Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remake of Sims 1 House! - 1BR, 1BA, Decks, Driveway

by Youkochylde Posted 25th Oct 2005 at 7:24 PM

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 12:52 AM
I remember this house! It used to be down the bottom on the right of the neighbourhood screen near the 'stream' if I recall correctly. I used to play this house a fair bit, so I can say I'm quite impressed with this rendition! Man, how it takes me back! Despite all the advancements of Sims 2, there's still something missing from Sims 1 that I just can't put my finger on... but having a few familiar residential lots is certainly a start!
Do you think you'll be trying a few other lots from the old Sims game? I used to love the little white weatherboard house (y'know, with the ugly blue and yellow ribbon wallpaper in the kitchen I think it was?) and the pink rose bushes out front. That was a personal fav. Do you think it's at all possible you might try this one at any stage? *nudge, nugde* Maybe we can recreate the old basic neighbourhood from Sims 1 all over again in Sims 2! *laughs* That'd be something!
Again, great work and can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 3:13 AM
Good ol' Lot 10...it was my favourite house in Sims 1, which expanded into a nice 2-story monster.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 12:30 PM
Trying to remember which house you're talking about... Was it the very first one next to the Sims sign? Or was it the one at the end of the entry street? Gah, bad memory...

I'm glad you guys like it! This was one of my faves, and I also would turn it into a 2-story when the need would arise. Thanks to Targa's one-square 'staircase' (Featured on the downloads main page), I can do it more easily with this one instead of finding room for the stairwell.

I'll be doing more Sims1 houses as I remember them. I AM planning on doing the other two houses at the lower end of the Sims1 neighborhood, as well as the original Goth house. I can't remember enough of the mansion to remake it, and my Sims1 disc hasn't worked in ages thanks to scratches. >_<

Also, because I forgot to mention in the original post... this house sells for a little over $29,000 when it's put on a lot, and the lot size used was 3x3.

"Did they look like psychos? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*** how crazy they are!" -Seth Gecko, 'Dusk Til Dawn'
#5 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 11:08 PM
YES! This was my personal favorite lot from Sims1. I have several variations of it throughout my games, so I'm extremely happy to see it for Sims2 now! Sweet!
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 3:03 PM
Funny thing was, I just reinstalled Sims 1 on one of my other computers, just to see all the stuff that I had and all the stuff that's missing. I have no interest in returning to those days being the sims could only one one outfit at a time, the graphics weren't very great, etc. One of the main reasons I reinstalled the game was to get the sizing of a couple houses, mainly the house on the hill, the one I usually moved the pleasants into. I've downloaded other versions, but once you move your sims in and start decorating it, you find something is way wrong. It's tooo big. So, I've got the info (size of the house) and plan to start construction of it soon.

I've downloaded your house here to check it out and stuff, looks really good.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot, what are we missing from Sims 1 in Sims 2? I think it's all the extra stuff, the robo-maid, the extra furniture, and other decor. I was poking around thru the stuff the other night and there was a lot of things. There was a automatic sliding door (looked like something out of a sci-fi show).

I've seen a lot of stuff that people are making for sims 2, but there isn't much of the sims 1 stuff that we had... How about a ceiling fan? Or how about hmmm... (thinking... remembering...) Oh well, save that for something else... Anyway, great work, will look at your house within my game...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 5:05 PM
Gods, I can barely remember. LOL I'm having a hard enough time remembering wall placements in the houses. Yeah, we're missing ceiling fans, the robo-maid... There IS a sliding glass door in Sims2, but it's not the same. I used it for my Lot 6 upload that's still pending. We're missing the hot-tub sized bathtub that I used to love in Sims1, and I think the model train sets as well. The guineapig (I think)... the automatic flushing toilets, the sleigh bed...

I liked the wall-mounted statue alcove that provided light as well.

"Did they look like psychos? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*** how crazy they are!" -Seth Gecko, 'Dusk Til Dawn'
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:06 PM
Youkochyled...this is just too great :wow: Just a couple of weeks ago I was trying to remember the floor plan of this house since it was my fave, and failing miserably.
When I saw yours I had to have it! Doing a Happy Dance :jig: while downloading.
I am also downloading your other houses.
Thank you so very much! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 4:24 AM
Thanks, Moonsong! While someone else has done some of the bigger houses, I'll be doing them as well, with no custom content in them. I just have to find the TIME. >_<