Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: Always turn off CAR stereo *and light* when getting out

by Numenor Posted 20th Oct 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2007 at 10:25 AM by Numenor : Mod updated: now compatible with any game up to BV

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:54 PM
I always hate when the sims leave the car and leave the stereo on. Thanks Numenor

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:02 AM
Me too, I was hoping sombody would release this.

I'll give it a test :salute:
#4 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:35 AM
Now this sounds good... 3 sim days passed before i figured out where the darn music was playing from. Ill give it a go.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:06 AM
oh this works perfectly! i have Pescado's oldie but goodie stereohack installed as well and there is no conflict.

i noticed something else and that they are able to turn on and off the lights, too, while sitting in the car. if you have time, could you make it so that the lights get turned off, too, when they exit the car? i know we're wading in BHAV territory, but if you don't know which one that is to disable, perhaps someone could help you out (for a change)? thanks, Numenor :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:44 AM
Okay, this may sound stupid, but are you guys directing the sims to turn the music on or is it turned on automatically when the sim enters the car? I ask this because none of my sims have ever had music on in their cars at all. I've never heard it. Is it voluntary like the sim will turn the music on themselves or do I have to direct them to do it? Please help me. I feel kinda left out.

Thanks to all who can help.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:02 AM
Yes, you have to turn on the radio. You have to get in the car first by directing them to "sit in the car." Then you'll get the option to listen to the radio. They will not turn it on by themselves. They will not turn it off either.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 3:39 AM
Thanks for helping me with that daysies!! Now I feel better. I thought the game was not doing something it should be. Now, I'm sure I'll not get enough of them in the car with the radio on. Then I'll NEED this hack for sure.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 4:11 AM
I requested this simply because when they left the car, forgetting that the radio was still left on, they would start Smustling right then and there! It was amusing the first few times, but I guess it would be much more fitting if they would Smustle outside cars at a drive-in or Sonic not at a residence.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:55 AM
Nice Work! I like this
#11 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:07 PM
Thanks - Will try it out
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 10:16 PM
Thanks for this. The first day I had NL, I turned on the radio, drove to a community lot, where the Sim got out. The music continued to play, but the car was rendered unselectable, except for the "Dance" option.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM
Nice...
Its goign to be a while until I get nightlife, and I'm not even sure this is the right post to be asking this... but how worth it is it to get NightLife? Looks convincing, but I've been dissappointed before (now what expansion could that be...) :wave:
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 7:03 PM
Hm... NL wasn't all I expected it to be, and you were dissapointed by Uni then NL will be more like a nice little plugin that should have been free - the half walls are excellent though!

Thanks for this hack, now the fact that I've only actually used a car once has nothing to do with it - why DID they make GCSEs so time-consuming?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:50 PM
i will test this out. sounds like a useful hack. thx

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 11:40 PM
downloading right now! :salute:
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 5:28 AM
This is great...except one thing. When time to go to work, Sims just jump in their car and go. Now the stereo in the car is good for one thing really, and that is to give the Sim some fun on the way to work. (Hopefully boosting their job performance).

So...is it possible to make it where they turn on the stereo when they get into the car and turn it off again when they get out? The way I have to do it now is when the Sim attempts to go to work I have to cancel the interaction, direct them to sit in the car, turn on the stereo, then drive to work. (Whether or not this hack is installed). Why do they have to sit in it to turn it on, yet can use a remote from 3 rooms away to turn it off anyway?

So I ended up removing this hack and turning the music to barely audible (Classical station helps). That way I don't hear the music too much. Then they get their fun increased on the way to work.

Sure would be nice though if the hack was updated to include: in car=stereo on, leave car=stereo off. Any chance?
Instructor
#18 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 7:10 AM
Beautiful!!!! thanks a bunch for this!!! Now if there was one for the darn T.V. like after Woo-hoo turn off t.v. hack... LOL or T.V. doesnt make sim wake up from sleep... (I know I sleep with the T.V. on all the time!!)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 11:06 AM
MagicMoon - What you ask is too difficult for me... Maybe another modder can do this. In any case, this should be a separate mod, so people can choose whether to add this feature to the "always turn off" or not.

AERhodesJr - But *there is* one for the TV: LINK. It shoud force your sims to turn off the TV before woohooing...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 4:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer me anyway. It's still a great mod!
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 4:46 PM
Wish Maxis would think off this sort of thing!
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 10:08 PM
great, I stopped using the car stereo due to forgetting to turn the **** thing off! downloading immediately.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 10:29 PM
Numenor has no chance whatsoever of fixing bugs if you don't tell hm what they are

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 10:29 PM
What bugs?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 7:25 AM
I have found that this mod as well as the tv one is not compatible with Bon Voyage. When you direct a sim to walk to a community lot while on vacation it immediately goes into buy/build mode, and you can't use live mode.
Page 1 of 2