Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cult Radio - Tivoli's 'Model One'

by simka Posted 27th Oct 2005 at 3:27 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM by -Maylin-

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 3:49 AM
This is really cute. It looks old-fashioned and modern at the same time. Thanks!

"I am what I am. I am a yam."
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 10:40 PM
I loved using your stuff in sims 1 and I'm so happy your creating for TS2, thank you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 6:51 AM
I love this! Thank you, Simka.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 7:01 AM
awsome, i love antiquated things, thank you
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 6:48 AM
This radio looks fantastic. And if you want to change the description, open up the file in SimPE, in the resource tree section on the left, click catalogue description then click the catalogue description item just to the right. Then in the bottom left hand side of the screen is a text box with the word string written next to it. Type the new description there. I have used this. You might want to as well:

Do you want a portable radio in your house but don't want it to look like you got it at a garage sale? Then the Tivoli 'Model One' Mono Radio is for you. The Model One mixes the classic radio design with a slick new modern package. Truly a top choice for those who want to get the most out of their radio.

Then just press comitt file on the right and click save from the file menu. Done.
Hope this helps.

P.S. You will need to change it for all languages and also changing the title as well. You can switch between languages by clicking the go to / add drop down menu located below the string text box. Also in the table down the bottom, you can change between editing the title of the object and the description.

I am the same Lakeyboy from SimTropolis, The Sims 2, The Sims 1 & SimCity 4.

(Hopefully) Coming soon, I plan to release an Australian TV Addon for the Sims 2. Adds 5 extra channels to your sims standard lineup. Will include ABC, 7, 9, 10 & SBS!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 8:39 AM
Thank you all for your nice comments, and Thank you Lakeyboy for your mini-Tutorial - now I know what I've done wrong.
Your description is really funny! As soon as I have the time, I'm going to update the description - I hope you don't mind if I use yours..
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:41 AM
Way cool! (Please excuse my antiquated slang - I'm a child of the 80's ) The second I saw this I said to myself, "I must have this!"
My computer died a complete and devestating death the other day and since my dumbass lost my back up DVDs I have to frantically go around trying to redownload the over 30,000 custom items/recols/etc. I'm an emotional basket case over this...I feel like I've been violated or something. But, on the upside...I'm finding cool stuff like this that I didn't have before.
So..
Many thanks.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 4:21 AM
I love antique machines.
You've done a great job. Thank you.

P.S. I like that lakeyboy's description. You guys are so talented in every way.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 12:31 AM
Ha, that's nice

i'm not mean
you're just stupid
http://reronaville.myminicity.com/
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 11:33 PM
This is fantastic. My Tivoli radios (and clock radio) are my most prized posessions. So happy to share them with my Sims.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 6:54 AM
Man, I missed the boat on this one. I only just found you today; I used your TS1 stuff all the time back in the day! Glad to see you're still around
Instructor
#13 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 12:13 AM
WHAT......"antique"!?!?!?!?!
Shoot,I just got a brand new one!
Trivoli makes this same model for Sirius satalite radio!

Thank you! :D

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 11:45 PM Last edited by buggybooz : 24th Jun 2008 at 11:53 PM.
I love the rl tivoli radio\stereo system so even if this is a fairly old upload now it is one of my favorites for small audio equipement; forever stylish and a great audiophile choice, thankyou for bringing it to life in the game.

Ps. ..nothing antique about this system

Pps..the purest sound to come out of such a small box ...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:53 PM
I play a lot of retro lots, and this little tabletop radio has been put to good use. Thank you!
Instructor
#16 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 11:07 AM
This is great!

My DEVIANTART profile