Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted - another athletic guy MESH

by marvine Posted 12th May 2005 at 6:40 PM - Updated 31st May 2005 at 8:52 AM by marvine

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
#2 Old 12th May 2005 at 6:52 PM
Ohhh I like the Body!! ^.^
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2005 at 7:11 PM
Hey, sorry, can anybody move this to the right thread? I forgot this isn't a genetic mesh

Thanks Rythela
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th May 2005 at 7:35 PM
Great job! Looks fantastic :D
Instructor
#5 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:19 PM
Very nicely done. Thank you for taking the time to make and release this. I know that pulling those vertex points around one by one by hand is very tedious and time consuming because I have done it before, so I really appreciate the work that went into this.

Don't take this the wrong way and not to knock you in any way, but I've yet to see a really good muscular male texture that I really liked. I think the shape of this male is awesome, but he needs a good texture, I am tired of those Maxis ones because even the "fit" male really doesn't have much definition.

There was a guy who did some really awesome muscular textures for Morrowind, but I've yet to see someone come up with something like that for TS2 and I certainly don't have his talent.

The other thing I wanted to mention, at the risk of sounding like I am nitpicking is the jacket mesh. It's really hard to tell from the picture, but it almost makes him look fat. :O I'll have to try it out in the game though, it may just be the angle.

I think you got the body shape done very very well and I like the underwear. It's a great base to start off with and I hope other people will texture clothes and skins for this body.

Thank you again for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:22 PM
Very good work marvine. I think the first mesh is in the right place as a basic "nude" mesh.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:25 PM
He looks kinda fat in clothes. 0_o

Instructor
#8 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:43 PM
Looks great esp. in those undies. I requested thid body type and you have done a great job. I would like to request that he maybe in the shirt and jeans outfit or jogging suit as well again thanks so much
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:45 PM Last edited by marvine : 12th May 2005 at 9:01 PM. Reason: grrr connection problem
Thanks for your nice comments, guys!

And yes, I too think he looks fat in the clothes - specially the original Maxis, mainly because of the colour I think, Cruella did a really good texturing job on the pants of the other. The other reason is that I didn't want to cheat with the size, and I had to do it like this to enclose the original mesh... Really muscular guys don't always look so good in clothes IMO

But I'll keep this in mind when choosing the next clothes.

Anyway, I found out this mesh looks better in game, and really good when stretched a little in Simpe, between 1.05 and 1.1 - it was made made with that idea in mind.

Motoki, I agree with you about the skintones too. They're all Maxis except the black one, just tweaked to stay fit, and the texture is a little stretched of course. I wanted to give it a try, but I'm really busy trying to figure how to make the adult version - for which I'll have to do some serious texturing. For now, it still has blocky shoulders and unmapped texture syndrom...

The shape was strongly inspired from the Hush Superman action figure standing on my desk, and a picture of my grandfather taken just before the first world war (which might give you an idea of my age :D) - he was a universitary gymnastics champion.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:37 PM
Great work.
.......Thanks
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#11 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:54 PM
I think chest needs more muscles )))
Nice in all
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:16 PM
I like the way the legs look. Nice big calf muscles.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:40 PM
More muscle on the chest? He already has far bigger tits than me
But I might try a more exaggerated version some day...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th May 2005 at 11:43 PM
ROFL......Marvine
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th May 2005 at 11:52 PM
Really Good! I think he just needs some different outfit choices, perhaps more flattering? I also have yet to see a "perfect" buff mesh - the part usually not quite right being the sholders. However yours does come very close.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th May 2005 at 3:29 PM
I agree, fantastic job! I can't wait to see what this looks like in the game!!! :dsausage:
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th May 2005 at 5:55 PM
Battkatt, I have a thing for male shoulders, so I gave my best there - the issue being that there are very few vertices to work with. And If I pulled them just a little more, and it's the same for biceps and legs, the game didn't smooth the edges enough... Our best hopes are in Wes_h's plugins, which could allow to add some vertices where needed - I still have to figure this out, but maybe somebody else will do it soon.

In fact, I should put a poll about the best outfits for this bodytype. It would be hard for me to create something from scratch due to animation parameters, I don't want to steal other people's work, I'm not satisfied with the Maxis clothes, so I'm having a hard time choosing the next items... So, any ideas are welcome.

Thanks again for your comments, and don't fear to tell what you think! Constructive criticism is always welcome, I need to learn and my pride won't be hurt.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th May 2005 at 2:07 AM
thanks for the the time you spend for this work. He looks great. I like it very much and hope that someone will create some more clothes.
Instructor
#19 Old 14th May 2005 at 2:54 AM
He looks great in my game and I have done the stretch skeleton cheat works great looks good.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th May 2005 at 9:53 AM
Thank you Marvine, its a great job, perhaps I would like him to have more of a booty, I just love bodybuilding myself. I think the lower part of the body shall be in proportion of the upper. Many guys work too much with the upper part so they forget the lower. My ideal is the Greek statues, and I think iceskaters sometimes has very harmonius bodies.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th May 2005 at 2:48 PM
how do i install it it says on the how do i install rar files to right click and extract when i right click there isnt an extract button? what do i do?
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th May 2005 at 5:17 PM
Would it be possible to get a top/bottom seperate version of this mesh?
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th May 2005 at 5:56 PM
Arnold, I see perfectly what you mean, but this guy wasn't intended to be a bodybuilder, it's not the same kind of musculature - and I have a thing for small round booties that emphasize the torso and shoulders (oh, and dimples, I forgot to add dimples to the skintone!!!)... So I indulged myself, maybe at the cost of realism .

Kilner, it looks like you don't have a rar extractor installed... You should do a search on the forum, there are some threads where people share links for free rar extractors. And we're asked not to upload both rar and zip files, so... I hope you find what you need.

Makkentass, you have a point. Right now I'm working on some much needed clothing, but this should be my next job, since I need it myself to make separate clothing.

Thank you all for commenting!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th May 2005 at 6:21 PM
He is fantastic!!! Guess one never gets too old to want a body like this to play with! Thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful talent!
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th May 2005 at 7:43 PM
You have created a beautiful mesh, it looks just like a friend of mine, so I call mim Ricky in the game.Well when you are so skilful I would like you to create a mesh for a bodybuilder.As you say yourself you cant have too many muscular bodies in the game.
Page 1 of 5