Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: NPCs Wear Casual Outfits

by dizzy2 Posted 12th Jul 2005 at 7:18 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:52 AM by Christy1077

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:40 AM
Will this also affect the hairstyles of the NPCs (or will maids always wear that tiara thing, and paper delivery people wear that hat, etc.)?

Anyways, sounds nice... I never liked the nanny outfit.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:51 AM
Yes!!!!That's the thing I ever wnated,thanks!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 9:03 AM
How weird. That's exactly what I came here looking for. Well, thanks for making it special for me!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 9:53 AM
To change their hair style, you need to select them and then make them Change Appearance in a mirror. I haven't tried doing this yet, so I can't for sure it will work, but it should.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:01 PM
Any pictures we can see?
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:25 PM
this is awesome! i'm not a fan of the cleaners' outfits. i'd like to give them something more dignified and normal.
Banned
#8 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 3:47 PM
Does the mind control mirror work with university? :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 6:27 PM
Yes, Pokeylope.
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 10:59 PM
what outfits doesthe npcget to change into , i already changed my maid and other npcs outfits and stuff by using the inseminator selector thing. but the choice of outfits is not very good ,
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:28 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 6:00 PM
I've used this hack and a mirror to change the hairstyles of two nannies and even a couple of hacked NPCs. It works great! Thank You!
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 5:05 AM
I have used a hack to make the maid selectable and tried using mirror to change her hairstyle. It changes it in her thumbnail but not on the NPC herself.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 9:01 AM
GET NPCS TO WEAR ANYTHING. Great hack but i still didn't have much choice of clothing.So what i've done is use your "NPCs wear casual outfits" and "Merolas mind control mirror" (mod sims2 hacked objects) and ADDED "New hacked dresser" by Wintermuteai1 (mod sims2 hacked objects).The hacked dresser lets your NPC buy clothing at your sims house.Then you get your NPC to plan everyday clothing with merolas mind control mirror and the clothing they just bought should be in there.Your NPC shoul be able to wear ANYTHING now so long as you have them buy it first.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 5:28 PM Last edited by michelle hilbrands : 3rd Sep 2005 at 5:34 PM.
What I have done in the pass is use boolprop testingcheats enabled true to plan an outfit and you can buy an everyday outfit for your nanny. Using Merolas Mind Control Mirror of course. I would also change her hairstyle and add make up. The thumbnail would change but every day she would show up in her nanny suit. Her hair and makeup would stick though. I would have her take a shower right away and then she would be in the outfit I planned for her the rest of the visit. Be careful with boolprop turn it off after use and be aware of how much your outfit is costing you. You can get it for free or you can get it for $1500 and anything in between. If it is more than a few dollors then just cancel and continue to do it till the price is cheap--I don't know if you or the NPC household pays for it??? This hack will be nice so I don't have to mess with her every time she is over.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 12:38 PM
maybe its coz im doing something wrong or maybe its coz im using the no_cd bit but i cant get the npc's to change clothes.....please give me options i havent tried
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 2:23 PM
Using "no_cd"? What the heck is that?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 10:29 PM
Thanks a bunch!

watch Jensen Ackles in Supernatural
watch Allison Mack in Smallville
watch Jeff Hardy in Monday Night Raw
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:19 AM
Used this mod and loved it, does this work with nightlife?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:24 AM
No_CD will have nothing to do with it working or not. If the game loads, it loads - that's it.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 7:46 AM
This hack seems to work for Nightlife, although you may need to use Inge's Teleporter Plus shrub (at simlogical.com) to be able to access the Plan Outfit for NPCs.
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 8:51 PM
Does the NPC revert back once they leave or will they appear at other jobs in their new clothes?
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st May 2006 at 9:36 PM
Before Nightlife, it wortked perfectly. Please Help!! Simlogical has shutcown.
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 7:22 AM
Thank you!!! It's Fantasy~
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 3:57 AM Last edited by aprouty : 12th Feb 2008 at 4:08 AM.
Hey, I downloaded and installed your mod then used boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to select a NPC. I clicked on "Plan outfit" (On a sim), then choose a clothing for a NPC. However, when a "Plan outfit window show up, it's blank.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 2