Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Old Tire Swing- Swing for BaseGame, and a (BV) Treehouse!

by Phaenoh Posted 13th Jan 2008 at 8:35 PM - Updated 16th Sep 2009 at 1:42 AM by Phaenoh

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 2:52 PM
YAY first!!!
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you! I was looking for this! *clap clap clap*
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Congrats on finishing what you set out to do...it looks great. Can't wait to see it in my game

I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do !!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 2:59 PM
Phaenoh...You are a god. Seriously. I adore absolutely everything you create, and this is no exception! You did such a good job!! Thank you so much, this is definitely going into my already-stuffed downloads folder...I can't bring myself to look at any other of your creations anymore, cause I think my download folder will explode if I add anything else! :p
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:01 PM
Thank you! I'd gotten so tired of that darned swing set! Now the kids have a real swing to use! I hope it's cheaper than the swing set, though!
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:03 PM
Thank you sooooooo mcuh this is exactly what i wanted for my stories!!!!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:43 PM
Thank You this look like great fun
Alchemist
#8 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:35 PM
What a wonderful and playful contribution! Thanks you!
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:59 PM
Great job, Phaenoh! I had a tire swing when I was a kid & I really look forward to having one now for my Sim kids (of all ages, lol).
Now that the 'walk to lot' feature has made cars obsolete in my game, it's nice to know the old tires will be recycled, lol.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:59 PM
this looks so much better than the childishly colored maxis swing. i use that one so little i forgot there even WAS a swing in the game. i thought you had created a completely new-to-the-sims-2 object. nevertheless it sounds like the work involved was probably just as great as if you had. thanks for refreshing an old forgotten toy for all of us! good luck in the challenge!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Space Pony
#11 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:04 PM
OMG - you did an amazing job on that tire swing !! You get 10 stars from me for all the work - looks fantastic !

Thank you so much for sharing this treasure with us. *huuuuugs*

Silvi
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:05 PM
I was looking forward to this swing ever since I saw pics of it on the chat. Thank you so much for sharing.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:18 PM
This is awesome, Phaenoh! =D I was browsing through the downloads, and nothing caught my eye, until I saw your tire swing! I was like..."ooh, that looks pretty cool"! And when I clicked on it, I realized it was from you! Your creations are amazing! Thank you so much for this swing. My Sims will have so much fun playing on it!

P.S. And if you come on IM, I have a bit of good news about Murphy.
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:44 PM
Super job Phaenoh! Thanks for sharing your hard work with us.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 6:04 PM
Aww... tire swings! It brings back some good childhood memories. ^_^This is absolutely amazing! I love it and I can't wait to try it out in-game. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome creation.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I hope it's cheaper than the swing set, though!
It is, I believe I set the cost at $150, I also tuned the fun down from 7 to 5. I had a complaint about the Maxis swings being to appetizing.
Quote: Originally posted by sims2manic
this is exactly what i wanted for my stories!!!!!
Send me a link! I'd love to see it in action!
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
i use that maxis one so little i forgot there even WAS a swing in the game. i thought you had created a completely new-to-the-sims-2 object. nevertheless it sounds like the work involved was probably just as great as if you had.
Not quite, but close to as frustrating if I had.
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I was looking forward to this swing ever since I saw pics of it on the chat.
Oh god, those pictures were horrible! The tire wasn't swinging with the sim!

Thanks for the comments everyone! I love reading everything you write!
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:13 PM
Awesome! This swing makes me think in somethink more familiar (if the word is not right, English is not my language, sorry!) than the Maxis swing set, like it is more natural for home. Thanks for all the effort!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:41 PM
All hail Phaenoh. :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:48 PM
This is awesome! ^.^
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:57 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
I have wanted a tire swing ever since I saw the horrid Crayola colored swing-thing in screen shots. I had no idea how much work it was, thank you for making my old-fashioned world a bit more fun.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:39 PM
OMG Phaenoh! You are a genius as well as Echo and Stormwench! I've been wanting a different swingset for AGES! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! X a million!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:53 PM
Cool idea! Congratulations on this accomplishment. Who would have thought that "swinging" would be such a challenge.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 10:50 PM
oh my gosh! this is sooo cool! thanks a lot, phaenoh!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 11:37 PM
It's been so very cool watching you grow as a creator. Congratulations on making a very difficult object and having it turn out so well!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
It's been so very cool watching you grow as a creator. Congratulations on making a very difficult object and having it turn out so well!
Thank you and thank you!
Page 1 of 5