Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Photography Backdrop - now with camera

by Targa Posted 21st Oct 2005 at 11:05 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:11 PM by -Maylin-

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:11 PM
This is so cool. Downloading now. Great for "sim studios"!!! Thanks
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:21 PM
Oh, this is great. I wish someone could grab those photos from the wall in CAS too, they look so cool.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:29 PM
Paige: I have the entire CAS backdrop ripped apart, so don't be surprised if you see those very items soon. Lots of stuff in there.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:33 PM
Thanks Targa, these are excellent!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Sotalia : 21st Oct 2005 at 11:47 PM. Reason: added ps
Yessss!!! Finally someone made the backdrop!! It was requested months ago and now the Great and Powerful Targa has come through for us simmers again!!

**bow** **bow**

Sotalia

ps Not sarcasm, honest, I'm really really excited about this!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 12:20 AM
I tryed making a package that would replace the backdrop in the CAS. What I mean is I cloned the CAS backdrop got rid of all the meshes except the ones I would like to kepp like the bear that the toddlers hold and the mirror. I did not change the guid and I installed the package. In the game the CAS backdrop still showed up. Maybe you could figure it out.

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 1:45 AM
Default Thank You!!!
I am ETERNALLY grateful for this!!!!!! You have *no* idea how much I needed this!!!

*bows before you*

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 2:00 AM
OMG! I LOVE you for this! I've been looking for this FOREVER. *bows down to you*

I worship the ground that you walk on and gives you tons of hugs!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwirsing
I tryed making a package that would replace the backdrop in the CAS. What I mean is I cloned the CAS backdrop got rid of all the meshes except the ones I would like to kepp like the bear that the toddlers hold and the mirror. I did not change the guid and I installed the package. In the game the CAS backdrop still showed up. Maybe you could figure it out.

I would just follow this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47150

-T
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 3:59 AM
I know how to make a CAS screen I was just wondering if it was possible to make a pakage that would replace the backdrop so we could easily make CAS screens without having the pictures in the background

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 4:39 AM Last edited by Targa : 22nd Oct 2005 at 5:17 AM.
OK, I tried messing with the CAS! package in Uni's folder and it didn't do anything. The game is still using the original one, so I replaced that with a package I deleted the pics from and the game booted me back to NH view. Are the pictures a big problem for ppl who make their own CAS screens? I could take another look tomm if so. I have an idea that would eliminate them.

-T

Edit: Did a quick trick and ended up with this, without modifying CAS!.package at all. Clone CAS in OW, then edit the Material Definition(s) of the objects you want to eliminate so their alphablend mode is set to blend. Using the Nvidia plugins, build DXT on the textures you want to eliminate, building with a transparent png. May have to import a black texture after that using "import alpha channel" option. You could then Extract the modified files and build them into their own package, so you wouldn't have the entire CAS in your package. Then pop the finished package into your downloads folder. The only downside is that those pic frames may be used with the luminous antique camera when you frame your own photos (you'd be affecting the items globally).
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 5:59 AM
I've wanted those photos from the CAS background forever! I hope you have them soon. And I love the backdrop. Any chance on a black one, like those black velvet ones photographers use?
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 8:41 AM
youve outdone yourself this time taga great job. hope to see more of your material. keep modding targa.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
OK, I tried messing with the CAS! package in Uni's folder and it didn't do anything. The game is still using the original one, so I replaced that with a package I deleted the pics from and the game booted me back to NH view. Are the pictures a big problem for ppl who make their own CAS screens? I could take another look tomm if so. I have an idea that would eliminate them.

-T

Edit: Did a quick trick and ended up with this, without modifying CAS!.package at all. Clone CAS in OW, then edit the Material Definition(s) of the objects you want to eliminate so their alphablend mode is set to blend. Using the Nvidia plugins, build DXT on the textures you want to eliminate, building with a transparent png. May have to import a black texture after that using "import alpha channel" option. You could then Extract the modified files and build them into their own package, so you wouldn't have the entire CAS in your package. Then pop the finished package into your downloads folder. The only downside is that those pic frames may be used with the luminous antique camera when you frame your own photos (you'd be affecting the items globally).

Can you make that recolor avaliable. I'd love to make some new CAS screens around it.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa

I didn't understand much of what you wrote there and I believe I'm not the ony one :D, so maybe you could post this mod...recolor or whatever here at MTS2. I think it would be much appreciated.
:nod:
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 6:11 PM
Default Upload
Quote: Originally posted by pixie
I didn't understand much of what you wrote there and I believe I'm not the ony one :D, so maybe you could post this mod...recolor or whatever here at MTS2. I think it would be much appreciated.
:nod:

I agree I think many people would want the because it would make CAS making a whole lot easier. Please upload that package you created.

Now known as CMW15
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 6:26 PM
Thanks Targa... now finally i can rebuild my so loved home from The Sims Online :D... Lotus Pond Theater, here i come again!

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 11:36 PM
My CAS package isn't quite ready for PrimeTime, as they say. I just did a quickie mod to see if I could do it. Why don't you tell me exactly what you're trying to hide and what you want to leave in? You'll notice that everything is gone from CAS in my screenshot, even the podium and mirror.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 11:50 PM
The one you showed us is fine. But one with the podium and mirror would be good as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:40 AM
Well, there's two problems that I forsee. The first, as I said, is that people who have framed pictures taken with the Luminous Pro Antique Camera will have their frames vanish (possibly). But more importantly, the stuff that appears to be missing from my screenshot is still there, it's simply invisible. So... you can't put anything on the walls, because the invisible pictures are still there. The invisible couch, plant, and everything else are still taking up room where you might otherwise be able to put different objects.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 4:16 AM
moveobjects on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:55 AM
OK, I checked it out and it appears to work. That is to say, I left my hacked CAS package in my downloads folder and installed a custom CAS! in GlobalLots, and the game didn't crash and the custom one worked...except for a couple of things. Whatever I did made everything vanish. There's no photography backdrop at the end, there's no mirror, nothing...lol. Secondly, and this is most likely going to ruin the idea for you, a typical CAS! package is about 800k or so. Now you're going to ask people to download that plus a 5.36 megabyte hack? Pretty big file.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#24 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 3:06 AM
Ok. I'll concede for now.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 11:02 AM
Hi!I love it!But I have a question!Are you sure it works with all the expansion packs???I just have the original Sims2 and it does not appear in the game!What's wrong?
Page 1 of 3