Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2024 at 3:52 AM Last edited by Deshong : 20th May 2024 at 6:27 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Save Load Time Typically Increases Upon Each Load
My computer specs:

PowerSpec G353 (Pre-built gaming desktop I researched before buying)

Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz
NVidia Geforce RTX 2070 8GB
1 TB NVMe SSD/250 GB SATA SSD (I switched out the original SSD.)
1 TB HDD

=======

All EP's/SP's/Store Content/Some mods-cc installed (Currently 1.98 GB)

So the first time, or that I recall, I had this issue is with the edited version of Bridgeport from Rflong7. (http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.co...bridgeport.html)

The save is around week 139 day 2, however I do not think it has to do with how long the neighborhood has been playing for as I have another save, for now, that is around week 226 day 2 and plays fine and does not take forever to load the last time I checked it's around 5-8 minutes. It's not the population because it is less than 60 residential Sims if I remember correctly. Any time I've ever deleted NPC's/Service/Homeless Sims it does not have any noticeable effect at all, thus I rarely do that anymore as it's clear that is not the issue I'm facing. However, I still tried it anyway to rule it out and yeah no effect.

I don't think it's the world itself as I am now facing the same issue with one of the official Store worlds, Hidden Springs (Around week 122). Granted in this latest case there has been a baby boom and there are around 90 residential Sims. But when copying the save to test some things out like annihilating the whole population including NPC's/Service/Homeless excluding my Sims has no effect whatsoever either. It does lower the save file size but does absolutely nothing about that atrocious load time which tends to keep growing. First it was around 3-10 minutes then 15 minutes than 45 minutes then 1 hour+. Same as the Bridgeport doomed load time.

Now the gameplay in these saves are fine once I get rid of any mods/cc causing lag/stuttering/etc. However that might be where the problem lies as I'm noticing I tend to have a lot of issues with script mods than any other mod type. As far as I know they are updated and on the correct patch level but I have been observing that I seem to run into a lot of invisible incompatibilities whether it is coded poorly and/or has an unknown issue with another mod even though it makes no sense why or how it makes the game go awry.

For example: I just got finished cleaning out my mods/cc and I noticed right away that my Sims started using various sinks to wash the kitchen dishes, like they were always using the kitchen sink and not any other sink which I suppose I thought was odd but ignored it. So it seems one of those script mods altered something despite I don't recall any of them mentioning that behavior. Maybe it was a hidden feature they forgot about or some odd side effect.

In any case, it's possible that some of the script mods injects itself into the game moreso aggressively than others which are moreso superficial. I'm thinking when I remove some of those kinds of mods innocently that upon loading without it, it might make the game bug out in a way that it's trying to load something that is no longer there but acting like it's trying to retrieve data for it or something. Honestly, I have no idea but it's a thought. The issues I'm having could very well be my own fault as I'll be honest, I'm not going to remember to do this or that before uninstalling said mod.

I wonder is there any way this can be rectified once this happens? Or do I either have to deal with it until it no longer allows me to or deal with the nuisance of starting a new neighborhood?

I tried the save cleaner and it does not do anything for this particular issue.
I tried removing all scripts and it did not help with the loading issue but it did make my game run smooth like butter without it all. I had around 45 scripts and according to my game...that's too much.
I tried removing the mods folder for the Bridgeport save and that only brought the loading time down a little bit (Around 5-10 mins) but was still excessively long. I have not tried it with Hidden Springs but I don't think it would yield any useful results.
I tried deleting NPC's/Service/Homeless and nothing.
I tried deleting the residents except for my Sims and nothing.
I tried to use fix home world from NRass DebugEnabler for the Bridgeport save and nothing.

Edit:

-I tried resetting the town
-deleting caches
-v-sync is on
-cc .packages are merged
-flushed stuck jigs
-inventory management (individual/family)
-memories always disabled
-using the original loading screen
-using save as
-I skip the launcher to start the game
-dashboard does not show any corrupted or Sims 2 files that I haven't dealt with/the rest are conflicts within the same creators mods/cc

I don't know but it seems like there's a permanent memory leak somewhere within the saves. I can barely leave the home lot before error code 12 or crashing to desktop which is not how it was before this began. I could go Sim weeks and months without issue. And yes for years now I've always maxed out the settings except for High Detail Lots is on 1; I can only max everything out with no mods or minimal mods. I'm stubborn and I will not change the graphics any lower, lol. But gameplay is not the issue although it doesn't run as smooth without mods or minimal mods but it's nothing that is distracting to the overall performance to me.

I did update my graphics driver a few times but I am not currently updated to the latest which was released May 9th, 2024. I have the last one before that I think.

I wonder if this issue will end up affecting all my saves, that would be so annoying I might just quit.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Next Game: ObsCure (Oops I got Kenny and then later Stan killed-who reminds me of Josh Harnett...starting over! I enjoy the 90s/00s lingo, lol. The remaster looks great too.)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2024 at 12:29 AM
I came across this (https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comm...cache_files_in/) and decided to try it, hoping I wouldn't ruin my saves but a risk I took regardless though I have everything backed up. And to be honest, I have no idea of any possible long-term effects and/or side effects this could bring, if any.

To the point, my Bridgeport save is beyond rescue (I'm still going to hold on to it though) but my Hidden Springs save went from 1 hour+ to around 11:24 minutes. That is a huge difference. I still do not know why my HS save started to load longer each time; I mean like anywhere from 15 minutes plus each time I load the save and I'm just playing without anything drastic being done. Sure I'm in a household of 10+ on a 50 x 50 lot, but 1 hr+ cannot be right. I have another save with a load up of a household with 11 residents and a big house on a big lot and that save loads in less than 10 minutes, or so the last time I checked and that is in Moonlight Falls on week 226. So at least I can cross-reference some data.

Though it may make a difference that it is an empty version of Moonlight Falls I started with. The empty worlds are great when building my own families and generations without the premade Sims and families taking up space and resources. It's just more work but very well may be worth it in the long-term.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Next Game: ObsCure (Oops I got Kenny and then later Stan killed-who reminds me of Josh Harnett...starting over! I enjoy the 90s/00s lingo, lol. The remaster looks great too.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th May 2024 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I came across this (https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comm...cache_files_in/) and decided to try it, hoping I wouldn't ruin my saves but a risk I took regardless though I have everything backed up. And to be honest, I have no idea of any possible long-term effects and/or side effects this could bring, if any.

To the point, my Bridgeport save is beyond rescue (I'm still going to hold on to it though) but my Hidden Springs save went from 1 hour+ to around 11:24 minutes. That is a huge difference. I still do not know why my HS save started to load longer each time; I mean like anywhere from 15 minutes plus each time I load the save and I'm just playing without anything drastic being done. Sure I'm in a household of 10+ on a 50 x 50 lot, but 1 hr+ cannot be right. I have another save with a load up of a household with 11 residents and a big house on a big lot and that save loads in less than 10 minutes, or so the last time I checked and that is in Moonlight Falls on week 226. So at least I can cross-reference some data.

Though it may make a difference that it is an empty version of Moonlight Falls I started with. The empty worlds are great when building my own families and generations without the premade Sims and families taking up space and resources. It's just more work but very well may be worth it in the long-term.

I haven't played Bridgeport in ages, so I can't say if it's something to do with Bridgeport itself. Have you tried resetting the town with Master Controller? I'm assuming you use 'Save As' every time and have cleaned it with Regul Save Cleaner? Have you tried posting in NRAAS? Maybe there is someone there who has an idea why this is happening.