what you do in makin these for us. but now i see the detail yall have an its awsome . ty ty ty cant wait for more from you
smooches
Honey :wave:

Im not Weird i just like what i like
Inventor
#20 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 7:10 AM
I actually missed these in the general downloads page I check. I happen to be doing a search for something else and gratefully found these by chance. THANK YOU.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Scholar
#21 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:30 PM
I love these. The color is wonderful, thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 12:03 AM
hippichick, I've always found your wood recolours to be the absolute best! I'd never consider playing without them, and these are just icing on the cake! Thnak you!

Max
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 1:19 AM
thanks