Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolors of Peggysims hair

by I-Candy Posted 14th Oct 2005 at 5:33 AM - Updated 15th Oct 2005 at 11:49 PM by I-Candy : Deleted other hairstyles

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 7:30 AM
Yess! ^^ More recolors of peggys hair mesh! i love these! Great selection of colors!! great work! x) Downloading right now!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 11:57 AM
You did a wonderful job and thankyou so much for uploading them in separate zips like that, makes it so much easier for people like me to choose which style I want and dont want and saves time later. Great job!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 3:13 PM
i know it sounds very mean to say but....can you make a file with all the colors?
I want them all!!!

Sorry for my bad English!
Currently making this sims (by request): Blink 182, Benji Madden and Agatha Ruiz de la Prada Clothing.
Not by request: Sum 41, the Rest of Good Charlotte, Mike Dirnt
Do you want more? For request and suggestions please PM me!!
#5 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:11 PM
thank you *so* much. i really wanted a black version of this. they all look great!
Space Pony
#6 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:03 AM
You did a nice job.... but you will find that the reason that the other hair you have personally downloaded is different, or is SUPPOSED to be..... is that Peggysims does not allow her hair "textures" to be recoloured... you can use the mesh, but not her textures.... so other people have made their OWN textures, which you have not done here, you have used Peggysims, so unfortunately, you will have to take these downloads down

You might want to take a look at her policy again.... http://www.peggysims2.net/english/policy.html

Quote - Our Texture of Clothes /Texture of Hair / Texture of Make Up/ Texture of Objects are NOT allowed to be Recolor or Modify !!! Even you give us the full credit and link!!

It's not fair, but thems her rules But like I said, nice job.... try not to let it discourage you.... just make them again, but in your own textures, and everything will be ok!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:05 AM Last edited by I-Candy : 15th Oct 2005 at 2:18 AM.
OKay... when I said that of all the ones I've downloaded, they all look different, I meant color wise. Everyone (that I've seen) who has recolored this mesh used her textures. You think I'm lying? Check here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95362 & here TSR hair . Now if you'll notice the first link is on this site. So if my downloads get taken down there's should be taken down as well.
By the way if you'll look at the pictures of pgs4 & del2, you'll notice that those aren't her textures.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM
This hair style has been re-colored by tons of people on quite a few different sites.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:11 AM
The thread you quoted from here was taken down already by the thread creator. I don't know if you noticed it or not.

All you'd really have to do, it seems, is just get rid of the ones that are recolours of Peggy's texture.

Anywho, I like these. =) You can never have too many hair colours, no matter how much my game tries to tell me. XP
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:20 AM
I just looked at it and I still see the page, still see the files. Refreshed the page 3 times
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by I-Candy
I just looked at it and I still see the page, still see the files. Refreshed the page 3 times

I would hope so because I haven't taken it down.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:25 AM Last edited by Padlock : 15th Oct 2005 at 6:54 AM.
Really? I must be thinking of the wrong thread then. My bad. XP

I just saw "Thread deleted by Inverleven5 Reason: Accidentally went against PeggySims Recolour Policy" and assumed it was that one. Sorry. =)
Space Pony
#13 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 6:03 AM
You really don't have to argue the point with me - I was just trying to help But whether you agree with me or not, I'm sorry, I'm in the right and you are not..... according to Peggy's own rules - which you agreed to in clicking HER download button!

I was just informing you in case you didn't know... and whether other people colour the hair texture or not is not your problem (and Inverleven5 chose rightly to take hers down when she realised it, but migamoo hasn't yet), the point is NOW YOU DO KNOW and therefore, if it's your choice to keep doing it the wrong way and not comply with Peggysims' wishes, you are thieving... (and coincidently also run the very real risk of being banned from this site too because you are now ALSO going against THIS site's policies which you also agreed to when signing up and uploading stuff.

Uck..... anyways.....it's easy to fix.....Padlock was right the first time, it's simple.... all you have to do is get rid of only Peggy's texture recolours, or redo them yourself so the textures are your own, or ... easypeasy......ask Pegy for her permission which this person has done ---> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94389 so Pegy DOES grant it... it's just nicer and proper to ask!

I honestly don't like pointing it out, I sound like my own mother *shudder* cos I enjoy your recolours very very much... BUT I also enjoy Peggy's creations - and this is why excellent people like CompulsiveD shut their websites - people keep doing it even after it's pointed out that it's wrong. So lets keep everything in our games... that's all I LIKE downloading cool stuff!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:23 PM
I loved this mesh so much, I am thrilled someone made re-colors.
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 5:34 PM
You know, I never told you how much I liked these. I really like the red (pgs2)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 7:42 PM
Just some friendly advice
Quote: Originally posted by Cazkiwi
You really don't have to argue the point with me - I was just trying to help But whether you agree with me or not, I'm sorry, I'm in the right and you are not..... according to Peggy's own rules - which you agreed to in clicking HER download button!

I was just informing you in case you didn't know... and whether other people colour the hair texture or not is not your problem (and Inverleven5 chose rightly to take hers down when she realised it, but migamoo hasn't yet), the point is NOW YOU DO KNOW and therefore, if it's your choice to keep doing it the wrong way and not comply with Peggysims' wishes, you are thieving... (and coincidently also run the very real risk of being banned from this site too because you are now ALSO going against THIS site's policies which you also agreed to when signing up and uploading stuff.

Uck..... anyways.....it's easy to fix.....Padlock was right the first time, it's simple.... all you have to do is get rid of only Peggy's texture recolours, or redo them yourself so the textures are your own, or ... easypeasy......ask Pegy for her permission which this person has done ---> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94389 so Pegy DOES grant it... it's just nicer and proper to ask!

I honestly don't like pointing it out, I sound like my own mother *shudder* cos I enjoy your recolours very very much... BUT I also enjoy Peggy's creations - and this is why excellent people like CompulsiveD shut their websites - people keep doing it even after it's pointed out that it's wrong. So lets keep everything in our games... that's all I LIKE downloading cool stuff!

I noticed I was mentioned in this post. I am a boy not a girl ( :naughty: ). If you don't know someones gender put it as his/her or check the member profile. Thanks I am not trying to be sexist in any way. In my opinion your hair recolours are great but you should really delete this thread and make the same recolours but with your own textures (or Maxis). I didn't know about the policy till Cazkiwi informed me ( :salute: ). Thanks for telling me about the policy. I hope those ppl that got my recolours b4 i deleted them like them. Thanks again. I recommend you delete them because it would look better if you deleted them rather than a moderator having to do it for you. I probably won't read this thread again so if you wish to comment on this message plz PM me.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 10:21 PM
Great hair
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 10:58 PM
psssst lol i love you hair and what that girl said kinda sounded harsh but i do think you should listen to what she said..- cus you make good products lol :O and i dont think you would want to have to taek it all awayy .. but whatever im not much of a cc person mainly cus i cant find anything good- but this is goodd i think i will trying to download it AND YOU SHOULD FEEL PROUD THIS IS MY FIRST DOWNLOAD ON THIS SITE!! <3 yours always.. xsovetchinnx