Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"The SupaFridge" : mini-fridge that functions as full-sized fridge *UPDATED*

by Targa Posted 12th Oct 2005 at 6:59 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2005 at 3:38 PM by Targa : Updated fridge to serve large meals. Re-added NL compatibility

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 7:03 AM
awesome, thanks!

I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.
Space Pony
#3 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 7:19 AM
Does this really work with original since u've ticked original AND Uni?? I thought the half fridge only came with Uni??
Or is this a totally new mesh that works with the base game only as well? Cos that's my impression of ticking the Original box....
I only ask cos it's sooo beautiful, lol... but I don't have Uni.. and I want

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 7:22 AM
odd, i would think it would work with nightlife but not just the base game...

I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:01 AM
Damn, Targa, you're a machine! Thanks!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:09 AM
It looks like it requres Uni. Notice it's beneath the counter. Good work.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:11 AM
You're my hero!

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Space Pony
#8 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:14 AM
Dang, that's what I thought... oh welll... it's purdy anyways =o)

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#9 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:27 AM
Really great hacked item!
Im gonna try it tonight if I will spare some time from recoloring

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:53 AM
thanks alot, for this is the fridge i badly need! i like minimalist look. i reber some1 has the tat kind of fridge, which to my embarrasment, i dled it only to discover its for NL.......!!!!!!!!!!!

now, this is the time i can try ur invention out
#11 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:04 AM
Oh my god, Jesus~!!!
It's wonderful thing~!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:14 AM Last edited by Ryûchan : 13th Oct 2005 at 6:16 PM.
Oh wow... you have no idea how much I've wanted this! My trekkie sims thank you, now they'll have their "food replicators" (a very, very tiny kitchenette ) at long last. Ah! And the bulky refridgerators won't block my view when playing. :D

So, I'll download it and try it out with NL, and keep my fingers crossed that it will work.

Just wanted to report that it works fine for me in NL, at least so far, and I have a ton of hacks. Simply brilliant, thanks again! :D
#13 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:15 AM
At last! GREAT!!! Thank you, Targa!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:44 AM
does it hold the same amount of food as a regular fridge?

<3LOVEbringsCUDDLES<3
#15 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:53 AM
Wow! Thats really cool. I'm just new to this site. I just created my account. That fridge is amazing. I think all the artists on this site are amazing! Keep up the good work!
Scholar
#16 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 10:11 AM Last edited by anelca : 12th Oct 2005 at 10:34 AM.
who wants to juggle the bloody bottles anyway!

thanks targa, this is great :D

edit:
just checked this out with NL........it doesn't work other than to give the juggle bottles option and serve dessert. the meal options just give you luncheon meat sarnies, cereal etc like it used to. don't know about baby bottles and food as i have no babies or toddlers at present
shame, but it is still a great object :D
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 10:13 AM
thanks. I like to have a fride in the nursery and the huge ones look ridiculous.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 11:10 AM
I was wondering if it is a new object linked to the original mini fridge, will we still have our custom recolors for it? Or is it just the same fridge with added options? I hope that is clear... :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 12:10 PM Last edited by U063288 : 12th Oct 2005 at 12:27 PM.
Thanks soooo much, we've requested it and it seems nobody want to do that!

Great Job!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by blubug
I was wondering if it is a new object linked to the original mini fridge, will we still have our custom recolors for it? Or is it just the same fridge with added options? I hope that is clear... :D

I need to know this as well thank you.
Scholar
#20 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blubug

not as far as i could tell when i was testing it for NL compatibility, it was just the maxis ones
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
just checked this out with NL........it doesn't work other than to give the juggle bottles option and serve dessert. the meal options just give you luncheon meat sarnies, cereal etc like it used to. don't know about baby bottles and food as i have no babies or toddlers at present
shame, but it is still a great object :D

Oh poop. I've been wanting this for ages. Maybe it does only work with University. Thank you for your work Targa! It might not work for me, but I'm sure it works for someone here. :jig:

Bra problem är inte dåliga problem.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 2:21 PM
This is great, I've been wanting this little fridge to act like a big one ever since I've seen it. Thanks

"It's never to late to make a new beginning!"
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 2:24 PM
Thanks so much! Have been wanting this for a while now. =)
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 3:51 PM
:nod:
This is great Targa, thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 4:44 PM
I checked off the compatibility with the base game (no expansions) because when I went to clone it in SimPE, the Object Workshop reports it as being from the original game, not University. Did the game not have it until Uni came out? If it doesn't work for the base game, someone let me know please.

Quote:
just checked this out with NL........it doesn't work other than to give the juggle bottles option and serve dessert. the meal options just give you luncheon meat sarnies, cereal etc like it used to. don't know about baby bottles and food as i have no babies or toddlers at present..

OK, I just tested this and found out that it's not giving the option to make larger meals. My apologies but I didn't even know about that (never used the minifridge before). I'll make a note of it in the original post and take a look at the package.

As for CEP/recoloring, no, it's just the base minifridge cloned.

And as far as capacity... I toyed with the idea of changing it, but figured it wouldn't be very realistic if this could hold as much food as the bigger fridge.
Page 1 of 4