Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Myrtle's Plantation

by lalena2248 Posted 23rd Oct 2005 at 6:19 AM - Updated 24th Oct 2005 at 4:37 AM by lalena2248

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 3:12 AM Last edited by XTS : 24th Oct 2005 at 4:07 AM.
Default Haunted Oklahoma!
I LIKE! Thank you! I'll get this for sure for halloween.. and I'll make ghostly sims. :D
Wonderful!
xts
Oh by the way, Here In Oklahoma, we have the "Guthrie's boy's home" (sp?) and it is also said to be haunted. I went there a long time ago and there were some strange things happening for sure. Rumor has it, well. I'll just post a link. It's crazy!

At all links, it's under Oklahoma, Guthrie
http://www.prairieghosts.com/boyshm.html
http://www.juiceenewsdaily.com/0105...l?1129176043234
http://www.leftfield-psi.net/ghosts...aces/usa_o.html

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 4:57 AM
Wow, there are a lot of haunted places in Oklahoma! That Guthrie place looks really interesting. Wish I could find a floorplan for it; then I would make it. I'm thinking of making a lot of haunted houses and having a haunted neighborhood! OH, and I'm glad you like the house. :wave:
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 5:19 AM
Hey Lalena, that sounds great! I'm a biggie on getting spooked (by plan only, no surprises). I like to go to crybaby bridge and the hill where a woman was attacked. My brother states there was a giant handprint on the windshield of his car once when he went. Pushing him back while in drive, if I'm not mistaken. I'd love to go ghost hunting. I've thought on it, but I want to take equipment if I do and other people (to protect me). The Guthrie's Boy Home was empty when I went. I saw someone in the tower up top and got scared but kept my pace. I later did research and found that someone killed themself there! Who knows what I saw but I know there was no one in there when I went unless they quickly snuck in. I debated on going up there but the stairs were in really bad shape and I had a bad feeling about it so I didn't. The basement (pool area) was the scariest. I won't be going back due to the new owner and the law but I sure want to! There's a fence around it from what I understand. I have wondered if I could find the owner and have them let me take some pics. Most I've ever found were adoption records online (through ancestry.com I think).
I had 3 others with me. I know we are grown and maybe a bit too old to be doing this but I just can't help enjoying it still. Maybe not all the time but now and then, it's a major rush. It's been years since I've done it. Perfect time of year for it though!
If I ever find a floorplan or an inkling of the design, I'll let ya know ok?
Thanks again for this lot!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Inventor
#5 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 5:20 AM
Might I add that it's not cause a woman was attacked that I want to go there, it's cause of the rumors that go around about the location. I'm very compassionate! I'd never wish harm like that.. EVER!
Crybaby bridge was a place where allegedly a woman was fleeing her husband (or similar) with her baby and wrecked. The baby was never found. Allegedly you can hear the baby cry sometimes..

xts

#6 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 10:17 PM
AWESOME! I've lived in Louisiana all my life. I've stayed the night in the myrtles...... Creepy beyond all reason. It's said that Myrtles is one of the top 10 genuinely haunted houses in the country if not the world. Thanks so much!!!
#7 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 7:46 PM
I USED to live in New Orleans, too! Now I'm stuck in... *sob*... Houston. bah! (Sorry all you Texans. =) ) We had this freaky mansion in St. Bernard... the LeBeau Mansion. I think a woman hung herself there... I remember once me and a friend went to go check it out on a nice clear night, and when we left the house and got to the main highway, it'd siuddenly gotten super foggy in the span of five minutes. yikes. Um.. I've also stayed in a plantation in Shantyville with Confederate soldier bloodstains in the attic. And there was supposed to be a ghost that knocked all the candles off the mantle. Very freaky.
#8 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 9:51 AM
I've been there in real life and it's boreing as Hell
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:41 PM
I just went on a tour in that house this weekend. I was very spooked out, haha. The tour guide told us ghost stories and what happened to everyone who lived there. It was fun. Can't wait to put this house in my game!

"My sword is yours!" - Miklotov, Suikoden II.