Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 1:58 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Jan 2024 at 10:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, Into the Future
Default Encountered Error 14 - yay!
I think that’s the number. Two of saved as last two saves are borked in a way I cant save without that error popping (started when with the last save I accidentally saved again while quting after saving by a different name.

Is there are list of things I could try to fix the issue (like in one documentation, so that I dont have search and keep track of single thing I did to salvage the parasite) ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:28 PM
That error is listed as "14: No load/save manager found." Yikes, what does that mean?
Inventor
#3 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 7:13 PM
Is it possible that you accidentally deleted Load Options, Options or another file while deleting Caches? A long time ago, I was deleting caches, and accidentally deleted something else. I don't remember which file, or exactly what happened, but I know it buggered my game terribly. I retrieved whichever it was from a full game backup. Otherwise, rename your Sims 3 folder, start a new game, and it should generate a new Sims 3 folder with basic files. Transfer that to your renamed folder, delete the new one, and rename your main folder back to Sims 3.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 10:15 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Jan 2024 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Is it possible that you accidentally deleted Load Options, Options or another file while deleting Caches? A long time ago, I was deleting caches, and accidentally deleted something else. I don't remember which file, or exactly what happened, but I know it buggered my game terribly. I retrieved whichever it was from a full game backup. Otherwise, rename your Sims 3 folder, start a new game, and it should generate a new Sims 3 folder with basic files. Transfer that to your renamed folder, delete the new one, and rename your main folder back to Sims 3.

I didn’t mess around with those files around with recent plays, but I might take a look (I dont delete caches).

ETA: Option.ini is there, Load Options not sure where to look for it (I just typed it in the search box), and I don't know if any file shouldn't be missing? Are Script files suppose to be a firefox type of shortcuts (cause either of the logo change, or does files seem to be of unusual format for me. Gonna try your advice of regenerating the new folder.

ETA2: ok, I did what you asked. I backed up various files in TS3 folder, plot or replaced them with newly generated ones, and it seems it actually worked (didn't think it would). Restarting again and I hope it persists on working. Yup, the latest saved loaded up without error. If it saves up, I'd be happy (I do wonder, what could have caused it: either staying-logged/online compotent, or enabled testingcheats for too long

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#5 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I didn’t mess around with those files around with recent plays, but I might take a look (I dont delete caches).

ETA: Option.ini is there, Load Options not sure where to look for it (I just typed it in the search box), and I don't know if any file shouldn't be missing? Are Script files suppose to be a firefox type of shortcuts (cause either of the logo change, or does files seem to be of unusual format for me. Gonna try your advice of regenerating the new folder.

ETA2: ok, I did what you asked. I backed up various files in TS3 folder, plot or replaced them with newly generated ones, and it seems it actually worked (didn't think it would). Restarting again and I hope it persists on working. Yup, the latest saved loaded up without error. If it saves up, I'd be happy (I do wonder, what could have caused it: either staying-logged/online compotent, or enabled testingcheats for too long

I have never played online, so do not know if that changes anything. But, I have never had an issue with testing cheats being on. I may turn it on when I start my game, then forget about it.

Either way, glad that helped.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!