Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 1:41 AM
Default packaging wallpapers
I've gone and made several variations and recolors of a Maxis wallpaper, and I want to import them into the game keeping the file names I've given them, as well as make a package to share with all of you... homecrafter doesn't give me the opportunity to set the file name, and I'm not thrilled with sitting there and importing all these files one at a time. Is there any way to use SimPE to do this? :wave:
Advertisement
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 2:30 AM
When you select the option to package the walls or floors you should get a window asking for the name of the object.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 10:27 AM
I know about the object name, that's fine... but homecrafter gives the bmp a funky hashed file name when you import it into the game, I'm trying to keep the "true" bmp filename intact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:00 AM Last edited by niol : 5th Oct 2005 at 11:06 AM.
Then, you'll have to install/import them into the downloads folder instead.
Normally, I open the downloads folder while making new wallpapers, tiles and/or terrain paints. I copy the bmp filename to be the file internal names as well as the external file name. As the new files are imported into the TS2, they will appear in the downloads folder.

After copying the names for the internal names of the files, I normally also copy those file names in order on a word processor like wordpad or notepad for sequencing. (save it for good.) If the file order has been updated, one can go to "view"--> "detail", and "right-click" --> "arrange" --> "Date Modified". Since the file is made in the same order you name them internally, after shutting down HCP, you can follow the same sequence to rename the external file names of these files.

Yeah, it's a boring systematic method but very effective to me.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:02 AM
I dunno if this helps, or if it's even an option, but when I make wallpapers/floors/groundcovers:

I'll open Windows Explorer (right click on Start button, select "Explore"), navigate to downloads folder, sort by date, then I'll manually edit the file name to whatever I want it to be.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies