Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Betty Boop Wall Clock *animated/Sim Time Telling*

by boblishman Posted 10th Oct 2005 at 6:44 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2009 at 3:03 PM by -Maylin-

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 6:47 PM
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO FREAKIN MUCH!! I LOVVE BEETY BOOP!! this is the only thing i've seen with so much detail, thanx alot..keep up the great work!

(\__/)
(='+'=)bunny
z
(->-)sleepy

(>_<) cartman!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:01 PM
Be very happy to test it, its awesome!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:05 PM
Cool, thanks so much! You the best!!! lol
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:15 PM
Beautiful work from a wonderful modder as ALWAYS!

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:18 PM
love betty great detail thanx
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:19 PM
Very quirky, I collect your clocks so this is a welcome addition! Thankyou Boblishman.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:34 PM
Very good Details! I'm surprised

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:37 PM
She looks great, I love her. A welcome addition to all my abodes. Thank you once again, Bob.

What you keep deep down inside,
You don't know what will be.
Looking for you in darkened corners,
Descend into madness with me.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 8:11 PM
Boop boop be doop! Cute! :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 10:09 PM
wow it's great..so big
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 11:55 PM
So cool! Thanks! and nice that you made it in two sizes....downloading..

* If you download my sets please note that I usually include a collection file. Please do not pm me that you can not find something from my sets if you have not yet installed the collection file. I do it for a reason. Thanks!
Inventor
#13 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 12:59 AM
I am a big fan of Betty Boop (a lot of my sims wear her clothing I made for them) so this will be just perfect. Thank you for the work and the lovely items.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 1:43 AM
OMG, that's so cool! =D

Taking it! Thanks!
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 2:14 PM
Betty Boop!! I love it. Thank you.
#16 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 8:40 PM
:mad: this object killed my game it wouldnt work after i instulled it. so i had to uninstall my game and i lost everything months of objects that i will never ever get back,,,,im so mad
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by molly muggins
:mad: this object killed my game it wouldnt work after i instulled it. so i had to uninstall my game and i lost everything months of objects that i will never ever get back,,,,im so mad

Hi Molly,

I'm so sorry that you have lost your game. I know how devastating it can be because my Hard Drive failed a couple of weeks back and I lost ALL my work (since my last backup of 3 months ago.)

However, your assumtion that my object 'killed' your game is, I'm afraid not right. It's just not possible for a downloaded object (installed corectly) to 'kill' a game installation, even if the object is badly made ... or you have a bad download (which can often happen, especially at busy times when the server times out).

A 'bad' object (or download) may cause your game to crash, or stop responding, but all you need to do is remove the (bad) object from your download folder and your game/ installation will be ok.

Believe me, if someone HAD found a way to destroy the game installation with an object, there would be a post on here...(and someone would have developed an installation program to make sure it couldn't happen.)

I know this is no consollation for your lost downloads, but at least now you know for the future what to do if an object you download causes problems with your game. If the game simply refuses to load, then there is something wrong with the game files, not a downloaded file. Unfortunately, computers are not infalable, and sometimes files get corrupted for no apparent reason. (Even Windows itself has this problem and sometimes refuses to load and a full re-installation is required.)

If it was possible to 'kill' and installation with object package file, then, unfortunately, there would be one out there somewhere (not everyone enjoys the Sims like we do, and some nasty person (like a virus writer) would have found a way,) and it would be available to download somewhere, but, thankfully, its not.

Anyway, none of this is going to bring your downloads back.... but can I suggest that its a good idea to make a backup a copy of your C:\.....My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder (not just the 'Downloads' folder, but the whole The Sims 2 folder, because that will keep your objects, lots and games as well) every couple of weeks. That way, if you do have problems with your installation (and have to re-install), you'll only loose a couple of weeks of things instead of all of it.

I hope this has cleared up any missunderstanding, and I hope you manage to get 'back to normal' as soon as possible.

Bob
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 4:41 AM
its SOOO cute XD

Cheese is NOT the meaning of life!Pie is.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 1:48 AM
wow these are really cool!

meguru meguru toki no naka de
bokutachi wa ai o sagashiteiru
tsuyoku tsuyoku naritai kara
kyou mo takaisora miage
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 4:58 PM
god i just love your work bob...im sooooooooooooooooooo happy ..!!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:03 AM
thank you ..great job !!
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 4:09 PM
thank you soooo much i love betty boo.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:10 AM
wow this looks great thanxs
ive looked for some betty boop things and this clock looks great

just thought i should thank you for making something that i can put in my community
lots in my sim games im making a cartoon place ...like who framed roger rabbit lol
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th May 2006 at 9:35 PM
About the person up top who had problems....I'm not sure if it's this item, and if so i wish it was not cause its just awsome, but it seems everytime i buy it and place it on the wall my game crashes...It might be other objects that i've got bought that might being doing it but i'm not sure. Still trying to find the problem. Just thought I'd say something since it was for testing ^^ I hope i find out whats going on and its not this item cause its great. Oh and I only have original, didn't think that had a think to do with it thought cause I have all your stuff for original downloaded xD
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 4:32 AM
Very nice! As you can obviously see, I am a big fan of Betty boop. I want to get lots of Betty Boop things to put my mother's room in The Sims 2 as she loves Betty Boop too!

I'll have to clean up my Downloads folder before I download it, because it might mess up my game in some way.....besides, my D. folder needs to be cleaned....but how can I go through 43 files?! I think there is more then that, though......hm.....
Anyway, nice download! Of course you must expect problems, as it is up for testing!
Well, I'll download it once it is fixed or something.......but I think you made a post about what to do if it crashes......I'll check it out.
Nice job, though! Keep up your clock-work!
Page 1 of 2