Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - Elven Healing Major (LotR based)

by ElenaRoan Posted 23rd Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM - Updated 13th Apr 2006 at 9:37 PM by ElenaRoan

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 2:35 AM
wow nice if only i had uni lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 2:51 AM
well...if it helps I'm planning on making some LotR based careers eventually *grin*

- ElenaRoan
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 4:33 AM
Question: The zips for your two Elvish majors contained .bak files. Can I use them as if they were package files? (Will they work if I dump them in my Downloads folder 'as is'?)

The 'healing' major zip did contain a package file; and they're all very cool ideas. :nod: Have you considered doing any 'Manly' or 'Dwarvish' majors? :p

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 5:29 AM
they do? *double checks* dang...*corrects it and uploads fixed zip* sorry about that...obviously I need to turn off 'auto backup'

- ElenaRoan
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusinchains
Have you considered doing any 'Manly' or 'Dwarvish' majors? :p

yep *grin* got ideas for about 4 each for Gondor and Rohan and I'm sure I'll get ideas for Dwarves and Hobbits too *grin*

- ElenaRoan
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 10:06 AM Last edited by Nessa_Rose : 25th Oct 2005 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Just a'cos...
I have to say that a LotR based Healing career would rock my pretty multi-coloured socks, lol! I shall await it eagerly
And thank you very muchly for this delightful Uni Major - now all I have to do is try and follow the instructions for using and assigning majors, hehe.

Incidentally, I'm somewhat curious as to how to create a custom major, but I haven't been able to find myself a tutorial or anything, despite my best search efforts. Any chance of possibly pointing me in the right direction? :D

~ Nessa
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 11:37 AM
Try here- it might help start you off http://www.ambertation.de/simpeforu...topic.php?t=234

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 5:15 PM Last edited by venusinchains : 25th Oct 2005 at 5:27 PM. Reason: Oooh! Elvish Careers!
The 'healing' major zip did contain a package file
Of course, by 'healing' I meant 'dunadan.'

And thank you very much!

Aaaand I'll be looking forward to any possible lotr themed Careers. :nod: (I'm afraid I was a 'Legolas and Gimli' nut before I discovered Orlando Bloom.)

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM
Thanking you muchly, SuperFly! I never thought to look over there, lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nessa_Rose
I have to say that a LotR based Healing career would rock my pretty multi-coloured socks, lol! I shall await it eagerly
And thank you very muchly for this delightful Uni Major - now all I have to do is try and follow the instructions for using and assigning majors, hehe.

Incidentally, I'm somewhat curious as to how to create a custom major, but I haven't been able to find myself a tutorial or anything, despite my best search efforts. Any chance of possibly pointing me in the right direction? :D

~ Nessa

*grin* I'll have to see what I can do then :D

I've been using the 'majors made easy' mod with no apparent problems.

The one that SuperFly linked is the one I used to learn, then I just started experimenting *grin*

- ElenaRoan
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 4:39 AM
I just found the 'Majors Made Easy' and installed it with absolutely no problems - much easier than having to stuff around with SimPE for that. I don't mind playing around with SimPE for other things, but that just seemed like too much effort, hehe.

Incidentally, if you do start work on Careers to go with your majors and want some ideas/help/etc, I'm more than happy to give a hand as needed (even just as a tester at the end ^_~). Admittedly I have absolutely no experience at making careers, but that doesn't stop creative thinking *Nods*.

Just my random offer for the day :D

~ Nessa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 7:02 AM
much much easier *lol*

may take you up on that *glances at your location* hey! you're an Aussie like me! neat! :D

- ElenaRoan
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElenaRoan
*glances at your location* hey! you're an Aussie like me! neat! :D

Out of curiosity, ElenaRoan - where in Australia are you from? (If you don't want to say, that's fine, just curious)

I'll be looking forward to any possible lotr themed Careers. (I'm afraid I was a 'Legolas and Gimli' nut before I discovered Orlando Bloom.)

I second that. If only coz it'd be more appropriate for my numerous fantasy/elf Sims than the current careers. (And I wish I had that excuse... Unfortunately, I'd only just started reading the books when I saw FOTR, and so when I say I'm a Legolas nut my friends and my mother all assume it's just because of Orlando...)

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 6:46 AM
Not a problem, Elena - just PM me or email me or something if/when you want a hand. At least being in the same country, there's a higher possiblity of us being online at vaguely similar times, lol.

And I hadn't read the books until I saw FotR either, actually. It just motivated me to getting around to something I'd been meaning to do for ages, hehe. At the risk of being shot, I almost prefer the movies to the books, and that's not something that happens too often for me. I just found the first one too slow, although the second and third one's were better, except for the ending. It felt like Tolkien has put years into the rest of the series, and the last couple of paragraphs were pumped out in ten minutes.

Oh, and Nyara, I might just have to do as your signature tells me to... heh.

~ Nessa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:19 AM
Nyara:
Near Canberra *grin*

hehe...can't have an Arda 'neighbourhood' without proper careers *grin* BTW for the longest time I couldn't recognise Orlando without the blond hair *lol*

Nessa:
cool *grin* thanks

I prefer the books myself *grin* but that doesn't stop me watching the extended editions several dozen times *lol*

- ElenaRoan
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 12:13 PM
Love Lotr...thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 7:48 PM
Thank you.