Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2023 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 8th Jul 2023 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Update
Default Installing on Windows 11- Leaving this for whomever may need it.
Has anybody had success installing TS3 on Windows 11? If so, can I get a play by play of how to do it?

I've been trying to figure this out for the past 2 days; I'm not getting far. About a hour ago I managed to get the base game to load via the launcher, but once I installed World Adventures, it won't do anything. I don't get a error or anything, the game just refuses to load. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

I'm trying to do a disc install. I thought maybe a Steam install might be easier, but a quick search around the internet told me otherwise.

EDIT: I'm back at it for day 3. I'm updating this post with what I've done thus so far.

Windows is up to date.

Installed DirectX

My graphics card NVIDIA. I updated the NVIDIA Control panel so I can cap FPS.

There is a thread on the EA Help forums regarding this subject. LazyDuchess created a patch.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...1057820/page/27

I'm currently reinstalling the game for what feels like the millionth time. That is hyperbole, but it feels that way as installing this game by disc takes awhile. Buying it on Steam wouldn't help as my internet sucks and goes out if somebody farts too loud.

EDIT 2: Is there a desk I can hide under? I'm really, really stupid. Nobody should listen to me about anything.

In the notes for the LD patch, it sez the following:

Quote:
In case anyone's wondering, you can extract the .zip file wherever you want, then launch it and apply it to either TS3.exe (if you're on patch 1.69, i.e. an Origin install) or TS3W.exe (with the W, patch 1.67/disc or Steam install).

I kept trying to link her patch to the TS3.exe instead of the TS3W.exe, Since my game is disc install, it becomes 1.67 with the super patch which I put in place before loading in Alder Lake Patch. Do things right and magically things work.

Regardless of how stupid I feel, my game now works. I installed my mods folder; those work too. Now all I need to do it muck with settings and such to make my graphics card and CPU match the game. If anybody needs to do that, acottonsock put out a good video about that.

ULTIMATE SIMS 3 FIX GUIDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-uBFKOen-4