Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Plate and Bowl Recolors

by GunMod Posted 22nd Oct 2005 at 10:22 AM

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 10:24 AM
That's pretty awesome, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 11:20 AM
Wow... never thought about this before.. But thanks
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 12:08 PM
Yay!! Thanks GunMod
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 1:22 PM
Great
That is soooo cool but i cant download .rar files could you possibly make it into .zip too?
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 1:43 PM
They are all beautiful, thank you!
xo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 3:14 PM
Sorry blondechick, But I only use Winrar. WinRAR CAN make zips, but they are problematic unless you unzip them with Winrar.
The way WinRAR compresses zips is a little different from that bloat-ware Winzip.

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 3:24 PM
WONDERFUL!!!! Thank you soooooooooo much!!! ;p

To all those interested in Draco and Hermione fics, please visit this site and leave a little review http://www.fanfiction.net/~hellish
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 3:39 PM
These are great!! Thanks so very, very much!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 6:12 PM
change is good.. thanks alot.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jrich572
..::Off Topic::..

Why is everyone always whining about it being a zip or rar file. Just go download WinZIP and winrar. It will take you like five minutes.

Someone please explain it is so much trouble to just get the other program.

no!! you dont even have to do that! people!! JUST GET SIMS 2 FILE MAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geesh

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 8:07 PM
beebi...Your avator is scary...I..can't...stop...staring...at..it

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 8:07 PM
Beebi thats sorta RUDE!
Anyways thats hecka Tight!

Ughhh jms if you ever get on message me k :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:20 AM
Thanks GunMod! I had some replacement plates from another site, but they didn't affect the bowls- so yours are much appreciated!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GunMod
beebi...Your avator is scary...I..can't...stop...staring...at..it

haha yeah happy monkey is cool :laugh:

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:14 PM
I've had some of these on my site all year... and they're zips... for those who like zips.

In the old days, people didn't do the exact same thing as someone else already did, but I guess times have changed. Oh well, nice plates. And since you did bowls too I guess technically it's NOT the exact same thing anyways.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 7:18 PM
I think its nice to have a variety of choices, regardless if it has been done before. I think its great that we get to share our creations with each other, every one is a bit different and that's what its all about. Great job on the plates, I am going for the pink rimmed ones, awesome!

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲ "It can't get better when you believe that others have to change." Esther Hicks San Diego, CA 08-31-19 ✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deedee
I've had some of these on my site all year... and they're zips... for those who like zips.

In the old days, people didn't do the exact same thing as someone else already did, but I guess times have changed. Oh well, nice plates. And since you did bowls too I guess technically it's NOT the exact same thing anyways.

Sorry DeeDee, but I did credit the people that I did see the idea from.
Surely you can't expect me to know of everyone's Sims 2 website and every creation out there? I do this for me first, then share it for anyone else who wants it. I dont run a website and only post my stuff here.
Sorry if you feel I took your work

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Retired Live Chat Moderator
#19 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 12:49 PM
I never said or even thought you "took my work" and my compliments were not sarcastic, I meant I really did like your plates. I didn't see any idea credits anywhere, but as you say you have no way of knowing what goes on all over sim-land so it was unfair of me to react like you should so I apologize. I'm very well known so I have a tendency to forget sometimes that not everyone knows me.

BTW I don't just put things on my site, I contribute to a few places including many many hours of work on this site (behind the scenes aka no nice THANKS) as well as the SimPE site every week, so please don't imply I only work for myself because nothing is further from the truth. I just overreacted because a year ago that was a really original idea but if lots of people do it now, I shouldn't care - plain and simple.

Keep up the good work I really do like your plates and bowls very much.

:lion:
Deedee
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 8:51 PM
how did you make those!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 9:26 PM
You could also download 7-zip. it unzips all without all the button pushing.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#22 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 9:32 PM
They're recolors of the game's plate/bowl textures.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 1:31 AM
These are cool. I downloaded your clear plate (clear and gold rimmed plate)(which I cannot find by the way, and I WAS asked by someone where they were) :insane: Anyway, these are nice, but I will keep my clear ones, they are fantastic. :salute:

:wise:

When this battle is over
I feel I will survive
In the battle of the dragon
No one walks away-S. Nicks
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 1:32 AM
oh yeah, and i use UltimateZip, which is free for personal use, and it unzips rar and zip files and stuff....just fyi

When this battle is over
I feel I will survive
In the battle of the dragon
No one walks away-S. Nicks
Field Researcher
#25 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 6:16 PM
Excellente!!!...as usual in You
:jaw:

Wonderful work, GunMod :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks so much for sharing :gidea: :salute:
Page 1 of 2