Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 3:19 AM
Default Custom Collections Icons...
Does anyone know, or are there any tutorials for making your own icons for your in game collection folders? I hate those stupid icons not to mention they tell me NOTHING about what's in the file! I know I saw someone post some icons for download somewhere but I can't find them now :confused:

Thanks A Bunch
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:39 AM
Open the package containing the collection (that, by the way, can be freely renamed, for readability sake...).
In the resource tree (left, on the screen), select the filetype "jpg/tga/png Image" and then right-click on the file that appear in the main window (called jpg/tga/png Image, as well); select "Extract", browse to the folder where you want to save it, and give it any name, but be sure to change the extension to .tga.
Now, in the folder you have a .tga image (it contains an alpha channel, for transparency), that you can edit with a paint program.
When done, save the image in .tga format and close the paint program.

Right-click again on the "jpg/tgs/png Image" file, and choose "Replace".
Browse to your edited .tga image and load it.
Commit and save; your collection now has a new icon!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 8:21 AM
That's pretty useful, thanks. I was wondering what to do when I ran out of icons there. And can the collection be shared in that way?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:31 PM
Yes, the new icon is contained into the collection package (this is true also when you use the built-in icons).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 1:03 AM
Thanks Bunches Numenor!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:31 AM