Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted "Wall Mounted" Security Equipment

by momma"b" Posted 11th Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM - Updated 6th Jan 2009 at 3:07 PM by -Maylin-

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 2:15 AM
Awsome, i saw this requested and im glad you decided to do this, lol! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 2:17 AM
Great job. Thanks! Can't wait to try this out. Too bad there couldn't be actual security screens to view your intruders from. That would be sooooo awesome. Maybe that's coming out in the next EP. Hmmm...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 2:17 AM
thank so much
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 3:27 AM
Does anyone know of a hack that allows you to summon burglars and other chance nasties?

oh and thanks, momma b, for bringing more realistic objects, that actually work!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Space Pony
#6 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:19 AM
The boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true can force a burglar!
Activate the cheat, choose your sim and click on the mailbox

These are great, thanks momma"b" - They look fabbo!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:27 AM
Ooh, that camera will look great in community lots... um, we can use them there right?

Thanks!

"Copper boom!"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 8:01 AM
Thanks for this it looks fantastic great for movies.
Instructor
#9 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 9:35 AM
Thanks... I've been waiting for someone to make one like this!!!
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 11:24 AM
great for CCTV on community lots :D
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 1:40 PM Last edited by boblishman : 11th Oct 2005 at 7:19 PM.
Great idea.... !!

Quote: Originally posted by Cazkiwi
The boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true can force a burglar!
Activate the cheat, choose your sim and click on the mailbox

...dont forget to hold down the shift key!

Quote: Originally posted by anelca

great for CCTV on community lots

.... To make it available for commuity lots, there is a tutorial HERE
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:00 PM
Default change for lots
Thanks bob, I thought about making it for community lots but wasn't sure how to do it and I hate bugging everyone here. If I change it to the community lots also, will you be able to use it in residential lots as well? If not I can make it with another GUID no. for another and post that for community lots. And I was wandering if anyone knows how to make it so you can use it outside. Right now it has to be used inside in closed walls unless you use the moveobjects cheat outside. I want to make it that you dont need that. Does anyone know? Thanks for all nice comments too.
momma"b"
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by momma"b"
Thanks bob, I thought about making it for community lots but wasn't sure how to do it and I hate bugging everyone here. If I change it to the community lots also, will you be able to use it in residential lots as well?

my pleasure momma"b"..... and there's no need to make a seperate one...it will still appear in Residential as well...

If you need any help in the future , please feel free to pm me...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 2:06 AM
These are wonderful additions. Thank you
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 11:33 AM
Nice , I'm making a cvery expensive house so i need a lot of security ...

Thx BRo
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 4:32 AM
does the security camera works as a burglar alarm too?

H a p P y S i m M i N g!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 2:24 AM
It's nice to finally have some options instead of the ugly defalt alarm. Thanks! Hope the new job is going well.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 11:25 PM
Thanks.

As I was reading the thread title I thought, "I really hope this camera has the burglar alarm functions", and it does!!

Awesome!

Many thanks.
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:22 PM
need a zip file
I really like but i can't download I need a zip file..please help

LuckyCalico1
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 8:20 PM
yay can u make a zip so I can get it, it's the best alarm I've seen and I really want it
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th May 2006 at 4:18 PM
Hmmm...for some reason, when I try to Unzip the security camera RAR, it comes up with an error message about being unable to finish the operation and a sudden end of the archive.

Does anyone know how to fix it so that I can D/L it?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 1:32 PM
for those who want zip archives, i recommend sim file maid 2, it makes short work of all your downloads, whether zip or rar

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 1:40 PM Last edited by simsmart : 20th Jun 2006 at 1:42 PM. Reason: gramatical error
no luck
It isnt working as a burgaler alarm for me

but it looks cool
Scholar
#24 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 2:02 PM
You're my hero today. I've just spent 2 days trying to find a wall mounted cctv camera for the game.
Nothing listed in search, under cctv, or security camera, perhaps you could add keywords to this listing as I'm sure other people would love to use this download too :D

Thank you

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 9:16 AM
Thanks, this will look excellent on the fronts of my sims's homes.
Page 1 of 2