Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pond Water Mod - new colors

by Targa Posted 20th Oct 2005 at 9:13 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2007 at 9:45 PM by MTS2Staff : Added info about Seasons

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:23 PM
That is one awesome mod you made! The new colors are cool! AWESOME!

America's Next Top Model!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:24 PM
They are a tremendous improvement on what we have now! I think I like the grey one because it looks like it's reflecting the sky.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:28 PM
Thank you!! :bow2: It looks really great!!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:29 PM
I love them! especially the green one, its great for making a swampy surrounding.
you just gave me a new idea for my haunted house ^_^

Thank you for all the time and efoart you put in to this!

-------------------------------------------------------

If any one would like to help me out by making a certain clothing mesh that i need, please PM me and i will be forever greatfull*~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
They are a tremendous improvement on what we have now! I think I like the grey one because it looks like it's reflecting the sky.

Inge, I'm not going to forget your original request.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:48 PM
Thanks oh so much love the colors. They are a welcomed relief from the same ole drab pond
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:03 PM
Targa- FANTASTIC job. This is wonderful for those of us who are stuck with brown ponds lol.

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:05 PM
Now I need to play a house with a pond so I can see the pretty colors. Thanks, Targa! :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:13 PM
WOW!I love this mod! I think is one of those things everyone is tired of, the yucky water Maxis programed us with! I love it! U are the best! Thanx

Did Kurt Cobain kill himself? Well let's see
  • his wife offered someone $50,000 to kill him 3 months before his death
  • he had 3 times the lethal does of heroin; he couldn't have shot himself
Doesn't sound like suicide to me
www.justiceforkurt.com for more info
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:13 PM
This is amazing Targa

Now known as CMW15
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:17 PM
thankyou for the beautiful colors, these are fabulous!
xo
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:30 PM
Who has brown ponds? Mine are usually bright fluorescent blue!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:38 PM
Thank you so much ! My water was red and now it's blue !
Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:20 PM
It would be so cool if the pond water was color enabled

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:31 PM
Wow, this really adds diversity, Thanx)
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#17 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unwanted03
Thank you so much ! My water was red and now it's blue !

Did you have another hack to make it red?

Another good job Targa. :D
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#18 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:54 PM
Red pond water is an issue with a graphics card that doesnt support that part of the game properly,

Ive just got back from testing and I had to thank you again. It works fantastically and without a hitch. Thanks so much.

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:58 PM
Instructor
#20 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:00 AM Last edited by tylersada : 28th Oct 2005 at 12:06 PM.
great job. Thank you, Thank you.

I thought I would let you know this is just beautiful in the game. I like it much better than the default Maxi version. Thanking you again.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:04 AM Last edited by Targa : 21st Oct 2005 at 12:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
Red pond water is an issue with a graphics card that doesnt support that part of the game properly,

Ive just got back from testing and I had to thank you again. It works fantastically and without a hitch. Thanks so much.

You're welcome. I wasn't aware of this problem with some graphics cards not being able to render the lot water properly. This means that if you try to use the "Ice" water, it also may not render properly (because it uses the same rendering values as the original water). The other water colors, as you've noted, shouldn't be a problem for any graphics card made in the last 10 years or so. Glad I was able to help with that, even though I didn't know about it!

-T

Edit: Just out of curiosity, does anyone who had the "brown/red water problem" know if their video card is a GeForce2 - based card?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:44 AM Last edited by sages_mommy : 21st Oct 2005 at 3:22 AM.
Quote:
Edit: Just out of curiosity, does anyone who had the "brown/red water problem" know if their video card is a GeForce2 - based card?

I've got a NVIDIA Vanta LT, if that helps. I used to have to delete ponds from all premade houses. Thanks sooo much for this! (Even if it was an accident)

Scratch what I said about my video card... that's what the "Display" screen says, but if you check the advanced display options, it says that chip type is unknown... will have to write a grouchy email to NVIDIA to get it all settled. I know for a fact it can't be a "Vanta", as that names nowhere to be found on their site. :mad:

Anyways, thanks again for fixing the red water of doom!
Instructor
#23 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:50 AM
You leave me speechless Targa. Your abilities continue to amaze me. Thank you for the great download!
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:06 AM
Default Great
I love the pond water. It is great. The color before was boring. But, now it is gr8. Thanks a lot. LOL and happy simming.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:34 AM
These looks SO good! I can't wait to try them out. Thank you!
Page 1 of 4