Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Brokeback Mountain Sims: Jake Gyllenhaal & Heath Ledger

by fanseelamb Posted 27th Dec 2005 at 7:54 PM - Updated 9th Jun 2010 at 8:15 PM by fanseelamb : adding preview text

157 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 155 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 4:36 AM
haha np, btw i love your work!

those low rise pants make my game wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 4:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! Your sims and ModtheSims2.com were officially mentioned on the US cable network G4 on the show called "Attack of the Show". You rock!
#78 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:09 PM
Thanks =D
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:04 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 9th Jul 2006 at 7:45 AM. Reason: updated link
Quote: Originally posted by HChangeri
CONGRATULATIONS! Your sims and ModtheSims2.com were officially mentioned on the US cable network G4 on the show called "Attack of the Show". You rock!

Wow, thanks for letting me know! I live in Canada and don't get that show... never even heard of it before.

If anyone else is curious to see it, go HERE and search for "Sarah Lane" then view the video titled "The Daily Feed with Sarah Lane 2.09.06" - our clip is around the middle of the show. Thanks a million for that link, daysies!
Test Subject
#80 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 11:01 PM
Very well done, I like it. :nod:
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 10:34 PM
Simply beautiful
Test Subject
#82 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 1:09 AM Last edited by zalo_m : 14th Feb 2006 at 1:12 AM. Reason: too many bad writing hehe!
Hey! I think they look great, I`ve also a fan of that movie even when I haven`t see it. I came to mod the sims 2 everyday, but I reached this post by another way, There`s a comment in the official blog of the movie in Spain. I was reading about the movie, and there`s a mention to you`re creation. I was so happy to see it, I`m a huge fan of the sims 2 for about 6 years, and I love the movie. Please take a look at it

http://www.brokebackmountain.es/

and here`s the link to the blog that mention your sims

http://www.brokebackmountain.es/bro...e.html#comments

I love them, I donpt usually download user created sims, but I have to have them in my game. Thank U!

Why people are asking why is this download featured? are they jealous or what?. You did an excellent job and I think it`s a different way to do it without using custom content. Great job!

Zalo

[COLOR=DarkRed]simFIGstyle rules!!!!!![/COLOR]
Instructor
#83 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 11:23 PM
I must say, while I find the screenshots a confusing mix of disturbing on one hand and almost silly-looking on the other, these sims definitely look a whole lot more like their movie world counterparts than my Apple Dumpling Gang set ever will.

Still can't say I care one bit for the movie or its message, but excellent recreation nevertheless. You've got skill, Fansee.

Perhaps you'll make their wives and kids next? Then again, the movie is kind of unfair to them...
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 6:13 PM
I love the sims, specially jake!!! thanx

Puede ser que la vida me guíe hasta el sol, puede ser, que el mal, domine tus horas, o que toda tu risa, le gane ese pulso al dolor... puede ser, que el malo sea hoy.
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 11:29 PM
it's really great movie! thanks
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 4:09 AM
You've made Jake Gyllenhaal absolutely gorgeous.
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 7:05 AM
HAHAH! Congrats! You're sims are in Rolling Stone! (It's a little 1-sentence thing in the Grid, but you're #2 and Lindsay Lohan is #5)
EDIT: Page 39 - "Brokeback Sims: With the Oscars fast approaching, Brokeback fever spreads to the web: America's favorite Cowboys get pixelated as character mods for The Sims 2 video game (modthesims2.com)"
Sweet!

All the girls are in love with me, I'm a teenage lobotomy.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 6:42 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 26th Feb 2006 at 6:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Hägen-Dazs
HAHAH! Congrats! You're sims are in Rolling Stone! (It's a little 1-sentence thing in the Grid, but you're #2 and Lindsay Lohan is #5)
EDIT: Page 39 - "Brokeback Sims: With the Oscars fast approaching, Brokeback fever spreads to the web: America's favorite Cowboys get pixelated as character mods for The Sims 2 video game (modthesims2.com)"
Sweet!

OMG, which issue? That's wild, LOL. Thanks so much for the heads-up! :gonemad:
Instructor
#89 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:01 PM Last edited by VAMPY BITES V^^^^V : 27th Feb 2006 at 7:51 PM.
Hey,
In this weeks issue Of ROLLING STONE magazine issue #995 March 9 2006, PAGE 39, they posted a picture of your simmies!

"Brokeback Sims.....With the Oscar fast approaching,Brokeback fever spreads to the web:
America's favorite cowboys get pixelated as character mods for The Sim 2 video game.(Modthtesims2.com)"

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
#90 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:09 PM
Congrats on making the Rolling Stone!
Tickled to see a screenie and info about this in the new Rolling Stone i got in the mail today! :moose: Awesome work, and thanks for posting!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:15 PM
Ah! Thanks guys! That's insane. I'm dyin' to see it, but the new issue isn't even on stands here yet, LOL.
Test Subject
#92 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:33 AM
Brilliant! I thank you so much. I especially like Jake. You did an excellent job on him.

:gnight:Absynth..
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:20 PM
Just so you all know, these sims were featured as part of a little blip about MTS2 in the March 9th, 2006 issue of Rolling Stone. I scanned the part of the page here
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 6:16 AM
Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 10:15 AM
Umm... By any chance will they work for sims 2?
Test Subject
#96 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 11:38 PM
Default Omg
oh my gosh i saw your sims in The Rolling Stones magazine!!!!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 5:50 AM
DameSporkalot: Thank you for the scan!! Er, well it's not up right now but I saw it when you posted... just didn't have time to respond then. So thanks!! :D

mezees: Do you mean just Sims 2 without any EPs? I'm not exactly sure. I had Nightlife and University installed when I packaged them, and they're wearing Nightlife clothes. The regular Sims 2 installer will require both EPs, but you might be able to install them (minus the NL clothes) with Clean Installer.

BloodStainedRoses: Yay! :D
Test Subject
#98 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 1:02 PM
Love the movie, love your Sims.

Liesbeth
SimSoap
Test Subject
#99 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 3:03 AM Last edited by dawnie1970 : 8th Apr 2006 at 3:04 AM. Reason: clarification
Question
The download section says I only need the Sims 2, but I can't open the package. I don't have any eps, is that the reason why? No gay cowboys for me. *sniffle* Can anyone help?
Test Subject
#100 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 9:37 PM
Beautiful job! I'll be downloading these as soon as I get Nightlife.
Page 4 of 7