Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop Adverts (Handheld, MP3 & Cell)

by natia128 Posted 9th Oct 2005 at 6:32 PM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:40 PM
awsome! this is a good idea! thank you.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:46 PM
This is very creative. And you made this on your own~! Great Job!

My Free Sims2 Site:
www.sims2bnp.com
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:51 PM
That`s the cutest add i`ve ever seen here )
Thanx
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:59 PM
Very cool. Hip and vibrant.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 7:11 PM Last edited by fortyfeet : 9th Oct 2005 at 8:51 PM.
SO cute thanks so much.

do they show up in the decorative or only in community lots?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:12 PM
At last!!! I've been waiting for someone to make some ads and billboards. I like realism in my simtowns. Many thanks for this!
Can you make more things to decorate a shop?

"Son, you've got a panty on yo haid..." Raisin' Arizona
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:13 PM
Fortyfeet, they will show up in both community and residential buy mode.
And you're v.welcome, glad you like
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:43 PM
This was an awesome idea, very cute and creative. Way to use the game for the game. I hope you make some more. Maybe for clothing boutiques?

"I am what I am. I am a yam."
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natia128
Fortyfeet, they will show up in both community and residential buy mode.
And you're v.welcome, glad you like

Cool, I think they weren't showing up before because I didn't have CEP.

I don't need the origional mesh or anything do I?
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 9:59 AM
so cute poster. i like it. thank for sharing.

It's really not easy but it's ok.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 3:06 PM
Very creative design. Thanks a lot!
Could I just ask one thing? What font did you use for Simmish?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hackster Manic
Very creative design. Thanks a lot!
Could I just ask one thing? What font did you use for Simmish?

After quite a long search for a simmish font I found that a combination of 'Wingdings' and 'Symbol' looked kind of similar to Simmish. If you have Photoshop CS2 they are included in the font list. I think they are also in older versions too, not sure tho!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fortyfeet
Cool, I think they weren't showing up before because I didn't have CEP.

I don't need the origional mesh or anything do I?

If you don't have the mesh already installed then it won't show up at all.
Head over to his thread (if you haven't already) and download it. Now that you have the CEP installed, my recolors will show up for his mesh
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 6:29 PM
Also, if anyone has some good ideas for more adverts, let me know. I'm open for suggestions!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 6:46 PM
how bout some cofee shops ads or gym ads?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:26 PM
This is super great! Will come in handy when I make my first community lot for Nightlife!
Just a question, can we package it with lots?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 9:47 PM
I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!!!! PLEASE MAKE MORE! lol sorry about that, they are just SO good! Please create more! :D

Check out my Sims2.com page at http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php for awesome stories and other uploaded sims!
MY WEBSITE OF BEATLES FUN (still under construction): www.geocities.com/beatlemaniacraze
Forum Resident
#19 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 10:07 PM
this is fantastic, thank you for such a good idea.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:14 AM Last edited by Libitina : 11th Oct 2005 at 4:17 AM. Reason: Suggested an idea already completed.
I just love these, that you used sims instead of real people makes them so much better.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Libitina
I just love these, that you used sims instead of real people makes them so much better.

I agree. :nod: I never use posters and pictures with real people in my game and I'm glad someone's finally made something with Sims to add to our little world.

Other suggestions:
-Maybe some food ads like kids eating cereal. I have some bus stops around my neighborhoods and have been looking for posters to place on them.

-Clothing boutique sale posters

-People working out for gyms, like someone else said.

-Maybe movie posters? That might be hard but if you make up your own movies, you could do whatever you want.

"I am what I am. I am a yam."
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 5:32 PM
These are great! Thank you!! I have both recolor sets that you've done and am hoping for more.... PLEASE!!!! A Sims Wheaties poster would be great for supermarkets. & I secomd the movie poster idea!!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 12:42 AM
i dont understand, i downloaded the 3 and they didnt show in my game. I downloaded the mesh yuo said, but i didnt have rcolors. Which one should i download, the first, second or third file (where you go to download qortex´s painting) ???.
and you said that we needed Qortex’s 2-tile big poster mesh but i read this:
Quote:
2 tile version coming soon.

so sorry, but im confused

iM sO UgLy tHaTs oK CaUsE SO ArE YoU.

---if you dont have anything good to say or a positive comment, stick your fist on your mouth and remain silent---

Simserely,
Annie :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mystique Nazz
i dont understand, i downloaded the 3 and they didnt show in my game. I downloaded the mesh yuo said, but i didnt have rcolors. Which one should i download, the first, second or third file (where you go to download qortex´s painting) ???.
and you said that we needed Qortex’s 2-tile big poster mesh but i read this:

so sorry, but im confused

Hi Mystique Nazz!

To get them to show up, download the "q_bigposters" file on Qortex's page. There are 3 poster sizes (1,2 +3 tile) included in the rar. Once in game search for the light green poster (check out his 2nd screenshot on the mesh page). Also, very important, make sure you have the latest CEP version. I had a problem with recolors not showing up until I updated my CEP, so im pretty sure that's why they are not showing up. Hope this will solve the problem
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 8:31 PM
where can u get cell phones i cant find thm any were and im not new tot eh sims