Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Designer LadderStairs - spacesaver! (2 tiles)

by Targa Posted 16th Oct 2005 at 1:04 AM

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:11 AM
Great job Targa you have a talent!!!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:15 AM
This is way cool! I hate the amount of space that stairs take up! Nice work and Thank you for sharing.
~Karr
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:19 AM
I know EXACTLY what house I'll make with these. Great job! Thanks!

Is spying really as bad as it sounds? C'mon. They're in your thoughts. You're in their bushes. It evens out.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:28 AM
Wow just what i wanted thankyou very much
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:37 AM
Good job Targa...now all we need is some animations. Great idea to get rid of the pther ones because it would be kinds silly for sims wallking in mid-air...thanks!

Strive not for perfection, but for the inner greatness of you to become - Paunda

....(\__/).....
..>(^.^)<...
....(')_(').....
Copy And Paste The PRETTIER bunny into pro to gain fame and domination over other bunny
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:50 AM
what do the sims do when they walk up the ladder? Is it the normal stair animation...as in they walk in the air like there is a stair there....?
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:08 AM
Yay! You saved me the trouble of having to do this myself
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
what do the sims do when they walk up the ladder? Is it the normal stair animation...as in they walk in the air like there is a stair there....?

No, they teleport up for the most part, and sort of slide down. No walking in air.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:38 AM
Default Elevators!
Thanks, Targa. Good thinking and good execution.
Have you given any thought to elevators? They wouldn't have to be multi-floor elevators ('though that would be whammy!). Even to go up and down between two floors would be a signifcant improvement over space-gobbling stairscases.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:26 AM
I just wanted to say that you are becoming one of my favorite modders when it comes to quality & function.I also dl your hanging clothes thingy & this will be perfect for my "little house on the prarie" style homes.Kisses! :salute:
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:35 AM Last edited by MicBri : 16th Oct 2005 at 3:45 AM. Reason: added link
The ladders look great. Going to try them out now.
Thank you!~
Quote: Originally posted by Drjohn
Have you given any thought to elevators? They wouldn't have to be multi-floor elevators ('though that would be whammy!). Even to go up and down between two floors would be a signifcant improvement over space-gobbling stairscases.

Elevators;
This has been done and done , dont remember where we got it from... think it was here.
This link will lead you to the elevator. http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94547
Although we found them simple enough not to need a tut. just placed them.

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:06 AM Last edited by Targa : 16th Oct 2005 at 4:13 AM.
You can get an elevator from Shaklin's site. Google will get you there.

Edit: Yeah, there's a link to Shaklin's in that thread. I was sort of toying with the idea of adding a pie menu to the stairs. So if your family was on the first floor, you could select a Sim, click on the stairs, and select "Go upstairs" from the menu. That would get them moving w/o having to switch up and down between floors. Not sure how useful that would be though, compared to the work it would take.

What we really need is a menu on the Sim him/herself that you can use to select "Go take a shower", "Go to bed", "Go cook dinner", etc...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:10 AM
Yes thats were the link we provided takes you, to a tut with a link right to Shaklins download

Oh, roh bitah!
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
I was sort of toying with the idea of adding a pie menu to the stairs. So if your family was on the first floor, you could select a Sim, click on the stairs, and select "Go upstairs" from the menu. That would get them moving w/o having to switch up and down between floors. Not sure how useful that would be though, compared to the work it would take.

What we really need is a menu on the Sim him/herself that you can use to select "Go take a shower", "Go to bed", "Go cook dinner", etc...

Thats a GREAT idea!

Oh, roh bitah!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:25 AM
Targa, you are brilliant! Is there nothing you can't do? Once again you've enlightened my otherwise dull sim-world! I thank you muchly!
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 5:12 AM
finally you are god

i totally support pie menu extensions on the sims, go do such and such, that would rule.

hmm.. is it possible to make this object 45 degree compliant?

creating gods using the cheat machine is fun for about 2 seconds.. but without motivations your sims will never do anything.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 7:38 AM
these look realy good, thanks
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#19 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 8:48 AM
Wonderful!!!!
Wanna use em in my game today!! :wow:

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Scholar
#20 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 8:57 AM
These are beautiful, thank you ! My praire houses are looking more and more like Little House every day!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 9:07 AM
I love it, thanks. Absolutely brilliant, perfect for all different homes.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 10:43 AM
Very good idea! I love it and it give me a lot of using ideas. Thank's
Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:12 AM
I loooove these recolours! Thank you so much!

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:22 AM
Thanks! I was looking forward to some new colours of this!
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:31 AM
OMG, SO perfect for the "forbidden attic"! lol, love it!

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Page 1 of 4